Ka gurus i need ur help

Elliot G

Spectator
i have a buddy who bored out his ka dual cam to a 2.6. he broke the intake cam during reassembly so he put in an altima cam. then i found out he the cam timing was wrong so we readjusted. now with the car set around to about 15-20 degrees of ignition timing it runs fine, but really high idle. we tried the changing the timing but anywhere else besides that and TDC runs rough. i tried to turn idle down via IACV but it stays at 2000 rpm. his dad turned the throttle cable yesterday so i tried to readjust it down. it dropped down to 500 rpm but ran really rough. and theres no maf on this also. we are just trying to get it to idle right. can anybody give us some help. possibly come over and help us out for free.

Last edited:
re edited. i used the wrong term on one sentence. but seriously no joking around. this thing has been down for over a year and its the first time its been started in over a year and a half. and since ive started helping him i got started up. he broke the cam and originally set the cams. i came over and helped him get them right.

get the pistons and rods and crank balanced

alot of hot rod guys re-tune their carburators when they got their crate engines thinking it was the carb because the engine sputtered and had rough idle and stuff. amazing what a nice engine balance will do to car, once you balance a crate engine god it's a monster.

Also hook up the MAF god dammit unless you're on a piggy back or a standalone

Last edited:
we had the maf on yesterday and it ran rough. we didnt try today but tomorrow we are gonna give it another shot with the maf.

no the maf came off of my car . when we were done we put it back in my car and my car runs fine. so i now the maf isnt the cause

could it be the idle control valve? you said you tried adjusting it and nothing right? unplug it and see what happens if it changes or not.

Back
Top Bottom