Japan?

I heard on the news that unlike other tsunamis that occur, the water from this one is not going to go back to the sea because the land is actually lower than it used to be. They were saying that some of Japans coastline was just reclaimed by the sea and that the map of Japan may actually change because of this.

I'm in an international humanitarian assistance class at UF (we discuss and learn about relief efforts of things like this) so we are going to be talking about this a lot. I can probably find out what NGOs will be going to Japan to help with relief efforts and which would be the best to donate to (if anyone is interested in actually donating/helping out)

I heard on the news that unlike other tsunamis that occur, the water from this one is not going to go back to the sea because the land is actually lower than it used to be. They were saying that some of Japans coastline was just reclaimed by the sea and that the map of Japan may actually change because of this.

I'm in an international humanitarian assistance class at UF (we discuss and learn about relief efforts of things like this) so we are going to be talking about this a lot. I can probably find out what NGOs will be going to Japan to help with relief efforts and which would be the best to donate to (if anyone is interested in actually donating/helping out)

Alright cool, i really wanna know whats gonna happen

So I was thinkin' "Damn man, I hope they can quickly recover from such a hard hit and for all those with their lives taken, didn't suffer." The second thought that came to my mind was "Wait, there's a lot of circuits in Japan that I've dreaming of going to..."

Well I did a little searching and sadly found this...

This is apparently Ebisu after the earthquake

EbisuCircuit.PowerVehiclesGarage.Destoyed.Earthquake-373x500.jpg

EbisuCircuit.GaragesGone-375x500.jpg

EbisuCircuit.Garages.Collasped-500x373.jpg

http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2011/03/10/ebisu-circuit-hit-hard-by-japan-8-9-earthquake/
http://www.wreckedmagazine.com/blog/2011/03/11/more-ebisu-circuit-post-earthquakes-images/

......Damn

For those who care (or just want to pick some up), Canibeat is selling Pray for Japan stickers that 100% of the profit is going to helping Japan.

PFJBLOG.jpg

Besides the earthquake and tsunamis, two nuclear reactors almost had a meltdown and some radiation leaked they started an evacuation yesterday

buildings are covered with mud in Minamisanriku, Miyagi prefecture

A vehicle is half submerged at a crossroad in Sendai, northeastern Japan

Cracks are seen on the snow-covered ground in woodlands near the earthquake and tsunami-devastated town of Sendai

Cargo containers are strewn about in Sendai Japan, earthquake-fed tsunami killed hundreds of people and turned the northeastern coast into a swampy wasteland, while authorities braced for a possible meltdown at a nuclear reactor

Officials in protective gear check for signs of radiation on children who are from the evacuation area near the Fukushima Daini nuclear plant in Koriyama
they need all the help they can get

crazy video...you can actually see the ground "float" like foam on water....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom