It's official: Countyline Drift Event July 29th

about how many tires would you need? For a newb? I am going to the moroso event and I might go to this one and would like to know how much cash I need.

It depends how fast you can go through tires. Someone who can connect the whole track drifting will use a lot more tires. I wasted a brand new set in under 5 minutes. Some guys were sliding for almost 1/2 hour before they had to change their first set of tires. (They also had less power, which is also a big contributor).

I think 3 healthy pairs would do a beginner good practice. If you can bring more, do so... it's always more track time and more fun. And if you have left overs, then it's less work to prepare for the event after that.

The_Sinister_7 said:
about how many tires would you need? For a newb? I am going to the moroso event and I might go to this one and would like to know how much cash I need.
For moroso... I went thru 1 set of used tires which were still good just changed to drive home.. but it was wet half of the day... Moroso is easy on tires.. Dry day id say 2-3 sets tops depending on power and skill?

Moroso is easy on tires..
No its not. Moroso's SKID PAD is easy on tires. The road coarse however was not kind to tires at all... One good set would get me 4-6 runs before the wires would come through. And this is when it was still wet. I was out of tires by 2:00 pm and had to sit and watch or else not get home :mad: .

kleen555 said:
No its not. Moroso's SKID PAD is easy on tires. The road coarse however was not kind to tires at all... One good set would get me 4-6 runs before the wires would come through. And this is when it was still wet. I was out of tires by 2:00 pm and had to sit and watch or else not get home :mad: .

He meant the skid pad if I'm not mistaken.... he implied that he will probably have leftovers from Moroso to be able to attend Countyline :bigthumbu

kleen555 said:
I was talkin about the skid Pad... for the upcoming event... but Yeah.. I hear that roadcourse is a tire eater.. :D

Yeah, it would be a good idea to do Moroso and then Countyline(if $$ permits you to). You would be surprised how fast you improve in a stress-free enviroment. When all you have to do is focus on the track and car, I'm telling you its like drifter heaven. What more can you ask than to drift without stress and hang out with friends :D .

Last edited:
Well I got lots of power and little skill, I have a like new pair of tires ready for action, I am going to try to get another set of wheels so I wont have to keep taking off my autox tires off my spare rims every time there is an event, Ha ha I am going to have three different sized sets of rims 15" 16" and 18" where the hell am I going to keep all these wheels:) !

I was talkin about the skid Pad... for the upcoming event... but Yeah.. I hear that roadcourse is a tire eater..
Oh sorry man. Yeah the skid pad looked like glass compared to the road coarse. I'm stressing right now making sure I'm gonna have enough tires for this saturday because Moroso "roadcoarse" is a tire killer. And statements like this:
I wasted a brand new set in under 5 minutes.
has me thinking about being able to even do Countyline... When I was there that night to meet the owners that was biggest concern about the venue. If I run into a stash of free/cheap tires I'll be there for sure.

kleen555 said:
Oh sorry man. Yeah the skid pad looked like glass compared to the road coarse. I'm stressing right now making sure I'm gonna have enough tires for this saturday because Moroso "roadcoarse" is a tire killer. And statements like this: has me thinking about being able to even do Countyline... When I was there that night to meet the owners that was biggest concern about the venue. If I run into a stash of free/cheap tires I'll be there for sure.

No, you are going to be there driving, regardless of how many tires you have, because I love your car.

yo

Heres a helpful tip when you go to make that Uturn at county line, slow down erick was roosting them around the cone like he was sponsored :driving:

hachi said:
Heres a helpful tip when you go to make that Uturn at county line, slow down erick was roosting them around the cone like he was sponsored :driving:

lmao very good point though it was like a big ass burnout on the 180

Its not that easy, the right foot just doesn't want to listen. The foot always seems to say. . ."Never Lift!" :D

kleen555 said:
If I run into a stash of free/cheap tires I'll be there for sure.

I'm going to bring back the gold wheels for this event so I can raid dealerships for their common size tires. I know BMW changes the tires on all their certified pre-owned cars before they put them up for sale as part as their pre-sale tune up... so more than commonly you'll see a bunch of fairly good tires going to waste. Stack up a few pairs and you already got yourself some tires :bigthumbu

countyline is pretty bad, i am like "erick becareful outthere, there is a big ass chunk of tire from my car in the oval"
Erick: "nah its ok"
Erick after his lap: "Shit that was a big ass chunk of tire"
Bladder: "we told you n00b"

After looking at the pavement in Moroso, I'm convinced Countyline is not any worse than the road course. The difference is that you will be a lot more on throttle sideways at Countyline than you will at Moroso.

Back
Top Bottom