im a effing internet ninja *iTunes goodness found*

kwkouki

YOUS TROLLIN!
Driver
im a effing iPhone noob says Rob

So im fiddling around with muh new iPhone, and looking for apps to make ringtones from tracks that I havent bought from iTunes. Most of them are for use with windows and the ones I found for OSX I didnt like *very limited* I got to using my thinker when I saw what the extensions were for actual ringtones. Here is what I found out so far

Open up iTunes
Select song you want
Control click *left click for you goofy ass windows users* and select "get info"
Open up the options tab
Input where you want the song to start, and finish (Start time/Stop time)
Ok the changes
With track highlighted, create AAC version of the file *will make duplicate track but with much much smaller play time*
Drag the new file to the desktop
Rename extention to .m4r *dunno how you rename on windows*

Here is where I got stuck, I figured I could just redrag it to iTunes and it would recognize it as a ringtone. You have to delete the AAC version from iTunes completely before the next step. Also go back and reset the start/stop time of the original track

Drad the .m4r back into the LIBRARY in iTunes
The new track will be in the ringtones section of iTunes now
Sync your iPhone and import it over to your phone

BOOBAM. enjoy your free ringtones

Last edited:
Man you are stuck in the past. I thnk we've all known this for quite some time....

Did you know you can take a screen shot of your iphone?

lol... hopefully by next week TJ will know how to get the paid Apps from the App Store for free. :)

ok new subject then. you all need to tell me some must needed apps for this thing. I am loving it so far.

ok new subject then. you all need to tell me some must needed apps for this thing. I am loving it so far.

First of all, jailbreak it. Then look up Installous. If you pay for a single app, imma laugh in your face.

Oh, and if you have any questions, youtube it. I have yet to not find a step by step instruction process for something iPhone related there.

Last edited:
Garage Band does it ALL FOR YOU! It has a IMPORT AS RINGTONE TO iTunes BUTTON!

Hollar at me when your ready to Jailbreak it.

maybe off topic here but can all these things be done to an Itouch? my sis just got one and is going crazy with the apps and songs...

Back
Top Bottom