How To Make A Pressure Tester

SpdRcrChk

Spectator
What You Will Need:
2" PVC Cap (you can find these at places like Home Depot. The cap should be about 2.5" Overall Diameter)
Valve Stems
Silicone
Drill

Steps (easy part!)
• Drill a hole on the cap that's the same size as the valve stem (center, thinner part)
• Put in the valve stem and make sure to seal it well with the silicone.
• Hose clamp it on to the turbo inlet / inlet piping (make sure that you clamp it on real tight. If you don't, it's likely to blow off once you pressurize it).
• Add air pressure (u know...use a compressor ;) ) and listen' for leaks.

Voila!! You're now a mechanic or somethin' :D

I put a pressure gauge on mine. So I can walk away and come back to see if it leaks.

trd88supra said:
i have a boost gauge

man chris.. put the bong down. This way you can check for leaks while the car is stopped and not running. Instead of oh shit i dont have boost wheres the leak.

e30 gangsta said:
man chris.. put the bong down. This way you can check for leaks while the car is stopped and not running. Instead of oh shit i dont have boost wheres the leak.

i know but the boost gauge will go down also you use the air compressor w/ the car off.

m4nfred said:
boost leaks blow motors....maf...i think

Not sure about blowing the motor, but it can cause the car to run like crap. When my supra was running it'd suffer from boost leaks all day. Sometimes id start the car and the check engine light would be on (MAF is reading one amount of air comming in but the engines receiving something else). You'd stomp the gas, hear the turbo spool, hear that sweet whistling sound comming from the engine bay (sound of a boost leak) and what sounds like the car should be doing 150mph is in actuality just a car mimicking a moped in speed sounding alot sicker. Boost leaks suck ass. :thumbsdow overall, how much did it cost you to make it and how much pressure is it good for?

Last edited:
ProjectRB26DETT said:
Not sure about blowing the motor, but it can cause the car to run like crap. When my supra was running it'd suffer from boost leaks all day. Sometimes id start the car and the check engine light would be on (MAF is reading one amount of air comming in but the engines receiving something else). You'd stomp the gas, hear the turbo spool, hear that sweet whistling sound comming from the engine bay (sound of a boost leak) and what sounds like the car should be doing 150mph is in actuality just a car mimicking a moped in speed sounding alot sicker. Boost leaks suck ass. :thumbsdow

It won't blow the motor. Boost leaks will richen up your afr and it'll run like crapola.

Back
Top Bottom