How do you pay to fix up your car?

P

pjmrnolife

I work at an inventory company making 9 dollars an hour but i would like to change to pizza delivery cause i heard they make around 10 to 20 an hour

I do all the work myself so it's pretty cheap... but I work for a marketing company, I handle sales/contract negotiations. Also I do wedding/event photography and sell car parts for more then they are really worth.

live frugal. keep unnessacary spending to a minimum. Live efficiently. Their are ways. Function over form. and dont be dumb and make costly mistakes.

I am the assistant manager of car multimedia installations at circuit city i get salaried plus a monthly bonus if my department does well...works out nicely but i dont DUMP money in my car like others...there are more important things to me like traveling and saving for my house in the next 3 years hopefully

I am a custom metal fabricator working with my dad until i finish my batchlors degree and move on to a more career focused job in comptuer networking.

I dont have many expenses while im still living at home(19). I use alot of my money traveling to events, maintaining the car and contributing to a IRA each month. Any extra money is set aside and eventually allocated towards the next modification to the car.

oh awesome! see this is why i started this, to see what jobs make what kind of money. I graduated at 17 and am 19 now and i decided to take the route of not going to college thinking that i could make a lot of money. Not a great idea..
screaming6 said:
I am the assistant manager of car multimedia installations at circuit city i get salaried plus a monthly bonus if my department does well...works out nicely but i dont DUMP money in my car like others...there are more important things to me like traveling and saving for my house in the next 3 years hopefully
Are you hiring because i have experience

***Computer Drafter finishing my Associates making $28,000+ yearly*** im only 19 n do most of my wrenching in my front yard... save on labor buy more parts!!

me and my dad own a company where we import and export electronics, n i like to do most of the work on my car my self or with the help of sum friends

acutally we are hiring in my store for more installers which are needed badly...if you really do have experience with car electrical then please apply for roadshop...www.circuitcity.com/careers Coral Springs store

its a good job as an installer i believe starting pay is 10.25 an hour(a dollar more if you can get certified MECP) you can get part time full benenfits.flexable hours..every six months there is an evaluation for a raise..awesome discounts directly through dealers( 70% off kicker, 60% off eclipse) and like i said if we hit our monthly budget you get a bonus up to 3 dollars every hour worked..=14.25 if your certified

oh and installers have their own pit row uniform not like the rest of the store(****ies and tucked out polos)...:)

sorry for long post but i need to hire someone to help out i only got two guys..so only if you have experience i am already training someone...oh yea i am 19 also...:)

Last edited:
I work at Sears. Im living at home(SCREW YOU HATERS... IT IS FREE!) I choose the NONE College route after a year of EACH of the following: WELDING, HONDA PACT, A&P Tech, COMPUTER DESIGN and 3 years of AUTOTECH. Now I do sales at Sears. Good money. Very steady. I am going back to school tho.
I also do Sound Engineering Free Lance for TV Production agencys. Some of you must have seen the JM Lexus commercials. Those are what I have been doing latley. Or the West Palm crowd I did the Palm Beach Post commercial too. Bears Furniture.

One thing the old man who repair Hydrolics and lifts in the bay next to my old one. If you work hard when your young, You work a lot less when your older. Meaning goto schol get a uber career and make tons of money and retire early!

He told me this after he installed 3 lifts in a doctors beach front property so he can put his 2 Porcshe's and Viper above the Cars he and he wife drive more often. :eek:

screaming6 said:
acutally we are hiring in my store for more installers which are needed badly...if you really do have experience with car electrical then please apply for roadshop...www.circuitcity.com/careers Coral Springs store

its a good job as an installer i believe starting pay is 10.25 an hour(a dollar more if you can get certified MECP) you can get part time full benenfits.flexable hours..every six months there is an evaluation for a raise..awesome discounts directly through dealers( 70% off kicker, 60% off eclipse) and like i said if we hit our monthly budget you get a bonus up to 3 dollars every hour worked..=14.25 if your certified

oh and installers have their own pit row uniform not like the rest of the store(****ies and tucked out polos)...:)

sorry for long post but i need to hire someone to help out i only got two guys..so only if you have experience i am already training someone...oh yea i am 19 also...:)

I just applied. Hpw do I get that Cert. Im already going for my ASE's.

I run the IT department at a Prep School in Boca but I'm also a student...finishing my AA this semester at PBCC and planning on transferring for the Spring 07 semester at Flagler College. I do fairly well on income - $25/hr - but have been trying to pay off all my debts. I got into trouble starting in 2001. I was making around $15/hr and bought a WRX (it was the first batch of them so I payed out the *** and I was $5000 backwards on my trade-in)...my monthly payments were around $660 and my insurance went up to $300/month. With the money I was making I had barely enough extra cash to buy myself food or gas. Everything else went on the credit cards! By the time it was all said and done I was in debt over $10,000 (multiple cards) and have been suffering b/c of that ever since. I should be all cleared from debt though soon just in time for school (new debt, yay).

wow i read- I run the IT department at a Prep School in Boca but I'm also a student...finishing my AA this semester at PBCC and planning on transferring for the Spring 07 semester at Flagler College. I do fairly well on income - $25/hr - and was like fairly well thats RICH!!! ...and then i read the rest -ouch

I sell drugs....No but really I'm in school now to be a Toyota Technician. Do all my own work on my car, and willing to help anyone for some extra cash if anyones interested ;). Going for my ASE's in a couple weeks and looking forward to retiring at 45 with my own shop to run :).

I use to work at nissan and make like a million dollars a week but then they started ****ing me and work wasn't coming in, only warranty jobs and it sucked so I left. Now I just do side jobs and sell parts/cars. I'm currently looking for a desk job somewhere, maybe getting into realty or banking. I hate mechanics.

yeah $25/hr is not "fairly Well" thats false advertising!! lol unless u only work like 2 hours a week n shyt

...pjmrnolifehey i just graduated from pbcc in boca.....what car do you drive i never saw anything but srt4s civics rsxs and the ocassional sti...anyways if you need books ill sell em cheap or help with good professors......

andd Z4k you need to take a test i believe its 35 dollars ciruit city will even pay for it if you pass if you dont tho then you gotta cough up da monay...its called MECP but it is technical so as long as you know about ohms , amperage ,voltage, watts. resistance..Different laws then you should be fine it is quite detailed but you can get study books and such good luck maybe ill see you around...by the way name is GIO

Back
Top Bottom