HOw did U meet Your RWD LOVER ;-)

Hill_TOP_Drfter

I'm just curious on how some of yall got your 240sx or other RWd machines and got into drifting ... I was just looking for any unique storys..... :) :) :) :)

My first car was an s13 bought it new from the dealership with 14miles on it it was a white 91 hatch, at one point the nissan emblem fell off the bumper and i never put it back on, laterthe car was stolen 3 yars later, i have had 4 more s13 since, with my current one that i purchased for $100.00 which has since then been upgraded to a Sil-80. which wears the nissan badge from my first car on the rear hatch, as for how i got into drifting, it kid of fall under occupation, because i have been working within the import automotive industry for the last 9 years.

My father was the first owner of the car. Purchsed it off the dealer in 1989. Had it stored for 6 years. I got it with just a tad under 50,000 miles. I basically grew up with that car.

I watched Initial D and it got me into drifting, then I just did the math in my head which would be the best and most practical car to start out with as a beginner and progress gradually with and it was the 240SX cuz they WERE once affordable and you can find w/e parts you needed at the junkyard. Since that day I've owned 5 240SXs :)

Before I ever owned a 240 I had a Mazda truck. I was working at Just for Feet and there was a kid with a red hatch, massive spoiler loud exhaust. I thought it was t3h ****. I was going to buy it but I bought an Integra instead. But In high school I had a friend who was all for 240s and when my Integra bite the dust I got my first 240 for $900 it was a 1990 5 Speed Hatch. Uber clean but blown head gasket and had been sitting. So I did the gaskets and drove home and spun bearings. Sold the car, then:

Mazda Pickup
BEGAN STREET RACING:
91 Integra
90 Civic Hatch
84 rx7
90 240 hatch
87 rx7
91 rx7 Turbo II
96 Eclipse
91 SE-R -(Pulsar GTiR swap)
82 Toyota Starlet
89 Turbo Supra\
91 240 Coupe
90 240 Coupe
92 SE-R
LEARNED ABOUT DRIFTING:
91 SE-R -100shot NAWZ
89 Turbo II
TRIED DRIFTING:
91 Sil80
NOW DRIFTING:
95 S14
95 S14 -Wrecked
96 S14 -SRawr
92 Sil80 OWN NOW
92 SE-R OWN NOW

i was gonan buy a civic but a saw a clean s13 and it changed my heart :) I nevr knew about a drift scene till i met ganster,but i was already slidin befor i evr read up on drifitng :D

I was reading a magazine a few years ago and saw this red and black panda ae86 with a 20v swap in it. I like how the car looked, it also had a little link to Club4AG. I did some research there on the car and realized the potential of this little car. Then got into drifting after watching a vid of Ueo drifting in a tight course(looked like a go-kart track) on Club4Ag. I stll have that magazine and the vid that were my first glimpses of the ae86 and drifting.

I was introduced to my car on a website and bought it for dirt cheap to sell for an FD, but then I fell in love with the car...especially since it has a 2jz ;)

As for my introduction to drifting: back when Frank (FAL) and I were beginning high school, I was 14 and he was 15; He showed me videos and talked to me about Initial D.

Dang those are some tight stories.....With me I started sliding for fun in the winter with my dads old b12 i pretty much master the winter sliding part with fwd with lots of accidents and fun, But i got really seriuos till everyone around seemed to be going nuts about 240SX. Everybody around my whole city was looking for one desperatly becasue of the just heard about the inline 6 RB25det swap back in 2003. AFter 2 dumb years of driving a honda that was rice out, i decided to get a 240sx it wasn't the one i was looking for, because i like Fast backs only. But i learned to love the coupe overtime...I tryed fixing the s13's ka24e motor but it seemed impossiable from all the beating it had on it which now it is dead. But just a couple weeks ago i bought a b13 ser and all i could say is that it can handle and it got power :eek: . But when i had my 240sx i never really busted drifts but the old owner was a whack a$$ driver who took me drifting when i went test driving it and i was screaming like a BIOTCH. He is pretty good with the heel n toe thingy and he almost crashed into a tree while he took me sliding :eek: . After that i guess i boughted it cause i felt sorry for the car to have a owner who didn't give a sh$t about the 240sx. Plus he was gonna make it a hot rod with a V8 hemy. I LAuged at that idea Cause thats not how you tune a sliding machine. And Now my project for this year is to build my 240sx to life and Drift it like no one ever drifted it.........LOL :D

i was at some walgreens in mirimar with my best friend that i hadnt seen in while and when we came out he just started flipping out. OMG! Look! Its a starion! WWHHHOOAAAA!!!! Trubo! Rear wheel drive! 4 cylinder! 2.6 Liters! My brother had one and it was Freaking fast man! Then the owner came out and when he was leaving he hit it and the sound of the HKS exhaust and SSQV sounded o so good. So i searched for 6 months and finaly found one. How did i get into drifting? I wanted to be different than all thos FF at school so i said what can i do that they cant? Drift baby! So i set out to be different. Now, 2 years later, im good freinds with the owner of the first starion i ever saw.

i was a freshman and my crazy friend, Evoboy, showed me these magazines on drifting and then the drift bible, then initial d... and thats to that AWD bastard, i bought a hachi-nogo and will be lookin for a clean s13 coupe very soon.... ** sidenote tho, im not that big into drifting anymore, ill do it cuz its fun, but i really want to start autocrossing and road racing... i love that ish

These are great love stories. Well, here is mine.... Back in November of 2003, I was into the Hondas and all that great stuff. Well, I was over at my best friend's house, and I was looking through his car pictures and videos. I noticed that most of the cars in the pics were 240s. Well, I saw a video of a couple 240s drifting, and I was like, "Wow." I realized, I didn't want to street race a Honda, I wanted to drift. So I decided to get a 240 coupe and do a Silvia conversion. Well, couple months later it was tie to buy my first car. I looked for a 240, and I couldn't find one at all. So my desperation, and my mom's help, I bought a 1997 Honda Accord LX 4 door 5 speed (how lame). I was cool with the car. I was happy that I got a nice, reliable car. Couple months later, I went to Drift Showoff with my friends. And I opened my eyes a little more. I realized I was driving the wrong car. The Accord wasn't me. So I learned more about drifting and came across a little old car. The AE86 Corolla. I learned more and more about the car. I go to my best friend's house, and he tells me about a little Corolla just sitting by his grandma's house, AND IT WAS FOR SALE! We decided to go take a look at it. When I saw it, I fell in love. We knock on the door, and a Cuban guy comes out. He showed us everything about the car. He gave us a little spin (driving pretty hard too). The man told us he wanted $500. I was sad, cuz I didn't have the money. We go back to my friend's house, and he decided to buy the car. I was like, "Let's go take you to buy that car." So we all got in his parents' car and rode down to the house where the 86 was at. So my friend buys the car, and I ask him, "So what are you going to do with this car?" He replied, "I'm going to sell it to you." The feeling of having a friend like that is unimaginable. So I had to drive it back, because I was the only one with a license, and what a coincedence, IT WAS RAINING! So my friend's parents were behind us, but after a while, we lost them. So we kept on going. We were approaching one of the last corners of the trip, and my friend in the back seat screams, "DRIFT IT! DRIFT IT!" And so I go through the corner giving it gas, and there it went. It got sideways for a second or two. That was my first rear wheel drive drift. After that, I had no other intention but to have an 86. 1 month later, I had bought the car from my friend. I drove the car around for about 8 months. I did some stuff to it, but in the end, it all went down. The engine blew. I sold it to Nelvis. And 7 months after that it's mine again. Thanks for reading another of my long *** stories. And now the list of cars I've had.....

1. 1997 Honda Accord LX 5 speed - sold
2. 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 (AE86) - rod knock
3. 1986 Toyota Supra MKIII NA 5 speed - blown head gasket (go figure)
4. 1988 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si with a B21 swap - wrecked
5. 1988 Nissan Pickup - caught on fire
6. 1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3 V6 - sold
7. 1991 Honda CRX - left it in Tennessee (LMAO!)
8. 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 - back with daddy!

ive been into getting cars sideways for a long long time. hhhmmm...75 mercedes benz whenever it rained or snowed..91 F350 daulie Crew Cab...85 325, 87 325, 90 s13 hatch, 86 ae86,87 ae86 most of these cars werent mine. except for the truck and the benz. i love driving. and driving in turns or sideways has always added so much more to it...i started to get into drifting in about 99 but never had the proper car. last year i worked at a auto parts recycler as the guy who writes up the cars as they came in....so a 87 blue 86 coupe came in as a donation......found the key inside. found a battery that would fit and it fired right up....i didnt care about the fenders or the doors being rusted it ran perfect and i could drift the piss out of it (which i did in the parking lot for three weeks)well turns out the rear strut towers were rusted through. any serious bump and who knows what the rear end would do. so i decide to give in and let it go into the yard. i was gonna take the full drive train out for a sr5 shell. after a half hour in the yard the rear was gone.( i'm friends with guy who has it now)
so a few weeks later i have a chance to buy a 86 911. i though how cool would that be a drift car that girls would dig and i could feel big time. well the 911 my boss wanted and ****ed me over for so that didnt happen. now it just sits in front of my friends house. who knows what will happen with it. which really sucks now that i work at a Porsche Race shop(by the way i drove a 600hp twin turbo 911 wednesday) so a 87 RX7 base model comes in. i find a key in the glove box even though it was a it was an impound. how lucky. to be continued.

that sounds like when i bought my 86... i brought it down from orlando and my buddy in his mustang was behind me and when i got off the interstate. well, apparently i oversaw in my xcitement that my tires were almost as flat as florida... and the road was soaking wet from the rain... well, as im taking off from the green light, i start to turn and shift into 2nd, next thing i knew, i started facing the sidewalk... yea unsuspectingly, i went sideways.. i caught it and went str8, my buddy was all excited, and since then i saw it as a sign... i love my car

i needed to carry a battery like 300 ft so i picked a nice small honda one(its still in the car today) and it started up and ran fine. for like a week. my friend did some research on rotary problems. and found out it was just flooded which i have to manually unflood it. did that and new plugs and its been running ever since. only modification ive done to it was a week ago...A GTU lsd that i got for $25. and i only had to run from the cops in it twice but thats for another time.

i was looking around for my first car, searching auto trader u kno all those hard to get supras, fd's, i wanted somthing a step above a honda cause ive never seen a nice honda around here i bumped into a 240 in the autotrader put the search on kazaa and was expecting to see a drag vid but instead saw drifting, i looked it up and went to drifting.com for a while and b4 u kno it i found a 240sx in autotrader for 1,400 granted i paid a lil high for it but i got an experience out of it, and its only been recently that i have started drifting cause of the condition of my car has improved

got my e30 Didnt care for it @ all. Then i met rwdrift ( erik ). Dont really remember how. We started talking and i found out that there was a aftermarket scene for e30's. I was already into drifting @ the time. Then i hop up the e30 and never looked back. E30's stock for stock can keep up with most of the cars that you guys buy.

I bought my 91 240sx as my first car summer 2004 from my brother. I've always wanted a 240sx or mkiii supra as my first car since i was about 14. My brother bought his 2000 Subaru 2.5RS brand new and he got me into rally racing and then he used to get option videotapes which has alot of drifting. I was working and saving up for a 240sx and my brother said he will sell me his. He had it sitting at his friend's house for about a year. I bought it and brought it home. I cleaned it up and painted it. Drove it while I went to school and worked. My brother had his his subaru and all his hondas. Then after 9 months of owning the car the motor blew. I knew it was gonna go sooner or later. The timing jumped and a rod broke through the block. Now I had no car so I bought my other brother's 89 N13 pulsar because he was buying an integra. So now I drive that as my daily so I can work and go to school. In the mean time I pulled out the KA and sold what I can from it. Now I have my sr swap. I already prepared it to be put in. I just have to pressure clean the engine bay and paint it. I'm trying to get it back running at da end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom