Help me spend a Sh!tload of money!

Kenrik

Driver
$4500 is the cap.. I want to make my car reliable while upgrading it.

list of things I want...

a Rebuilt/remanufacured SOHC KA..

Advice? sources for parts? shops for rebuild? etc.. let me hear it and give prices

Catback Exhaust.. no Rice cannons.. ($250-300 range)

Streetable Clutch capable of holding 275HP.. ??

Coilovers... Ksport? Tein Basic? what?

Sideskirts..

Paint atleast $1000 goes here...

I already made my own list.. I want to know what YOU would buy in these catagories/how you would spend the $$

You won't get a full rebuild or rebuilt sohc. Parts for it and a place will be a hard thing to find most likely. Although I'm sure any engine rebuilding place can do it, but they tend to charge $$$.

Clutch, ebay, XTD stage 3, can't beat it for the price.

Coilovers - Megan Racing. don't go with anything else unless it's Silkroads or the new coilovers that Enjuku is running on their cars.

Most likely any catback exhaust is gonna be a rice cannon on N/A SOHC KA lol.. I would leave it stock, or run a 2.5'' piping to dual tip flowmaster and keep the stock look as much as possible. Leave your catalytic.

Paint is fun.

tanabe makes quiet exhausts and since you have 4500 to spend get that. Or spend $4500 on a car with all that crap already in it. Also, why single cam?

green_machine said:
tanabe makes quiet exhausts and since you have 4500 to spend get that. Or spend $4500 on a car with all that crap already in it. Also, why single cam?

I know someone selling a hatchback with a blacktop sr20det, bonestock besides BOV and fmic for 4k$. just buy that!!

dan said:
I know someone selling a hatchback with a blacktop sr20det, bonestock besides BOV and fmic for 4k$. just buy that!!

This was my dads car... I have to fix it up it's all sentimental and ****.

spend it wisely

just buy an sr20 and put some coil overs on your car and some rims
u'll be happy
or put a 97 ka....de that is wit a turbo & blow some srs the possabilities r limitless
remember patience is a virtue

^ the sideskirts are not required but the car does have to be painted, BC/CC

j0nes said:
yea with dan the cluth always seems to outlast the car.

haha that's not very hard... :D

I just got back from Drag international... They are completely out of Esss aaarrrsss and they are not getting any in for a few weeks... $2500 for a S13 Redtop... just the engine.. not even a front clip.

Fuxk that sh!t!

I guess that makes my mind up not to get a ricer motor...

Kenrik said:
I just got back from Drag international... They are completely out of Esss aaarrrsss and they are not getting any in for a few weeks... $2500 for a S13 Redtop... just the engine.. not even a front clip.

Fuxk that sh!t!

lol..... not get a ricer motor, so just keep with the original plans to rebuild the SOHC KA?

^ yeah if I can find someone that I can trust to do it right...

I asked my mechanic who owns a shop and knows more about cars/engines then anyone I have ever met (family friend, we never actually use him so I know he's not BSing me..) And he said that he does not know of any shop that you can trust locally to rebuild a motor and do it right.. He made a few calls to other shops he works with and they were all having trouble naming anyone who could do a quality rebuild in south florida...

:( Fuxk

Oh yeah Drag International charges $2000 + parts to rebuild a KA...

WTF?

Kenrik said:
This was my dads car... I have to fix it up it's all sentimental and ****.

if you want it to be sentimental. make it as close to a REAL 180sx as you can. he would have wanted it this way :laugh:

kwkouki said:
if you want it to be sentimental. make it as close to a REAL 180sx as you can. he would have wanted it this way :laugh:

It's a coupe dumb @ss...

Check this out though...

rhinoengines.com

KA24E

3 year 100k mile warranty... if the engine blows up in that time then they will ship you out a new one the next day...

Cost: $1990, $240 core.

That sounds like a pretty sweet warranty...

Kenrik said:

Dude, get off the SR = rice trip. We're all the ricers of motorsports to most race car drivers, I hope you realize that.

dori dori said:
Dude, get off the SR = rice trip. We're all the ricers of motorsports to most race car drivers, I hope you realize that.

Dude it was a joke... don't take it on.

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom