Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France

Its easy to be a good driver when your the Founder of DC shoes and have more money then you know what to do with so you blow it all on track time!

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/09/17/frank-sprongl-weighs-in-on-travis-pastranas-mt-washington-auto/

These are all just celebrities, corporations, and their advertising tactics. Its still impressive, its still cool, fun, etc but the nut swinging is ridic.

All I saw was a bitter old man with a big ego and a bunch of people whining about him driving an Audi when they were rally bred back then. Is it truly Travis' fault for using a co-driver to be more efficient? I say no.

Rally hasn't changed. They talk about how technology has advanced, that doesn't have an effect on horsepower and driver ability. Everyone thinks they know whats right, when Frank Sprongl just did it wrong originally.

You contradict yourself. If he did it "wrong" originally (even though there were factors playing against him he had no control over - such as much more dirt), then why do you see Pastrana breaking the record as some sort of accomplishment? Like I said, its still impressive but comparing it to the old record is completely pointless.

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

Rally hasn't changed. They talk about how technology has advanced, that doesn't have an effect on horsepower and driver ability.

No god damn way in hell.

All I saw was a bitter old man with a big ego and a bunch of people whining about him driving an Audi when they were rally bred back then. Is it truly Travis' fault for using a co-driver to be more efficient? I say no.

Rally hasn't changed. They talk about how technology has advanced, that doesn't have an effect on horsepower and driver ability. Everyone thinks they know whats right, when Frank Sprongl just did it wrong originally.

you do realize that in most hill climbs they do not use co-drivers...?

Actually its in the pikes peak rulebook, no one other than the driver is alowed in a vehicle except for for the sidecar motorcycle class

A couple days behind but thanks for the video MarkIII! Takes some serious balls to kill it like that with nothing between him and a long fall off the side of the road...

Back
Top Bottom