Gymkhana THREE, Part 2; Ultimate Playground; l'Autodrome, France

Wayyyyy too many doughnuts. He did hit the wall though, that was pretty cool.

what does this mean? its Ken Block's first year in wrc... but i still can understand what the hell you were trying to say.

I'm saying he's a good driver in 100% any form/condition and any challenge you put him it. he just for some reason hasn't done good in wrc

and he makes the same face as me when I hit shit lol

I think just about anyone on this forum could go for amateur WRC but its all about being noticed and knowing the right people. I definitely think I'd be up for the task, be we damn well don't have a rally course in south Florida....or any where in Florida for that matter.

And lol@ all the people that have told me Subaru dropped out of rally just because they read Ken is driving a Fiesta now. Ken's just stupid enough to take the few extra dollars to drive a rally catastrophe.

In addition, Travis Pastrana will always be a better rally driver. That is all.

I think just about anyone on this forum could go for amateur WRC but its all about being noticed and knowing the right people. I definitely think I'd be up for the task, be we damn well don't have a rally course in south Florida....or any where in Florida for that matter.

And lol@ all the people that have told me Subaru dropped out of rally just because they read Ken is driving a Fiesta now. Ken's just stupid enough to take the few extra dollars to drive a rally catastrophe.

they have a school that teaches rally in FL if you think youre ballin like that and wanna see how bad of a driver you really are lol

driversearch.jpg

http://www.gorally.com/erssite/html/rally.html

he's a great driver until you take a look at this... http://wrc.com/results/ but still a great driver...

Actually, he hasn't done that many rallies this year, and he has done FAR better than I expected. He also has a humble attitude about the sport and respect for the guys on top. Much respect to Ken Block

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 PM ----------

For a moment I thought maybe you were just trying to be funny, but it hit me that you're actually prolly being serious.

Nearly NO ONE on this forum has the balls to push a car to the absolute limit on dirt, sideways at 100+ with TREES 10ft from the car ready to kill you. Most of the people on here would get absolutely STOMPED in ANY lower WRC class, or even local rallies across europe.

Subaru leaving cause of Ken??? Subaru Left WRC before Ken got popular, he switched to Ford most likely to have a relevant car to the sport. He also drives a Focus in WRC so that surely has a connection.

And Travis Pastrana??? Shit, now I wrote all that and realize you really WERE joking all along.....

i wonder if the crew knew ken was going to blow out his tires like a cheap rubber and donut the fuck out of the bare Wheels ( cool sparks though).....the car looks fucking sick though. Solid ass setup and he is a really good driver.

For a moment I thought maybe you were just trying to be funny, but it hit me that you're actually prolly being serious.

Nearly NO ONE on this forum has the balls to push a car to the absolute limit on dirt, sideways at 100+ with TREES 10ft from the car ready to kill you. Most of the people on here would get absolutely STOMPED in ANY lower WRC class, or even local rallies across europe.

Subaru leaving cause of Ken??? Subaru Left WRC before Ken got popular, he switched to Ford most likely to have a relevant car to the sport. He also drives a Focus in WRC so that surely has a connection.

And Travis Pastrana??? Shit, now I wrote all that and realize you really WERE joking all along.....

About Travis Pastrana, I've been over this with many people. Travis has many consecutive championships even many rookie of the year awards. I mean he even won his very first championship and that was while Collin McRae was still alive and competing with Travis.

http://www.rally-america.com/champ_standings2.php?&Endo=1&Class=0&Champ=0

And when did I ever say Subaru left because of Ken? I said people were trying to tell me Ken went to Ford because Subaru dropped out of rally.

And finally, if I had the opportunity to join an amateur rally league, I would DEFINITELY be willing to race, but not travel very far, which is the problem. Because without a doubt any Florida rally course is in northern Florida or even in the pan handle. If you're scared to drive, you shouldn't be behind the wheel period.

About Travis Pastrana, I've been over this with many people. Travis has many consecutive championships even many rookie of the year awards. I mean he even won his very first championship and that was while Collin McRae was still alive and competing with Travis.

http://www.rally-america.com/champ_standings2.php?&Endo=1&Class=0&Champ=0

And when did I ever say Subaru left because of Ken? I said people were trying to tell me Ken went to Ford because Subaru dropped out of rally.

And finally, if I had the opportunity to join an amateur rally league, I would DEFINITELY be willing to race, but not travel very far, which is the problem. Because without a doubt any Florida rally course is in northern Florida or even in the pan handle. If you're scared to drive, you shouldn't be behind the wheel period.

It's not about being scared of driving, just like Kimi said in a rare interview since he went WRC, anyone can push to the limit on a circuit with safe runoff area and padded barriers etc etc. To rally at the limit only feet from trees and cliffs that have often KILLED both co-driver and driver... THAT takes balls.

And Block is absolutely a better driver because he is actually being COMPETITIVE in WRC!! Pastrana had a try at PWRC like 3-4 years ago and he was getting his ass handed to him by drivers no-one had heard of.

And don't talk to me about rallyamerica and McRae's involvement. McRae was involved only to promote the DiRT game (Colin McRae rally4 it's called in europe) and he absolutely DOMINATED Pastrana in the one event where they competed against each other directly, up until the stadium section where he had a HUGE jump, landed, sideways, ROLLED the car, revving the engine while the car was still rolling and dropped the clutch when the tires touched the ground and STILL only finished a few seconds behind Pastrana!!

Too bad the stadium section was given like 3x the points from the forest section where McRae owned Travis.

Travis is a capable driver no doubt, but not Block caliber. And he pretty much pissed me off in one rally where he trashed the car a few feet from the finish and was like "whoohooo yea, baby etc etc"

I'm like um you just destroyed the hard work of a whole team you dick, you should be apologizing on the radio to the team. A little humility wouldn't hurt. Even more reason why I like Block and his attitude toward the WRC.

Nuff said?

It's not about being scared of driving, just like Kimi said in a rare interview since he went WRC, anyone can push to the limit on a circuit with safe runoff area and padded barriers etc etc. To rally at the limit only feet from trees and cliffs that have often KILLED both co-driver and driver... THAT takes balls.

And Block is absolutely a better driver because he is actually being COMPETITIVE in WRC!! Pastrana had a try at PWRC like 3-4 years ago and he was getting his ass handed to him by drivers no-one had heard of.

And don't talk to me about rallyamerica and McRae's involvement. McRae was involved only to promote the DiRT game (Colin McRae rally4 it's called in europe) and he absolutely DOMINATED Pastrana in the one event where they competed against each other directly, up until the stadium section where he had a HUGE jump, landed, sideways, ROLLED the car, revving the engine while the car was still rolling and dropped the clutch when the tires touched the ground and STILL only finished a few seconds behind Pastrana!!

Too bad the stadium section was given like 3x the points from the forest section where McRae owned Travis.

Travis is a capable driver no doubt, but not Block caliber. And he pretty much pissed me off in one rally where he trashed the car a few feet from the finish and was like "whoohooo yea, baby etc etc"

I'm like um you just destroyed the hard work of a whole team you dick, you should be apologizing on the radio to the team. A little humility wouldn't hurt. Even more reason why I like Block and his attitude toward the WRC.

Nuff said?

If someone gave me a chance to drive up Pikes peak in something like an Evo, I wouldn't even hesitate.

And the event you're referring to with Travis and Colin was the X-Games a couple years back. I remember it vaguely but I'm not sure if Travis even won that, but like I said I remember it vaguely.

I just know with everything I've read and seen with my own eyes, Travis has proven his worth in rally. Only thing that confuses me is that he's supposedly only a part-time Moto-x rider, yet he's made it father in that sport in my opinion. Not competitive-wise, but just by making a statement and making his presence known.

And Travis is a good sport about everything, if he crashes a car, he's going to try and make the best of it rather than act pissed and make everyone else feel down. Without a doubt, later that day he apologized for that.

Also, since we're on the topic of rally in general, Dave Mirra has been getting a lot of publicity with Subaru, I'm guessing since he's working with them, he's not in the WRC.

Well I think Pastrana started off as a motocross rider actually. And funny about Mirra, he was a freestyle BMX rider when I was like 15, I actually built the exact same spec bike as his 1997 X games Haro and still have the thing to this day... then like a year ago I see he's doing rally now....

BTW I would do pikes peak too, probably even forest rallies, but it takes a certain trust in the safety of the car and a huge dose of confidence to drive and not always think of how easy it would be to have a huge crash

travis pastrana is considered one of the best free style moto crossers EVER... and in that rally accident, he did appologize... after he made sure his co driver was ok he was like wooo that was one helluva ride... but back behind the scenes he did apologize...i think travis has a very blunt, out there type sense of humor so you kinda have to get it or you prolly wont like him.. i think he is hilarious on nitro circus and what not... but i dont know the guy either so i say from what i see....

Conveniently since we were talking about Travis, speedhunters posted a video of a hill climb he did.

Breaking records all the time apparently.

Last edited by a moderator:

have u seen markham park on google earth it looks like fun if no one was there :driving:

YEAH MAN did you see how many red bull stickers there where in that video?! its like hes in some sort of deal with them where they pay for his stuff as he does well in...well life.

Back
Top Bottom