Florida Pro Drifting Championship Qualifier Dec 13th, 2008

crashin is fun...

and driving hungover is the only way to drive...
i will be there hanging out drunk and probably yelling at most of u

any pics of the track?

YouTube - OSW 1/08

video son. exterior shots at 1:54 and 2:46

kinda sucky- i was trying to learn 360s that day, they turned out meh, but you get to see the track. i was also doing the apron in 3rd- so the rpms are low, you can do it in 2nd but then your like redline. surface is so smooth tho.

Last edited:
YouTube - OSW 1/08

video son. exterior shots at 1:54 and 2:46

kinda sucky- i was trying to learn 360s that day, they turned out meh, but you get to see the track. i was also doing the apron in 3rd- so the rpms are low, you can do it in 2nd but then your like redline. surface is so smooth tho.
Oh man, that was the day I got kicked out for being drunk. hahaha.

and no, I wasnt driving. hahaha.

track is super smooth and lots of fun on the bank, apron is huge too. Im gonna try to make it if i can find money to replace my turbo by then.

if we already qualified but want seat time in an actual drift car and not a 'stock' red rx7 - do we pay the $100 and run practice? not that my car will be done or anything - im just wondering

^^^
Actually, Harri and the track officials held the drivers meeting at Drift Night 13.
During that meeting they announced that this will be a double event.
Right after the qualifier and announcements are done; the track will be having another Drift Night.
This time it will only cost $30.(1/2 price)

So $130 you can drift day and night!

Only the last 2 or 3 hours of Ter-Tech's event is actually qualifying, the rest is practice for all.
So, license or not, we could all use practice on one of the series stops!

if we already qualified but want seat time in an actual drift car and not a 'stock' red rx7 - do we pay the $100 and run practice? not that my car will be done or anything - im just wondering

The way we have it set up is that after the event they have regular drift night from like 6:30 pm till 10pm for 30$ during qualifying its going to be the same as usual $100, but if we finish early from qualifying then the track for the drift night is obviously longer. We desided to go this route since it will be easier to control and separate qualifyers from practice drivers.

I know we need a 5lb fire extinguisher mounted in the car. Does 5lbs mean the wieght of the entire thing(can and material) or just material. I seen some at Advanced auto that seem like 5lb but say net weight 36 oz.

Back
Top Bottom