Florida Drifting isn't going anywhere.

11411659894_d8a005ee55_b.jpg

For the people that follow CCM and are not from Florida, you guys might be unaware that Countyline Dragway (Local track in Miami,FL which is home to all the Drifters in South Florida) has a bleak future at the moment. This news coming just a few weeks after hearing that CFRC (Local track located in Orlando,FL. Patrick Goodin, and Jeremy Lowe’s home track) are closing their doors at the end of the year. Two of the most important tracks in Florida are leaving us.

11411696596_8201f09094_b.jpg

Once word got out of this my news feed on Facebook got bombarded by “Florida Drifting is Dead”. Honestly, I even felt a bit discouraged. Countyline is where my love for photography came from, and developed. It was my spot to experiment and grow. Not only that, but Countyline is where like many others, I found out who I was as a person.

11411688695_ff05638f18_b.jpg

I mean it’s odd how different I felt than most people that didn’t enjoy anything automotive wise. It almost like our conversations wouldn’t quite click that same. I am a “car guy”. Whenever I meet someone new I want to know what they drive and am normally disappointed at the “it’s fuel economic” answer. Also I find myself constantly thinking of how I could improve my car photos. Whenever I am stressed or need to think, I go for a nice long drive with the radio off.

11411810533_2eebd8af01_b.jpg

I know for a fact CFRC and Countyline has done the same for many others and even thou they are leaving us, they left behind a large group of people that want to drift and will not let their closing destroy drifting in Florida.

11411674784_74345e9991_b.jpg

Drifting in Florida is not dead and it will never been dead unless we let it happen.

11411803173_c369b5c158_b.jpg

“Really, its very upsetting to see all of these “oh man Florida drifting died” the main focus is wrong. We are still here. The cars are still here. We just need to find a new spot and continue moving on. Seasons change, the world rotate and tracks close. Remember hialeah speedway? Remember we moved from that to Countyline and we shall do the same soon enough with another track to call home. The possibilities are endless, we might even find a spot so dope it makes Countyline look like poop. But on the real. It’s not like our cars were turned into chevy cobalts (no disrespect to chevy) we are the scene we create. To be honest if two tracks coming to a close were to really kill the florida drift scene, then we would be a super weak scene. So hold your heads up chums, its not time for “oh mans” its more “Oh shit we actually have a chance to make things better and change it” thats just how I see it. We only lost if we give up so soon.” – Shane Prescod from myculture clothing

11411639185_06f4ba44df_b.jpg

Right now this is the perfect time to become more active in the scene.

11412868773_39d9904d0e_b.jpg

Better see all your faces at this event.

- http://cultureclashmedia.com/

-http://facebook.com/cultureclashmedia

Also, expect some photos from this past event to be posted here

i wonder where to next??? i only got to drive on 2 skidpads at countyline,i was bummed but this thread gives hope.

CFRC would not be either of J-Lowe or P.Goodins home track. J-Lowe lives like 15 minutes from desoto (where he started drifting first) and Pat started at OSW.

CFRC is just the most recent/popular place they drove. just a btw.

CFRC would not be either of J-Lowe or P.Goodins home track. J-Lowe lives like 15 minutes from desoto (where he started drifting first) and Pat started at OSW.

Yeah I worded that wrong. I guess I meant it more in a way that they would drive that track a bunch.

Oh man, you should be hit with a chair :chair:

Yeah Im pretty dissapointed with the closing of both tracks. I wanted to drive as much as I could at both tracks when I move back to florida. It was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to.

I hope we can get something else going soon. I would hate to see the florida drift scene wither and die without a fight. I know we are going back to OSW in central florida but south florida needs a regular venue. If people can't drive its going to be like it was in 05/06 after HSW closed. That was really lame and I don't want to see that again.

Yeah Im pretty dissapointed with the closing of both tracks. I wanted to drive as much as I could at both tracks when I move back to florida. It was one of the biggest things I was looking forward to.

I hope we can get something else going soon. I would hate to see the florida drift scene wither and die without a fight. I know we are going back to OSW in central florida but south florida needs a regular venue. If people can't drive its going to be like it was in 05/06 after HSW closed. That was really lame and I don't want to see that again.

Well in theory countyline isn't actually dead. There is going to be a city meeting or something along those lines and Chris Jackson would like for most of the people of countyline to go including drag racers to show there support. That meeting (date hasnt been released yet) will decided countyline. Also seems like Harri is trying to talk to PBIR (which isn't easy because apparently people either quit or get fired a lot there) about drifting there again.

Try and post the date of the meeting whenever it's figured out, I'll try and make it out.

---------- Post added at 09:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Hopefully we get the kart track at PBIR ;)

Oh man, you should be hit with a chair :chair:

uh ok?

bring it on or something. and something something gay something something your mother, eat it, suckaaaaa.

or i dont get all nuts on the internetz and dont know why you insist on reforming my skull with a foldable leg resting apparatus.:gayfight:

uh ok?

bring it on or something. and something something gay something something your mother, eat it, suckaaaaa.

or i dont get all nuts on the internetz and dont know why you insist on reforming my skull with a foldable leg resting apparatus.:gayfight:

Come on Jason, you know and I know he used Pat and Jeremy names just because they are drivers people will know and recognize. Plus it was the track they have been currently attending so it wasn't complete misinformation.
But you always have to be an ass and make posts with smartass comments or correcting people.

I'm not angry and have no type "internetz" rage just making comments on your posts. Pointless argument though because anything I say isn't going to change the way you think or even matter to you so ill just continue to post :chair: after posts you make and that I think are ridiculous.

PBIR just changed all the staff and track manager. Again. I would like to run the big track there, plus it's right down the road from me.

Back
Top Bottom