Fast & Furious 3...What will it do for Drifting?

Three5oZee

Driver
....Here's my curiosity...will this movie ruin it for us drifters....or take it to an all new level? I would hate to see them make drifting look like some under rated street racing....I have heard that the reason they are doing it in Japan is because they can go faster without speed guidlines for making movies......stating that there were too many regulations preventing the real rush of street racing so they were unable to make the scenes the director desired.... lets hope they show the real drifting...up on the mountain roads going up, and comeing down.

I want them to take drifting to the level of NASCAR respect here in the US. I see that day coming, its just a matter of time........

J

Comments anyone?

I agree with you. I'd love to see drifting be known. Not me go up to people and tell them i drift and them be like... huh? I think its going to do more damage tho. not so much because of street racing but because after the movies a bunch of wanna be's are going to jump in their cars and try to start drifting it on the streets without having any idea of what they are doing. More accidents, more hassles by the cops, etc.

like nascar....never, u ever been to a nascar event, cuz i have.......::dips head:: theyre crazy people. i hope this movie catches fire before it comes out, do u want some kid telling u what to do with your car, nothing worse, **** that ****

Well we my team were called to do a few scenes that they did down here in Miami as BG peeps....but yeah that is one of the main reasons why they did most of the movies Overseas.....And how much damage it'll do to the scene......Lets just say this I was here before the movie ever came out for the record....lol....I also think that it will hit us hard at the beginning becuase everyone will want to drift any car that they have but after a while if it dies down or not it will open up eyes to people who likes throwing drifting events and bring a few down here since they see that there is a frenzy down here ( Ka-CHINNN$$$$$$$$$$$$$) So that part I thinhk well benefit us.......

When that movie come out, look out for sure. A lot of wannabes and cops following us to meets or home to brother us about something stupid like a bad bulb on taillamps. Samething happen the last time it came out. Also look for some rich kids to start buying those RWD cars. (used & new )

ok ya'll have seen me into this WAY before the movie. just wanted to put that out there. but this will probaly ruin my search a 98 5spd in the upcoming months. DAMN U MOVIE COMPANIES!!!!

I DON'T LIKE THAT WHOLE MAKING A MOVIE ABOUT DRIFTING THING. I MUCH RATHER KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS, UNDERGROUND. IN MY OPINION I WOULD HATE FOR 240SX'S TO BECOME THE NEXT HONDA CIVIC. JUST THE TOUGHT OF IT, WOULD MAKE ME GET ANOTHER CAR. I WOULDN'T MIND IF IT GROWS ENOUGH TO HAVE MORE TRACKS OUT THERE AND MAYBE MORE AFTERMARKET SUPPORT(I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT EURO-TAILLIGHTS AND THAT SORT OF CRAP) I AM TALKING ABOUT PERFORMANCE PARTS AND GENUINE JAPANESE PARTS. IN OTHER WORDS THE MORE HYPE IT GETS THE MORE RICE IS GOING TO GET. :mad:

damn i hope that the movie doesnt turn drifting into some rice-a-roni sh!t cause i will just not want to drift if eveyone one and there mother is doing it... as it is you guys have seen it already how many dumb questions and coments there are being posted, like whats the best car to drift, and just stupid questions!!!! damnit i will hang my self if that movie comes out and there is drifting in it!!! DONT PUT DRIFTING IN THE MOIVE!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH

ive seen a video of them making the movie....it might be on streetfire.net....it had an old mustang and a 350z drifting down an mountain....the guy is taping it from very far away...the 350z kept spinning out when he tried to drift....i also read that they payed Keiichi Tsuchiya alot of money to help make it....and most of the money was used for the cars rather than the actors....the actors are real drifters instead of famous actors

should never be put out end of story. only way i see it benefitting me is the cost of parts and stuff may go down because of the huge interest, more companies might get into it, but in the end ALOT of cars will get ****ed up because of noobs. in more ways then just crashing them...

this movie is going to expose all of our secrets, and cops will hang around potential spots and be assholes about us driving thru to scope places out. i think this movie should be canceled, but i dont think that will happen tho. which really sux. and more parts coming out for 240's?? i dont think so, the good aftermarket companies already know what we do with our cars, and make parts accordingly, so thats not a benefit. i only see it as bad, the cops will make it an official offense, and more posers will get in there civics and start pulling e-brakes and crash. dont you guys who are for it think that drifting is already fun as it is, with more ppl doing it, it can only get worse. like no longer will the cop drive up and say "keep it down were having complaints" it will be "license and registration please." i kno that nobody wants that. just my 2cents that prbly wont stop the movie

Can U Imagine Some Rich Boy Coming Up To You Trying To Out Drift You With His Turbo Charged G35 While You Are In Your 89 240sx That It Took You 6 Months To Find And 8 Months To Get It Running Just Right, I Dont Know About You But I'll Be Somewhat "furious". I'm Already Upset Everytime A Honda Rev's His Bumble Bee Trapped In A Can(trust Me I Used To Be One Of Those) Or Some 15 Year Old Kid Comes Up On His Evo And His Drivers Permitt And Tells You You Wanna Race. I'll Tell Em Not Unless That Car Goes Sideways *****. I Know It Sounds Like I Got Alot To Say About This But Thats Because It's Really Annoying That Because Of Street Racers Anytime A Cop Sees A Muffler On A Car They Wanna Pull You Over.

TThis is a dead topic no good can ever come of something illegal(street- drifting) becoming exposed on a majorrelease like this movie.

Don't worry about the 240SX being the next Civic it already is.

Do a search on 240SX on e-Bay and you'll see how the 240SX scene has already been exposed to the ricers.

Once you have altezza tailights available for your car it's over.

Hey u know how you avoid getting screwed by the cops don't do it. Events and push for them. Do like me and tell everyone you know whos into it drifting to check out the site or Ter-Techs site, etc..... Theres always gonna be cops and believe me they know what drifting is. I've seen cops in bookstores in the car mag sections, I've been pulled over by undercover cops driving cars you wouldn't expect: Marauders, Maximas, G35! So don't flip out just don't be stupid on where and how you drift.

thats true, but its like our parents always tells us if you want to know who you are look at the people you hang around with...And im saying this not becuase of us drifting peeps but when you hang with other ccar clubs....in refernce of the muffler thing....I have had a car show car fully built for over three years now and never ever stopped becuase of my stikcers or my muffler or the height of my car and I have been riding with street stylez now known as Team rezurrection from the begnngin and we have over 50 members in the club and not one gets stopped for any stupid reason and thats becuase the cops know who we are and how we are......But this goes the opposite for other clubs becuase of everything they do....One thing the cops will get up on our asses after the movie unless we let them know who we are and how we do it.....before this movie comes out or else we will be one of the wanna bes in their eyes.....But ehn again I ahve a few cops in the club to back me up.......

Well ladies and gentlemen once again the underground race world will become exposed. Lets give a big hand for the idiots thats producing this next blockbuster bust. It makes me sick to my stomach listening to what there going to do in the movie. Hollywood should just stick to what they did in the past and make great movies not something that will sell on the street. I hate the idea that drifting is going to be in it. Yeah it would be cool to see it on the big screen however its the effect that its going cause is what im worried about. I can see it now every ricer mag will have drifting on it. Punk highschool kids are going to have mommy and daddy buy them a car and have all the works done. So while it takes us months even years to do to our cars will take them a matter of complaining. Now here is where it gets worse soon after people figure what drifting is there going to market it like if it was a new import model and like every newbie there going to be dumb enough to try it on the streets. Watch you'll see its going to be crazier accidents then the last two movies. Soon after meets will be extinct and anyone with a FR is going to be pulled over and hoods popped. I dont even know what to say the thought of Nissans,Toyotas, Mazdas and anything else FR going that route you might aswell call them " The New Civic.com " sucks huh?! The more Fame the more ricer its going to get. But not worry everyone for those of us who have Silvia's and anything else that can slide you know how hard and how long it took us to find right? So you know not everyone will get one. I can recall something that happend to me not to long ago I have a freind who owns a nissan however he's still in his ricer mentallity. He has a 05 Vspec and he always wants me to race him. He found out I have a Silvia and automatically issued a challenge. So I said one phrase that finally got him off my back..I said " Didnt anyone ever teach you 240's just dont Shift they Drift also" with that said he just got quiet. So if you know anyone who is on you like that just spread the words. Oh and one more thing if anyone can find me the script to 3blows3Furious let me know so I can take a big Dump and mail it to the director. Well lets prepare cause Drifting is endanger now!

yeah yo...thats true....my car has been down since april....so far the only time i been to a shop since i had the car was to get tires put on....ill be doing the sr20 swap and installing all my parts at home myself with my homeboy killakev....all them rich boys will never have to get dirty becuz some shop is going to do it all for them becuz they got their parents spending their money on it....oh well....whey yuh go do?

Last edited:
...well, i posted this message to make a valid point....its absolutely rediculus that they would do a movie about this, and i can understand why...money!...they know its a new thing here in the US and they know its a market growing, and all they see is money!

...its a sad day when that movie comes out...and you know what, im gonna see it....i really hope it doesnt break my heart!

someone touched on something in a previous message that made me pissed..and i totally agree,...........THERE IS NOTHING WORSTE THAN SEEING SUM DAMN RICH-KID DRIVING THE LATEST WHIP BOOSTING DOWN THE STREET TRYN TO RACE EVERYTHING THAT PULLS UP NEXT TO HIM.....GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

but you know what, its a c ycle...and we will have to just keep moving right through it....we know whos serious about this, and whos not.... im going to D1....im making a life of driftng.... im building a corporation out of it....this is my LIFE...!

J

I think drifting would be cool for everyone to see (the real thing- not hollywood), however, everyone and their mother is going to try it and eff up their cars. But thats gonna be the cool part. No one will want to drift after they smash their body kit into a telephone pole or a curb. They'll get a taste of it and f-up. It'll be over as quick as it started. The media is gonna eat it up and every accident with a 240 is gonna be called a "street drifting accident". As for all the rich kids getting g35's and drifting.... let them. we all probably started with crappy cars (no offense) or should I say cheap, underpowered cars (s13s/ hachi's) that allowed us to refine our skills untill we could get better engines/turbos/lsd's. Try learning to drift in a g35 or any high powered car and you'll probably kill yourself or severely break something.

drifting hasnt been underground for 2 years man.... I remember threads like these sprung up enmass 2 years ago but the really funny part was they were mostly the newbies who had never drifted or had never been to an event who were complaining about drifting was gonna be mainstream I mean face it drifting hasnt been underground for a while, I mean you have events popping up everywhere and coverage of all the FD and D1 events in many magazines drifting specials on speed vision, rides, car and driver, G4 etc and how is that underground . People who have been in the sport for a while just want to see it grow and get bigger and yes you are right this movie could be damaging to our image but right now you gotta belive that our image isnt all that great as it is right now. And well there is no such thing as bad publicty right. Plus what you guys are saying about all the little ricers pretending they drift and that kinda ****... If you havent noticed Its already like man! I mean come on at car shows now there is the "drift car LOOK" cars that are built as show cars to look like drift cars but their owners have no intention sliding the cars, its sad really but you know the movie is just going to intensify this but it wont be anything new

Back
Top Bottom