Effects of LSD

clutch kicking should help u out with that problem

like in mid drift? ive done that on my old clutch but im afraid to on my new clutch, cause i dont wanna destroy it lol, i try to avoid clutch kicking if i can =(

i used it for initiation a couple times in this vid tho... how bad is it for your clutch? (exedy oem)

and mike, i wanna watch the video really bad but my gay ass computer wont let it play smoothly. maybe tommarow my computer wont be PMSing

Those burnouts you did are much harder on your clutch than a clutch kick. If you got a new clutch, don't worry about it. It'll last through many clutch kicks.

your line is off, you want early entry you have to have a good line... also dont waste your time on doing the skidpad on a VLSD, they are not ment to do close ratio turns nor donuts.. my .02 cents....

like in mid drift? ive done that on my old clutch but im afraid to on my new clutch, cause i dont wanna destroy it lol, i try to avoid clutch kicking if i can =(

i used it for initiation a couple times in this vid tho... how bad is it for your clutch? (exedy oem)

and mike, i wanna watch the video really bad but my gay ass computer wont let it play smoothly. maybe tommarow my computer wont be PMSing

I got a exedy oem clutch and i torch it after 3 runs. I stoped clutch kicking and started using my e brake for entrys and just clutch kick to switch back corners. E brake will also help with less body roll on entrys but suspension is a must. Im rockin cut springs and it works better for drifting but it destroys your back on daily driving.

Those burnouts you did are much harder on your clutch than a clutch kick. If you got a new clutch, don't worry about it. It'll last through many clutch kicks.

are burnouts or popping the clutch to spin the wheels really harder on the clutch than a clutch kick? wtf? i never knew that

also, yes its new, and itl last through many clutch kicks, but many clutch kicks could be just one event

are burnouts or popping the clutch to spin the wheels really harder on the clutch than a clutch kick? wtf? i never knew that

also, yes its new, and itl last through many clutch kicks, but many clutch kicks could be just one event

Please tell me you broke in the clutch before doing the burnouts cause if you didnt your gonna run into the same problem as me where the shit just sucks hardcores cause it was abused before it was broken in.

your line is off, you want early entry you have to have a good line... also dont waste your time on doing the skidpad on a VLSD, they are not ment to do close ratio turns nor donuts.. my .02 cents....

ive never really seen the skidpad so idk what its like, but itd still like to try it when i get suspension, or if they ever do an event if it rained earlyer and is still wet

what would be a good line to take? for that first half of the video where im in that parking lot thats like an S on one side, its kinda hard to chose a line because other than the two hairpin turns, theres a lot of curbs and its pretty damn scary (which is why i never link the whole thing unless its wet)

im hoping sombody can help me learn how to figure out a good line at the next event i go to

Please tell me you broke in the clutch before doing the burnouts cause if you didnt your gonna run into the same problem as me where the shit just sucks hardcores cause it was abused before it was broken in.

the burnouts and all that footy was on monday (other than the parking lot, that was on friday), and my clutch has like 650 or 700 miles on it, so id say its broken in

the only thing ive done was i slid around a couple u turns one night when it had 250 miles, but i didnt clutch kick at all, i just kept it in 2nd gear and like weight transfered and powered over

then at like 450 miles i went above 3k a couple times, but didnt shift too hard

Last edited:
the real effect of LSD

trippy.jpg

Like my Hibino teammate mentioned clutch-kicks should be ok. I drifted on my oem clutch for awhile and as you probably know or have heard an 86 needs the clutch-kicks lol. Then I upgraded to a higher performance clutch and I had no problems doing multiple clutch-kick drift runs for about 15mins straight(you can imagine the abuse that can bring and the 86 took it like a champ :D), back when they had private days at Countyline. Some people who posted here actually were there.

PS I would advise asking people with a similar setup as you(car, clutch, driving styles, etc). Hope that helps a little :).

you wont learn anything from "reading here men"
Go out there when it rains and start practicing.
I learned most of what i know in the rain., you learn how to control better you car in the rain cus is so god damn slipery so when you atempt it on dry ill be tha same but youll have to push it a lil more....

try doing it in the rain and play with the ebrake and clutch kicking.....
if you really wana just watch some people to get ideas. watch drifitng videos like the drift bible and such just to get an idea of the whole thing.....

and get suspencion like coilovers like yesterday!!!!!!!

Bday the j30 has longer gears than the stock 240 diff. so it will feel a lil slugish and will feel underpowered on 3rd and such.... (did you use the 240 pumpkin or the j30 pumkin?

ive had

r32 =slow
j30= slow
s15 =weird... fast but locks weird
and the best one so far Super hicas s13. = fast and locks on 1st gear.
my j30 or r32 wouldnt lock on 1st. only past 1st......

and keep changing the fluid on the j30 every 2 or so events so it stays good. my friends j30 barelly locks now. it sucks.

you wont learn anything from "reading here men"
Go out there when it rains and start practicing.
I learned most of what i know in the rain., you learn how to control better you car in the rain cus is so god damn slipery so when you atempt it on dry ill be tha same but youll have to push it a lil more....

try doing it in the rain and play with the ebrake and clutch kicking.....
if you really wana just watch some people to get ideas. watch drifitng videos like the drift bible and such just to get an idea of the whole thing.....

and get suspencion like coilovers like yesterday!!!!!!!

Bday the j30 has longer gears than the stock 240 diff. so it will feel a lil slugish and will feel underpowered on 3rd and such.... (did you use the 240 pumpkin or the j30 pumkin?

ive had

r32 =slow
j30= slow
s15 =weird... fast but locks weird
and the best one so far Super hicas s13. = fast and locks on 1st gear.
my j30 or r32 wouldnt lock on 1st. only past 1st......

and keep changing the fluid on the j30 every 2 or so events so it stays good. my friends j30 barelly locks now. it sucks.

yeah obv i go out and practice and dont just read, otherwise how the hell woujld i have made that video

and yeah i noticed the gearing is different

doesnt feel as fast in a straight line, but the launch is way way better, but i notice sliding in second gear is a little different because i dont have as much power so its harder to keep a slide going

and yeah, i learned most of my "how to drift" at the warehouse cause its so damn slippery, and cause i got so much seat time compared to everything else

compare my first time going when i barley knew what i was doing

YouTube - 240sx Warehouse Drifting

to my second time after i tryed a little bit of different techniques and had a little more practice skreet sliding
YouTube - Warehouse Drifting 8-22 pt 2

notice how im way smoother, and hold my shit for way longer, and get better at linking and controlling my car

i was hoping to hit up the next countyline, but shit its coming up fast, and idk if ill have moeny for the event and drift spares (ill be 5 lug) by then

lol everyone was hating on me for wanting a VLSD and not a welded diff, but idc this is SO Much better than the open diff, and what people fail to realize is welded diff sucks for other motorsports besides drifting

No.

Many track cars run spools. Depends on conditions.

try that same corner in 3rd and initiate about 100 ft earlier. Then you can really see what your vlsd is like.

yeah and he will eat the curb.... he has a stock ka. how in hell u guna do that corner in 3nd......
lol

but yeah i sugest you pull money out of ur ass and go to countyline. then get someone to aid you in ur skills. ull learn 100x s more than in that warehouse.....
or on the street.

yeah obv i go out and practice and dont just read, otherwise how the hell woujld i have made that video

and yeah i noticed the gearing is different

doesnt feel as fast in a straight line, but the launch is way way better, but i notice sliding in second gear is a little different because i dont have as much power so its harder to keep a slide going

and yeah, i learned most of my "how to drift" at the warehouse cause its so damn slippery, and cause i got so much seat time compared to everything else

compare my first time going when i barley knew what i was doing

YouTube - 240sx Warehouse Drifting

to my second time after i tryed a little bit of different techniques and had a little more practice skreet sliding
YouTube - Warehouse Drifting 8-22 pt 2

notice how im way smoother, and hold my shit for way longer, and get better at linking and controlling my car

i was hoping to hit up the next countyline, but shit its coming up fast, and idk if ill have moeny for the event and drift spares (ill be 5 lug) by then
I am not trying to be a dick or anything but you still don't know what your doing. Most of this forum doesn't know what they are doing me being one of them. Don't get too cocky because that will then limit you. You will think you know better than anyone else and not listen to anyones advice. Honestly the warehouse doesn't teach you anything besides car control and it taught very little at that. Once your doing high second gear initiations and transitions trying to link the course you will realize that the warehouse doesn't teach very much. I am not knocking on you because I am just as much of a newb to drifting as you I am just trying to advise you not to get cocky. Hit up some asphalt and try initiating earlier.

Agreed with Tonymac. Plenty of other motorsports use spools/welded diffs(poor mans spool) and it isn't bad to daily drive.

alright bro nice footage. BUT that parking lot you were sliding in off Glades and ponderosa is really not a good spot to street slide .. back in the day me and my homeboys SpoolUpRacing crew use to slide there and trust me the people that live in those house's do not hesitate to call the cops , so if I were you I would go find another spot or better yet talk to me in pm's and i'll let you know where the more safer spots are at in the 561. But yea just keepin an eye out for you man .

lol everyone was hating on me for wanting a VLSD and not a welded diff, but idc this is SO Much better than the open diff, and what people fail to realize is welded diff sucks for other motorsports besides drifting

False. Plenty of roadrace cars run a full spool (machined chunk of metal instead of a differential), but it's usually not on tight courses, and I dont think I would ever want a locked diff for autocross.

... it just seems like a bitch for a daily driven car (in my opinion)

Definitely, it kills tires and wears out bushings and axles prematurely

Oh and as far as driving, it looks like you're doin ok, but to really get a handle on performance driving you need to go do some autocross driving. Preferably, faster courses where you really get to learn your cars dynamics.

Autocross events are cheaper than drifting, easier on your tires, and once you learn how to push your car to the absolute limit and still drive fast, then you will be a lot better at drifting and actually even enjoy it more.

Most important thing in performance driving/racing is being smooth and having a decent understanding of the physics happening while youre driving.

Last edited:
yeah and he will eat the curb.... he has a stock ka. how in hell u guna do that corner in 3nd......
lol

but yeah i sugest you pull money out of ur ass and go to countyline. then get someone to aid you in ur skills. ull learn 100x s more than in that warehouse.....
or on the street.

I have done 3rd gear drift in the dry at moroso in my stock 240sx vert's KA its possible bro

Back
Top Bottom