Drifting at Homestead

dude... we dont need 3 pit crew ppl for free. they can pay!

but everything else sounds good!!

keep us updated

i like that...can we get an arial view of the kart track? from what i remember last time i was there the kart tracks where in the parking lot right? i think a lot of people are misunderstanding that and think its the real big course inside.... i like the karting i dea.

your basically looking @ top of 2nd gear maybe 3rd. its the autox course from homestead if you have ever driven there.

Last edited:
I just want more track time. I'll drive the infield or the kart track. The kart track would remind me of the earlier years of D1, so that'll be cool :bigthumbu .

If by the Karting track you mean that shitty parking lot out front with trees and such.

Would never work for a drift event. been there seen it discussed it with them. To small, to dangerous.

this is the karting track.

as you can see there are dividers. those dividers have trees and such. If the space between them was bigger It would be safer but they are tight together.

If by the Karting track you mean that shitty parking lot out front with trees and such.
Yeah I dunno about that lot. I've auto-x'd there many times (although not in about 1/12 years) and I remeber it being really small. I don't think 3rd gear would even be an option. I also think it will cost alot more money to rent the track (the real one)... Either way if this works out count me in. Anything for more seat time :bigthumbu

Ive autoXed allot there too, and im not all too sure about 3rd gear but it can def be a 2nd gear technical course :bigthumbu

Welllll depending on a date of course, I think is is something Drift Star Syndicate would be able to attend. We're always willing to help our fellow drifters out too. I might even have my OWN car running then. Hhaha *cheap plug... check the want to buy... I need to trade halfshafts....* ANYWAY... We should be down.

PENGUIN MP AR said:
dude... we dont need 3 pit crew ppl for free. they can pay!

but everything else sounds good!!

keep us updated

sweet. you can pay for my pit crew in that case. :)

i just want to drift on tracks that are more than 5' wide and faster than low-mid 2nd gear.

not to crazy about the trees, but atleast theres no walls, no bank, and right now im at home in 2nd gear. Punta Gorda screwed with my head :lolhittin but even if you deside to keep it to the more advanced. As long as i can be apart hell i'l be cone boy. Even if i cant drive i can still watch and learn. Justin if you and your boy need a spot to crash lemme know i got two couches.

mikespeed95 said:
sweet. you can pay for my pit crew in that case. :)

i just want to drift on tracks that are more than 5' wide and faster than low-mid 2nd gear.

if us non formula D drivers need more then one pit crew person.. thats just being excessive..

but thats all "IF" this happens

I saw a link to this thread on floridadrift.com. Just wanted to add some info.

we had an event on the homestead course about 2 or 3 years ago.It was a driver search, pretty much open to anyone. It was awesome. The infield track is insane and id say most novice drivers would not do so well on it.Its def 3rd gear. BUt there is an awesome paddock area right outside the entrance to the infield that they set up a coned track on also. I would try and get that spot if possible. And if you could ge the infield too, I would make it so half the day is on the paddock and you have to qualify or somethng to run on the infield later in the day. and those who dont qualify can run on the coned course the rest of the day.

But if infield is not an option, try and get the paddock area. im gonna see if i can find some pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom