drift spot

Humans are stupid and telling everyone even non members about a free for all open drift spot....i can see it going wrong pretty soon.

you dont need to come.

and updating first post now

[ame="http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=26.087039,-80.122283&spn=0.003874,0.004823&t=h&z=18"]Google Maps[/ame]

2850 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL

Last edited:
Thanks. Looks like everyone wants to come help setup and make lines and cones etc.

Yes to security but ill have that all under control. I like them there because that means public can't mess with us and cops can't do a thing. There will be no chance of any trouble. And security will let you all in when you say your with the paving company.

When they start paving i guess we can all meet each other at dinner or something and talk everything over how all of you guys want to organize it.

Since this is being provided by me ill have the final word but I don't really give two shits about how everyone wants to have fun. W.e. floats your boat. And I don't have enough money to be there 24/7 for two months so I don't care what goes on when I'm not there. so if some people want to set a date when only pros use it. Or only noobs to not feel pressured or scared. Or friends etc. I have no problem with that.

I would like to have a dinner or meeting with a large group of drivers who think they will use it just to meet most of you guys.

im excited and I don't even have a set time yet. It's gonna be sick :bigthumbu

you dont need to come.

and updating first post now

Google Maps

2850 Eisenhower Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL

ummm hate to rain on your parade, but I actually work in the port. I highly doubt that Port Everglades Association and Royal Caribbean let this paving company to let you hold a drift event on the employee parking lot. Who the hell knows, maybe you know someone who knows someone high up but I really dont think anyone will be drifting that parking lot anytime soon.

Believe me, i drive by that lot every day and wonder how much fun everyone can have in there. I can look out my office window right now and see that lot, sooo tempting. haha

Parade officially rained on...

no, not officially. I know the port let honda hold a little event for invite only people to test drive the CR-Z last year, but that was before Royal Caribbean started to official use that dock space and get parking lots made for customer/employee. Ever since last december when they launched the Oasis of the Seas and now Allure of the seas.

Im sure R.C. is just renting the lot just like we rent our office and parking spots here. but right now... its R.C's you know.

btw, i drove by it alittle bit ago and recoreded a video for you guys to see what im talking about.

When it first starts im right infront of the royal caribbean terminal where the oasis of the seas and allure of the seas dock. Once i pass the fancy looking metal gate you see a normal fence (after i make the turn to the right). you will see the parking lot vagely that hes talking about, its got a truck scale etc on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called Carlos and its not royal caribbean that's paying for the paving. It's the maintenance company that the port sisters with so they don't need to worry about maintaining everything.
With that said I think its even better because R.C. if they are renting it can't say anything because its port property. The port can't say anything cuz its the maintenance responsibility. And they can't say anything because they waived rights of ownership to the paving company....this imo keeps getting more air tight.

And greddy, do you know the last company that setup the parking lots? I've been trying to contact them to find out why they stopped doing business there and to get a rough number of how much this new company will make to kind of pressure them to do it already.

I called Carlos and its not royal caribbean that's paying for the paving. It's the maintenance company that the port sisters with so they don't need to worry about maintaining everything.
With that said I think its even better because R.C. if they are renting it can't say anything because its port property. The port can't say anything cuz its the maintenance responsibility. And they can't say anything because they waived rights of ownership to the paving company....this imo keeps getting more air tight.

And greddy, do you know the last company that setup the parking lots? I've been trying to contact them to find out why they stopped doing business there and to get a rough number of how much this new company will make to kind of pressure them to do it already.

do what you must, but... i dont see this happening, not anytime soon atleast. I am in no means trying to be an asshole, just a realist. Im sure Honda paid a ton of money to the county to use the lot so people could test drive the CR-Z's.

I have a feeling that it will get shut down quickly even if you get it going. Noise ordinaces and zoning laws will possibly kill it. Not to mention the smoke that pours from blacktop irritating the neighbors. GL

getting a little impatient, whats the deal with the spot. do you have an estimate of how long it will take before we could get out ther?

Back
Top Bottom