drift event today n00bs see ya at the trax

this track is much better than Hialeah speedway and orlando speedway IMO.. definately high speed 3rd gear entries and not a steep bank to make your motor fall on its face halfway thru. yea there was 2 crashes but thats what happens when you get amatuers doing such high speed drifting im sure. anyway i like the track, free track time, can't believe only 18 people showed up, i never want to see anyone complaining about prices again if you didn't go to this free track time and it's only 2hrs away from pembroke pines

5spd is weird. and ya'lls decel w\ the manual transmission is stupid while lifting during switch backs.

go to hell fouled plugs.

i just need to learn how to drive.

I do like this track more then osw. There is no flat bottom oval stuff so changing height on the oval wont screw you up like at osw going from lower to upper level during drift if you didnt take the right line or dont have the power. The banking is less then osw so you have more time to think about what you are doing and have more time to adjust your inputs. At osw you have to be more balls to the wall i think to hit the upper bank opposed to this course. (although i have not drifted the upper portion of osw, these are my conclusions based off my experience at this track and doing other long sweeping continuous turns.)

i was muttering a few things about how i didnt like the track on my first run. Again this was my first time driving my car with a manual transmission, the infeild is larger then osw and hialeah speedway. I was constantly hitting the rev limiter in second, and i dont know wtf was going on while i was on the outside oval turns. It turns out most of this track is 3rd gear and a quick shift to second in the infield switch backs to keep em spinning. I realized alot more things on my second time around and was getting used to the track until the infamous ghetto intercooler coupling poped at 12.5 psi, casting confusion upon every spectator that has not owned a turbo car before.

yay for this track.

if my memory serves me correctly, the infeild is slightly wider then hialeah, and has similar length as osw. In short it has the nicest infeild yet. Not to mention the pavement was in rather good condition. Traction and pavement was consistent, and i love how the track was kept clean with the respect that was given to the kart guys that we were sharing the track with inbetween heats.

Last edited:
hmmmm, I just saw video for this track. Id like to attend the next one, keep us posted.

6hrs is still a ***** though > . <

If I knew about it... maybe yesterday I would have been there but this post was the first I heard about it. :(

Back
Top Bottom