Drift Basic event at Tropicana - Postponed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC

Driver
Registration is closed
This event has been postponed till April 2008. We will be working with the venue to lower costs and make this a public event. Thank you to all the drivers who signed up, as well, an apology that this did not happen. We just didn't get enough drivers to cover venue cost. All registered drivers will be getting a refund within 24 hours.

Last edited:
I can see why its soo much more than the regular events, they aren't making any money off the spectators

So who is gonna have a pit crew spot open? DIBS!

yeah, if i wanted to drift on a parking lot, in between the lights then i could stay in town....

single event get whacked hard by insurance companies...

looks alright but because of the no spectators and no food or drinks allowed then it looks like this event is a huge corporate money pit because once we get there we will be thirsty as hell and we will have to buy their drinks and their food and pay even more money ----other than that the track looks fun and another venue to choose from is always nice...either way cool beans

There will be venders on site for drinks and food and they are not unreasonable with their prices. First turn=up to third gear.

Good spot. bad date, costly Price for a parking lot.

Nopi in atlanta is the same weekend. and Moroso is sept 2nd??

gonna be tough on peoples budgets.

Exactly. Sept 2nd is right before that. Gonna be hard for some to cough up the dough for that both events. Doesn't help that it was short notice too.

About a year ago everybody was crying cause there weren't enough events, now that there is one around every corner everybody is still crying about the cost....... :confused: .......ask M4nfred....I tell this to everybody..."Gotta be dedicated to the game baby"......you HAVE to make sacrifices in your regular everyday life to support your drift habits or in my case drag car! EXAMPLE: Sometimes I only eat lunch of the lunch truck cause I only have $2 to spent, the rest went to the car! Come on guys hit em up!!

slidewayz240sx said:
Ouch....no spectators kills it. There what helps us afford our events. lol

+1

Well ill be covering NOPI Drift finals in Atl that weekend :bigthumbu

But damn the Trop is right down the street from me. Ill go out this week and shoot the terain...because it is rough :eek:

The no spectators comes from the fact that this is a private practice event. We could not make this first event public unfortunately due to some restrictions we are working under. We will have a full photography staff out taking high res pictures of all drivers that want it.

STP03bluesi said:
Ill go out this week and shoot the terain...because it is rough :eek:
Rough? Are you kidding?
This is the same place HIN had their drift demo...
T119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom