Drama Bomb Goes Boom in SWD Formula D Pro Am Series

Yeah. Too many people are eager to jump into pro am. Just go drive and have fun.

This.

And you dont need 500hp for proam, you need to not fuck up when you drive and youll get top4 almost everytime, then it might come down to your car.

FD is the pros, stop complaining about classes. Work your ass off and find the support, i mean look at some of the guys in FD and the level of the car/support and they are struggling to make top32. Pat is consistent at top32 with less FD experience, less hp, and less crew... soon i'd hope sponsors take note and support him and drop the dudes that have sat on the bubble for 5+ years of FD now. but he and i know, its not likely to just fall out of the sky.

And There are other series to run just like JP. problem is JP is like the size of florida or some shit so anyone can afford travel to any event (D1SL) but not everyone is ready for D1GP...... and with low travel cost = cars can be awesomer by the more normal dude. i can tell you if i never had to go farther than 6-7 hours for any event n my career so far, id probably have 800hp wth NOS and Grave Digger as my tow vehicle .... something like that.

drive local and have fun, or go broke and have fun competing.

^ not to be a dick, Japan is small but it takes forever to drive anywhere, its 6 hours by car from northern tokyo (Ueno) to Ebisu, and thats not even 1/4 of the length of the main island. if you wanted to drive end to end of just the main island it would take nearly 20 hours. I drove from west palm to New Mexico in about that same time.

Plus the Gas in japan is about 8 bucks a gallon, so not really much cheaper. Although there are alot more tracks that have drifting going on that are closer to each other. But thats why you see guys that mostly hang out at their home tracks, because it costs so much to travel.

^ not to be a dick, Japan is small but it takes forever to drive anywhere, its 6 hours by car from northern tokyo (Ueno) to Ebisu, and thats not even 1/4 of the length of the main island. if you wanted to drive end to end of just the main island it would take nearly 20 hours. I drove from west palm to New Mexico in about that same time.

Plus the Gas in japan is about 8 bucks a gallon, so not really much cheaper. Although there are alot more tracks that have drifting going on that are closer to each other. But thats why you see guys that mostly hang out at their home tracks, because it costs so much to travel.

West palm to New Mexico in 20 hours? You were going like over 100 the entire time and didn't stop to eat?

20 hours is nothing to drive from one end to the other. It takes us 72 to go from
Orlando to Seattle.

ok 26 hours, split between 4 days. I took my time.

But still the J guys don't have it that much easier than us. The big thing that is cheaper there is Cars and parts because the Used market is huge. So much awesome used dhit everywhere but everything else is very very expensive. Fuel is a little more than double in the US and registration depending on your vehical can be thousands of dollars just to register it for 2 years.

Grass is greener type of thing. A big difference is their attitude, people just accept that drifting an cars is and expensive hobby and just suck it up and have fun.

Back
Top Bottom