DONT DRIFT ON STREETS, a guy almost died yesterday infront of Moroso....

z4k said:

I believe it was Tony Mac who witnessed a bad street racing accident on an EMPTY road. Kid nearly died IIRC.

I found out a few days later from a friend in the BBPD that kid died. :(

Tonymac said:
I found out a few days later from a friend in the BBPD that kid died. :(

sorry you had to experience that...

Not sure why anyone would argue this fact.... most of you can't deny the fact that you have street drifted before.... but there are crazy events now so the excuses of doing so are running kinda low... thats just my 2 cents

PS Zak this is a prettier pink!!! lol

FallenAngel said:
P.s. any kind of illegal activity on Bird Rd. is strictly reserved for kids w/o brain cells.... what kind of a dumbass would do such a thing???

+1...bird FTL

i witnessed a nasty street racing accident right outside my crib a few years back...z06 v FD...z06 got cutoff by the bus (was a sunday morning), and tried to avoid him. lost control, hit median, flew across two lanes (that were empty thankfully), and into a concrete bus bench, where he ended up upsidedown. z06 was spraying nitrous also...so it could have been alot worse. Kid died if i remember correctly, even though he had a full cage and everything.

moral of story...street racing and/or street drifting can be deadly, even with a fully built and "safe" car. please be careful when and if you do decide to slide/race, and take others lives into account before all else.

It upset me of course but shortly after I found out, I had a conversation with Sean (Love) about the incident. He was an EMT at one point and after hearing a few of his stories, I was quite humbled! That man's seen a lot.

Smidget said:
sorry you had to experience that...

Not sure why anyone would argue this fact.... most of you can't deny the fact that you have street drifted before.... but there are crazy events now so the excuses of doing so are running kinda low... thats just my 2 cents

PS Zak this is a prettier pink!!! lol

Thats like telling a rockstar he can't play his guitar anywhere but the stage.

Not gonna happen cause he learns the most when he's just freestylin with some homeys on some dock hanging over the ocean drinking brehaha's. Sure that dock could collapse and bam, instant death. But back to statistics. You're more likely to get broadsided at a light by a moron running the red.

Accidents happen. 98% of the time its driver stupidity.

I'm not saying its a smart idea.
I'm just saying don't be stupid about it.

It's a part of the job and i have much respect for EMT's thats for sure.. i couldn't do it, i dont have the stomach for it

Rob i totally get your point although your analogy might not be so comparable.. i guess its just the fact that im too much of a "good girl" but point is its illegal for a reason.. why not keep it on the track.. there are places to practice too without being on the street

Last edited:
DrumFunKen said:

Not gonna happen cause he learns the most when he's just freestylin with some homeys on some dock hanging over the ocean drinking brehaha's. Sure that dock could collapse and bam, instant death. But back to statistics. You're more likely to get broadsided at a light by a moron running the red.

It isn't iilegal and dangerous to play a guitar.

DrumFunKen said:

I somewhat agree with your statement..... yes you get your best ideas from freestyling, but you could freestyle in a safer place than public roads... there is the adrenaline rush provided by knowing what you are doing is illegal and cops might get involved, but I don't think the rush of adrenaline is worth potentially ruining a families lives because you killed (or worse, paralized) a father, mother, son, daughter, ect... as long as its a drift practice and not a competition you could try new methods of initiating and spin out... there isn't any pressure in a drift practice. most drivers put all this pressure on themselves that they have to go and rock out with the cock out @ a practice... just have fun improvise spin out. learn how to control the drift and rock it @ the next comp. never forget that you do this for fun (some want to go pro, but it is mainly for fun. once the fun is gone don't bother doing it anymore)

like i said if and when the next hurricane blows by and the streets are empty and wet and you go street sliding, just try to be as safe as possible, if not for yourself. for the person that is not expecting you to take that left @ 60mph. try to have a spotter and listen to the spotter when he says don't slide this turn yet... but most importantly don't become a statistic like the kid in the vet this whole thread is about.

ZAK my point was this was during the day i'm guessing with a place that had a Harley being riden down it. most places people drift on the street (actual drifters not just a guy with a powerful rwd car spinning out) don't have regular traffic. We at least try to seclude ourselves where as plenty of muscle car guys do it whenever they pull out of anywhere at anytime of the day. The "powerslide" was here before the drift. But i know we will get blamed for it.

POLE-POSITION said:
ZAK my point was this was during the day i'm guessing with a place that had a Harley being riden down it. most places people drift on the street (actual drifters not just a guy with a powerful rwd car spinning out) don't have regular traffic. We at least try to seclude ourselves where as plenty of muscle car guys do it whenever they pull out of anywhere at anytime of the day. The "powerslide" was here before the drift. But i know we will get blamed for it.

I know what you mean but to a cop it is all fast and furious. I got pulled over for my tires chatter once(welded diff) cop said Im going to set an example with you fast and furious kids. Fucking Prick.

I know most of us who do street slide do it in secluded areas not haevily occupied streets and such. MOre like warehouses late at night you Naples guys are luck with that track.

But like I said to a cop or someone who doesn't know it is no difference.

z4k said:
But like I said to a cop or someone who doesn't know it is no difference.

It all depends. I've heard stories of others who had the luck to be let go because the police officers saw no harm in where they were drifting. They would just say its private property and tell them to leave.

The only things that matter when you get pulled over in an empty area:

1-) Location (streets or warehouse)
2-) Cop's attitude
3-) Your attitude

guitar's are deadly. liek the statocaster 666... i mean. SLash looks at it and goes. NO. dont play that. and you grab it real fast look at him and go i'm gonna play it!@!! he's alike nooo it will bring death to us all!!!! and then your like. bam. you hit it and evil demon musical notes come out and start attacking slash like evil demon razor tooth pirrannah!!

MonkiMajyk said:
guitar's are deadly. liek the statocaster 666... i mean. SLash looks at it and goes. NO. dont play that. and you grab it real fast look at him and go i'm gonna play it!@!! he's alike nooo it will bring death to us all!!!! and then your like. bam. you hit it and evil demon musical notes come out and start attacking slash like evil demon razor tooth pirrannah!!

Lay off the crack buddy.

i find nothing wrong with a lil slide here and there but, its simply just use your better judgement to when to and when not too. ie crowd or busy streets = Fail, 3 or some other odd time when theres no one around fine. even so i think if you do you should find a spot away from any type of comercial traffic.

well fellas and ladies, keep wearing your rubbers when you go sliding. its all about safety first!!

Back
Top Bottom