desoto vids 7/11

wish i could watch the vids at work.... post them on vimeo!! haha

did you happen to get anything of a seafoam two tone? :D

yes i did. it seriously takes like an hour to upload 3 minutes of video. i have like 6 mbs download and like 10 Kbs upload speed

Why were you trying to do the bank when you couldnt connect everything in the infield?

I know its already been gone over, I just need to know for myself too?

I drove OSW for like a year and a half before I tried the bank.

Its just fucking ignorant to go out and try to rip the bank when you cant even connect a second gear section in the infield. And desotos infield isnt confusing. Its AWESOME!

Why were you trying to do the bank when you couldnt connect everything in the infield?

I know its already been gone over, I just need to know for myself too?

I drove OSW for like a year and a half before I tried the bank.

Its just fucking ignorant to go out and try to rip the bank when you cant even connect a second gear section in the infield. And desotos infield isnt confusing. Its AWESOME!

I didnt go to drive the in field. i was not doing good but i Honestly wasn't trying. it's not like i've never drifted anything like that before. i went to try the bank. i couldn't get the whole thing but i had the balls to try it. the bank isn't even scary. its not a big deal. it shouldn't take a year to prepare to drive it. and my car has as much hp as an sr and my car weighs a thousand lbs more.

No offense to any of the awesome drivers who were tearing it up. or to you.

Last edited:
I didnt go to drive the in field. i was not doing good but i Honestly wasn't trying. it's not like i've never drifted anything like that before. i went to try the bank. i couldn't get the whole thing but i had the balls to try it. the bank isn't even scary. its not a big deal. it shouldn't take a year to prepare to drive it. and my car has as much hp as an sr and my car weighs a thousand lbs more.

No offense to any of the awesome drivers who were tearing it up. or to you.

It wasn't scary because you were putting into it. When you don't have power you need to go balls out on entry. Example: Bill Sherman in his old miata. Then it would be real scary, but you'd be actually doing it.

If you did the infield a bunch and got better at driving, you'd have the skill and confidence to do the bank and actually make it. Not trying to be a dick, but like Pat was saying, it just doesn't really make sense. I'm all for people trying the bank, but it's smart to work up to it. Sometimes proving you ain't scared isn't worth crashing your car, and believe me, I know alllll about that haha.

Jerm that vid kills me. How much power are you making out of that dorito machine, you can actually modulate throttle on the bank? I have to floor it, enter fast, and clutch kick a couple times to keep it sideways.

Jerm that vid kills me. How much power are you making out of that dorito machine, you can actually modulate throttle on the bank? I have to floor it, enter fast, and clutch kick a couple times to keep it sideways.

I know he used to make like, right at 400.

That car is also like REALLLL setup. Real light, corner weighted, fully sick race car kinda shit.

And broseph, Just like what Jermey said, low powered cars take some balls to reallly through the bank. You have to enter way fast. What you did has nothing to do with balls. You kinda cruised in and clutch kicked low.
I never tried it becuase I was stock powered SR, and didnt feel comfortable enough.
You dont have to be some kind of amazing driver to do the bank, but it does take a little bit of skill to enter right and hang the car where you want it up there.

Dyno'd it like a week before the event and it made 358whp. I was kinda disappointed, but then drove it and was like "holy shit". Last year it made 397, but I think the weather was nicer than 95 degrees and 300% humidity. It's never run this good before. I was also on pump gas and shit. Modulation is probably because I was running Sunny's. Never buy Sunny's! I was on 255-35-18s with 25psi cold, and was modulating that much, and sliding forever on transitions. I hated it haha.

and like Pat said, my shit is kinda set up.

comeon dude, this is my 4 door family car. some people told me 65mph and thats what i did. and you can see the tire marks from where that dude Lee just hit the wall. I'm not good at the bank at all. Im not saying i was. but it wasn't like i was spinning out at county line taking everyone's time up. we all got the same 3-4-5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
comeon dude, this is my 4 door family car. some people told me 65mph and thats what i did. and you can see the tire marks from where that dude Lee just hit the wall. I'm not good at the bank at all. Im not saying i was. but it wasn't like i was spinning out at county line taking everyone's time up. we all got the same 3-4-5 minutes.
YouTube- Movie.wmv

No dude, no one is complaining about it, and props for trying it out. Me and Pat are just trying to give some advice. All we drove is ovals for a long time.

i appreciate that guy. i have to say the people at the desoto was cool. i left alot of rims/ tools around and nothing went missing. i chain my stuff up in miami

^yea, i dont think ive ever had anything stolen from me at desoto.. and yea, his name is lee, and hes got a gay ass carb'd 350 chevy motor.. haha.

any crappy bank footage of me? maybe youd wanna make a vid for me? haha :D seafoam coupe..?

i have 1 run from you. ill try tonight. but i gotta leave now.

here's ahmed

Dyno'd it like a week before the event and it made 358whp. I was kinda disappointed, but then drove it and was like "holy shit". Last year it made 397, but I think the weather was nicer than 95 degrees and 300% humidity. It's never run this good before. I was also on pump gas and shit. Modulation is probably because I was running Sunny's. Never buy Sunny's! I was on 255-35-18s with 25psi cold, and was modulating that much, and sliding forever on transitions. I hated it haha.

and like Pat said, my shit is kinda set up.

damn i wonder if your car is running that sweet or those tires suck that bad. Last time i was there watching you in the bank it sounded like you were wide open with a little kick in the middle. But that was like two dorito rebuilds (upgrades) ago and roughly 1year or more ago. Any progress on your sweet tranny stuff yet?

damn i wonder if your car is running that sweet or those tires suck that bad. Last time i was there watching you in the bank it sounded like you were wide open with a little kick in the middle. But that was like two dorito rebuilds (upgrades) ago and roughly 1year or more ago. Any progress on your sweet tranny stuff yet?

It feels faster than ever with the new twin scroll setup. Instant power. Yeah with new 255 nexens I was usually pretty much floored all the way around. Curious to see how those tires are with the new setup. I was also super rusty driver wise, so not very smooth throttle work, and probably could've ran more angle. Hopefully it's just running that sweet though. Did a 2-3 upshift in drift with no clutch kicks, and put a HUGE smile on my face haha.

It feels faster than ever with the new twin scroll setup. Instant power. Yeah with new 255 nexens I was usually pretty much floored all the way around. Curious to see how those tires are with the new setup. I was also super rusty driver wise, so not very smooth throttle work, and probably could've ran more angle. Hopefully it's just running that sweet though. Did a 2-3 upshift in drift with no clutch kicks, and put a HUGE smile on my face haha.

Thats pretty awesome

[/quote]Did a 2-3 upshift in drift with no clutch kicks, and put a HUGE smile on my face haha.[/quote]

Did i just read that u did a clutchless upshift meaning the ballerific new trans is in? Or an upshift just with out the clutch kick??

Back
Top Bottom