Desoto Drift NOPI Qualifier Thoughts

BLADDER_MASTER

is no more
First off I want to thank jenfsu1 for being the awesome person that she is and making sure that everyone was taken care of at the event. And the rest of the gang at XAT Racing for running the event and dealing with the issues that came with it.

Anywho, the event was a disappointment. Specifically my expectations of the skill level of the drivers that were attending the event. Sorry but I just expected more, as well as the judges. Although I'm not entirely disappointed as there were some skilled drivers out there. And it just sucked to see some of our guys who rocked the practice session but couldn't deliver when it came down to qualifying. One of the few who stood out to me the most was Takakumi_suti. Watching him out there made it obvious that the only thing that was holding him back was his car. The biggest disappointment was watching some of last year's NOPI drivers.

I'm not trying to be mean but I'm just expressing my opinion based on what I saw. And again I'll say that I'm not the only one who felt the same about the event. I guess it's a good thing that I recorded almost everyones qualifying runs, plus the commentary from Rob Fleming. I'll be working on transferring and uploading all that coverage in the next couple of days.

Also some other highlights I wanted to point out include:
Track owner almost shutting the event down.
Someone we all know got kicked out.
Coins being handed out for every cone eaten.
BMW vs. Toyota chat over the radio.

And some idiot from this site got a license. :D

bladder i luv you bro, but man you talk so much crap.... ;)

lol,,,,, i edited my post..... cause i dont know shit.... :bigthumbu

congrats to juan for the license.. he kicked ass..
i loved the mario themed sounds that were playing. cant wait to see the videos + pictures. was a VERY cold night. wow! i may not be a drifter, nor know the first thing of what it feels like to be drifting, but idk what happened to a lot of the drivers that did rather good during there practice runs, and when it came down to qualifying. it went to shxt -_-

Whos car is this? Ouch.
PICT1284.jpg

jdm nismo chik said:
congrats to juan for the license.. he kicked ass..
i loved the mario themed sounds that were playing. cant wait to see the videos + pictures. was a VERY cold night. wow! i may not be a drifter, nor know the first thing of what it feels like to be drifting, but idk what happened to a lot of the drivers that did rather good during there practice runs, and when it came down to qualifying. it went to shxt -_-

yea it was freezing last night, i agree alot of guys were doing really good during the practice and when it was their time to shine they would fuck up, drumfunken was doing really good practice runs, but he was the last to go and maybe the pressure got to him i dk but his qualifying runs were not the same, we all thought he was getting a license up until the last runs, pablo was doing good too but his last runs werent so good, some cars out there just loved the cones, yes the judges were disappointed but they were having fun with the sound effects in the end

congrats juan!!

rwdrift said:
Can you explain the highlights? Particularly the first one?

That was based on what Rob Fleming told me. I don't know all of the specifics but I think it had something to do with the fact that the track owner wanted us out by sundown. Which wouldn't have given us time to do all the qualifying runs. He wasn't in a good mood at all throughout the day. Surprisingly he changed his mind at the end. I think the beers he drank calmed him down.

Also, if you guys remember the Ter-Tech competition that was held @ OSW 2 years ago, the track layout of that event was basically the same as the Desoto event.

thanks for the props guys!
now as far as the track goes, it was by far the toughest track I've been on yet. the bank had some grip but comming out of it was hard, I would be at about 70+mph downhill into a dirty ass track, I was of throttle between cliping points 1,2, and I'll get back on before 3.
the infield had so much dirt that it look like a rally event, and all of that was a big factor to some of the other drivers out there. Im not going to say that it was easy but I did spect better from some other drivers... specialy the ones with white number boxes and stikers on them.

^^ Thats so awesome man. You deserve it, your so clean. Now you need to hit up some sponsers for NOPI next year!!

its bad enough that the track was cold but what topped it off the most was how amazingly dirty it was so no anyone who was in the last qualifying group runs got screwed the most lol.. plus I loved how there were no lights on in the mens bathroom and piss all over the floor.. as a first time visitor to Desoto Speedway I was far beyond disappointed at the track prep for a NOPI licensing event.

the drivers were okay at best. the highlight of the day was Rob Fleming on the mic... although playing that country music was a big fat FAIL.

and OMFG HAX <3 to that F22 S14.. i woulda just had him drive around the track 10x for his license lol

congrats to Juan, you finally got what you deserve.

congrats to that guy who was running 300hp and using 205s lol youre cool

Juan Henao said:
thanks for the props guys!
now as far as the track goes, it was by far the toughest track I've been on yet. the bank had some grip but comming out of it was hard, I would be at about 70+mph downhill into a dirty ass track, I was of throttle between cliping points 1,2, and I'll get back on before 3.
the infield had so much dirt that it look like a rally event, and all of that was a big factor to some of the other drivers out there. Im not going to say that it was easy but I did spect better from some other drivers... specialy the ones with white number boxes and stikers on them.
congrats again...you did deserve your licence there...agreed about the track...was dirty as hell...coming off the bank was like coming from snow to ice...and skill level was...like 2004 Hialeah events...when we started...

Back
Top Bottom