-D E S O T O __ D R I F T- Dec 5th 2009

Well, here's my POV and a couple of things I want to say about the event. Plus throw in a summary to describe to those who couldn't attend what the event was like.

IMG_2754.jpg

The Desoto Drift competition is in the books and Brett Collins has been crowned the winner with his Toyota V8 powered 240SX. More than 30 drivers battled through blistering cold weather and treacherous track conditions resulting in 2 vehicle crashes, multiple spinouts, and the consumption of hot chocolate. Mud slides, lakes, sand storms, Desoto had it all! As well as vehicles from various makes and models like a Toyota Corolla, Ford Mustang, and a Mutant Miata. After the event, Brett Collins celebrated his "Coming Out" party at Applebees using the gift card he acquired as a prize from the event. Out of all the prizes he acquired that night, the gift card was the prize he was most excited about. Yes the gift card. Congratulations to Brett Collins!

"The Mud Slide"
From the booth I noticed the mud slide was owning a lot of people. Although I also noticed the outside of the mud slide wasn't as bad as the inside. Which is why I saw those who went towards the inside get thrown off more than the ones who went through the outside. Plus it wasn't good seeing those who successfully pass the inside of the mud slide succumb to the lake right after it.

"Practice"
I left with the feeling that a lot of you could've done better if you were given more time to practice. I saw some of you start to get more comfortable with the track but couldn't get it down in time to score a good run. Hopefully in the next competition everyone will get more time, but I would recommend hitting up the open practice days to be prepared for it.

"Final Thoughts"
Yes I agree that some things need to be worked on. The event wasn't perfect. But overall I thought it was good and I had fun. I had more to say but I'm falling asleep (5AM right now :boring: ). I'll add more later if I can remember after I wake up. If you have feedback or some ideas to improve the next event, forward them to Jen.

Btw, who's this cool guy?

4164613567_d0f9899b5e_b.jpg

the next time around i think the people who plan it should not do it all last min to avoid the confusion.. if this was planed like 2 months in advanvce not just talked about it would have most likely gone way smoother then it did..

What lead you to conclude that the event wasn't planned ahead of time?

And I don't know if this was posted but here are the top 6:

1. Brett Collins - 1UZ powered s13
2. Lucas Jones - white 90' s13
3. Sean Forrester - maroon s13 with backfire mod
4. Will Ensminger - white '96 s14
5. Charlie Thompson - '87 300zx
6. Chad Davis - white '89 s13

Last edited:
becuase i tried to get it orginized back in october maybe even before that but people told me it was pointless its not till december.. but greg from jdmups has a point when he says there is no point to wait till last min to advertise your event or even plan it. if you get it out there a month 2 months ahead of time it gives people time to actually prep alittle and maybe even make a normal desoto pratice as well as more time for the flyers and banners to attract attention.. but no one listens to me. i just make the flyers i guess but seince me and my friends where the main reason that this event got started its stupid we never got to put out $0.02 in i would have done things way simpler and like jermey said set a detailed time schedual so people dont leave... this is not an assumption i think everyone would agree with me when i say that this was the most unorginized thing they have most likely ever attended and that concludes my point of it being not planned ahead of time not in december.. the "layouts where not even "FINALIZED" till friday the night before the event... and i did not get a chance to post them till saturday sounds to me like they could have been finalized a month ago soo people could get the idea what they are up for...but it did not matter becuase they where ripped down and re designed anyways im tired of talking about saturday..

this thread really needs to end!!! :D

I have plans for a REALLY fun event though :) :) :) An event that won't suck. If you know me, than you know I like to have fun, and hate stuff that isn't fun. SOOO bring smiles :D I'll keep everyone informed, but it won't be for a while.

8==============================================D~

Spring Break 2010! :woot:

Most of the people who made this event happen are volunteers. We take time from our evenings and weekends to plan it, we give up the opportunity to drive at the event and sometimes pay for costs out of our own pocket. We are not a professional event planning organization.... we don't do this for any type of profit. We are drivers...trying to help other drivers by working this venue..so, it's not going to be perfect.

We had a schedule and two course layouts... all of which got modified... drivers were not doing well due to the track conditions, weather, whatever.... but, we had to roll with it and move on. There is usually a speaker system in the pit area to communicate with drivers...this system was down. Again, we had to roll with that and do the best we could.

Things we attempted to improve on for this event...we had a tire changer, concessions, the tractor tires were moved and we had prizes for winners.

Feel free to pm me if you have any additional suggestions or would like to volunteer to help out at the next one.

Jen

i was just answering the question... really i dont care anymore.. its 4 days in the past..

i hate to ask tho.. but Jason... what is a box mod?? lol just curious like a chask is my name like chris haskell lol but like did you mod a cardboard box or whaats the deal lol :D

Last edited:
i was just answering the question... really i dont care anymore.. its 4 days in the past..

i hate to ask tho.. but Jason... what is a box mod?? lol just curious like a chask is my name like chris haskell lol but like did you mod a cardboard box or whaats the deal lol :D

he eats modified box

Back
Top Bottom