cool little vid that shows us what drifting is about..... having fun!!

Really the points I've made were really general. Of course sponsors are always nice, like wheels, tires, performance parts, ect. I just think sponsors like energy drinks and products that have nothing to do with motorsports are the greedy type that ruin drifting.

I respect you guys, I see what you guys do and you all are serious business. I just think drifting is all about exposure, you don't have to be the best, just have your face in front of enough cameras and a car with enough stickers.

Anyways, whatever path you all choose to follow and where you end up, I still got respect for you, knowing where you started.

not to get more off topic but as someone in the thick of sponsor stuff...

automotive companies do NOT have the monetary support that a drink company can. commercial items are much more widely sold (everyone drinks something) than people that would buy a Sparco suit... when was the last time you saw a soccer mom going to get her Exedy HyperTwin Racing Clutch? I bet not as often as you see one drinking an energy drink^^ not to mention the cost to make that clutch is quite a bit higher (less % profit) than the drinks. Many commercial companies spend millions for a 30second commercial during major sporting events, they have that kind of capital to throw around.

title sponsors will have to be non-automotive if drifting is to survive in a professional environment, and really, I just want to drive more tracks in more places, so if it means that my car looks like a pack of Slim Jims, so be it.

not trying to be a dick or argue over it, but you dont seem to know what it is you are really talking about or arent clearly expressing it.

Last edited:
And then you guys wonder why nothing happens in Florida....ridiculous. Plenty of people can drift, not many come to realize why they do, this is apparent on these forums. Sponsorships is whats ruining it, greedy people wanting to get in on it because its hot shit right now.

What are you even talking about? Like 2% of anyone on any forum actually drives, and none of them are sponsored unless boxmod is on there. Go drive an event, it's really fun.

i totally agree with jason. if mcdonalds wanted to sponsor me, id having my car looking like ronald mcdonald if the price is right of course. if tampax sponsored me for the season id have my car look like a tampon. catch my drift?

i totally agree with jason. if mcdonalds wanted to sponsor me, id having my car looking like ronald mcdonald if the price is right of course. if tampax sponsored me for the season id have my car look like a tampon. catch my drift?

Next up is shant out of florida... in the Blood Red Kotex S14, fans remember after this round shant will be in the pits handing out free Kotex samples to all you young ladys out there.

ROFL!!!!!

I'm not sponsored, I don't exactly aim to be, but thats besides the point, the point is since I'm not sponsored, I don't know what the pros and cons are. Some of you guys are and I guess I'm just gonna take your word on this. I just know I'm the guy who goes to his friends house, starts talkin' shit and ends up showin everyone he can slide around the end of the block in an N/A 7M powered lead brick. I don't aspire to be the next big thing in a pro series, but to those of you who do, good luck. I haven't driven in a legit event yet, but I'm gonna try to ASAP.

But anyways, back on topic, the vid was put together very well. I love seein' the weekend warriors go at it on Ebisu.

I'm not sponsored, I don't exactly aim to be, but thats besides the point, the point is since I'm not sponsored, I don't know what the pros and cons are. Some of you guys are and I guess I'm just gonna take your word on this. I just know I'm the guy who goes to his friends house, starts talkin' shit and ends up showin everyone he can slide around the end of the block in an N/A 7M powered lead brick. I don't aspire to be the next big thing in a pro series, but to those of you who do, good luck. I haven't driven in a legit event yet, but I'm gonna try to ASAP.

But anyways, back on topic, the vid was put together very well. I love seein' the weekend warriors go at it on Ebisu.

ok so youve never been to an event. so to an extent you have no idea what its like to travel for hours at a time, pay for gas in a big truck, go to the event, pay for the event, pay for gas in the car you drive at the event, pay for tires, pay for other random shit you have to get, pay for things when shit breaks or you wreck, and all the other stuff that comes out of going out of town to do stuff like this.

BUUTTT, you think a company willing to help someone out with these costs is hurting the sport????

IMO if anything its helping them. the more ppl that can get to events whether they paid for it or not helps the sport grow cause its just one more person going and participating and exposing the sport even more.

hell my car is pink and i named it pepto. i WISH pepto bismol would give me money... :D

The point has been made, and you choose to go more off topic about subjects that have already been covered, obviously you're not one to have a discussion with. I obviously know the costs, I've been to plenty of events and know plenty of people who do slide, I know exactly what its all about, I'm not incompetent. I don't appreciate people challenging my intelligence and common sense. You don't think I know what gas cost? You don't think I know what tires cost? I mean seriously, I'm not a moron.

i'm not sponsored, i don't exactly aim to be, but thats besides the point, the point is since i'm not sponsored, i don't know what the pros and cons are. Some of you guys are and i guess i'm just gonna take your word on this. i just know i'm the guy who goes to his friends house, starts talkin' shit and ends up showin everyone he can slide around the end of the block in an n/a 7m powered lead brick. i don't aspire to be the next big thing in a pro series, but to those of you who do, good luck. I haven't driven in a legit event yet, but i'm gonna try to asap.

But anyways, back on topic, the vid was put together very well. I love seein' the weekend warriors go at it on ebisu.

lol

See that right there....its not a sport, its just an activity, some of us get paid, but some of us don't want to get paid. We just do it because we enjoy doing it, because we love cars and enjoy driving. I just think the "Sport" part is what killed it for the most of us...drifting was born on the streets, with consequences, which made us passionate about it.

why is it that people think that we "all" love cars?! I don't. I fucking hate them.I just like to beat it like it owes me money. I enjoy watching them sink into lakes, specially if its an s13.

Lol well thats kinda why it doesn't say drifter under your name. Now if you ever wanna do that, I think I know where theres an old celica with a 5 speed....I've always wanted to run it into the ground.

Lol well thats kinda why it doesn't say drifter under your name. Now if you ever wanna do that, I think I know where theres an old celica with a 5 speed....I've always wanted to run it into the ground.

No, I definetely drift. Just finished building my car. I'll be drifting PBIR.

He will be drifting his fully built fc at PBIR. He just bought it today. ^^

He went half/half on the car with the guy that's making his new little brother jośe.

AKA Tony the mad man tiger... Rawr

He will be drifting his fully built fc at PBIR. He just bought it today. ^^

He went half/half on the car with the guy that's making his new little brother jośe.

AKA Tony the mad man tiger... Rawr

haters-6.jpg

Speak for yourselves, Shit the only reason I drift is to get famous and make tons of sponsor money. So far I have been doing this shit since 04 and STILL nobody gives a shit who am. I really should quit.

The point has been made, and you choose to go more off topic about subjects that have already been covered, obviously you're not one to have a discussion with. I obviously know the costs, I've been to plenty of events and know plenty of people who do slide, I know exactly what its all about, I'm not incompetent. I don't appreciate people challenging my intelligence and common sense. You don't think I know what gas cost? You don't think I know what tires cost? I mean seriously, I'm not a moron.

You are a moron. You're talking like companies are all over drifting and trying to sponsor everyone up. Pretty much no one aside from 30 or so Formula D drivers is spnsored. Don't reply to this, just read it.

^^lmao!!!

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

Speak for yourselves, Shit the only reason I drift is to get famous and make tons of sponsor money. So far I have been doing this shit since 04 and STILL nobody gives a shit who am. I really should quit.

never quit son!!!!

Back
Top Bottom