cool little vid that shows us what drifting is about..... having fun!!

AKsamuraiS14

CHAM CHILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Driver
enjoy! there are some clips from videos we've already seen, but its been well edited to show us how every drift community get together and just enjoys doing what we love

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful video. It's exactly how I see drifting as. Even if I had the chance to go pro, I'm out there to have fun. If I wreck, I knew the consequences, but it was still have fun. The quote at the end was 100% true as well.

man i never wanted that video to end. super passionate.

I LOVE THIS SPORT!

See that right there....its not a sport, its just an activity, some of us get paid, but some of us don't want to get paid. We just do it because we enjoy doing it, because we love cars and enjoy driving. I just think the "Sport" part is what killed it for the most of us...drifting was born on the streets, with consequences, which made us passionate about it.

See that right there....its not a sport, its just an activity, some of us get paid, but some of us don't want to get paid. We just do it because we enjoy doing it, because we love cars and enjoy driving. I just think the "Sport" part is what killed it for the most of us...drifting was born on the streets, with consequences, which made us passionate about it.

way to ruin a good thread.

just cause its a sport doesnt mean your there to get paid or famous.

i played every sport i could in high school cause i loved the thrill. i feel the same way about drifting.

And then you guys wonder why nothing happens in Florida....ridiculous. Plenty of people can drift, not many come to realize why they do, this is apparent on these forums. Sponsorships is whats ruining it, greedy people wanting to get in on it because its hot shit right now.

its not that sponsorship is hot shit right now, its that for those people that take the sport seriously and want to get somewhere, need the sponsors to get themselves out there unless one is rich and dont need sponsor money. all of us that are at the pro am level wanna get to a pro level, to where a sponsor will pay for the whole season or just build u a car and say drive it, thats all u need to do, but even when we get to that pro level, we as drivers need to keep in mind that we drift for the love of the sport, whereas it makes it even more fun. so we get out there and just do what we love. who cares about competing, its about just being out there!!

And then you guys wonder why nothing happens in Florida....ridiculous. Plenty of people can drift, not many come to realize why they do, this is apparent on these forums. Sponsorships is whats ruining it, greedy people wanting to get in on it because its hot shit right now.

This is totally a sport. There is a battle, A vs B, a winner, a loser, points, brackets, qualifying. Now there is competition and non competition events, but shit, doesnt every sport have exhibitions and competitions?

and well like shant said, sponsorships are for those who are going above the 'hobby' level and are trying to make it a career. just because you dont realize that EVERY SPORT EVER MADE was played for fun before money, doesnt mean drivers are in it for money/greed. Its hard as shit to get a sponsor anyways so you'd be wasting your time being in it for that reason alone.

if your talking about the companies being greedy and trying to get in right now, thats silly because they spend their money where there will be eyes on their name, doesnt matter what you do.

to me what is fucking ridiculous is a guy who catches a football for a living and has no upfront cost (like building a car), while being able to play for free in a dirt yard to practice when learnining his sport, and its even in school with people to train you for FREE- dude brings in millions and millions and buys 3 houses, 10 cars, and diamond covered salt shakers just because he can. then you take motorsports where people have to build the car, learn the skills or pay someone to help teach, then pay to drive events, then pay to get a truck to travel to get exposure, then fix the car/upgrade it, then fix the truck/trailer, then finally make it into the Pro ranks just to have some of the cost covered and still have a day job.

/yep.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom