coilover selection...

Slide~Or~Die

Spectator
Im stuck between the stance and jic magic flt-tar... im looking to purchase a set of coilovers for my 350z, what do u think the better set up would be for drifting?

Stance or Jic magic coilovers?

Jic Magic FLT-TAR model number: Z33FLTA2H
http://www.jic-magic.com/ViewProduct1.aspx?ProductID=33&CarModelID=47&CarMakeID=7

Spring rate is 10kg (f) 12kg (r)

Stance GR+

http://www.stance-usa.com/sus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29&Itemid=42

12/11 or 5kg rate (f/r)

Stance GR+ Pro

http://www.stance-usa.com/sus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=44

12/5kg rate (f/r) or 16/14kg

Stance GR+Pro[SS-D]

http://www.stance-usa.com/sus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=32&Itemid=44

Stance AL+Pro

http://www.stance-usa.com/sus/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=33&Itemid=45

12/5kg rate (f/r)

lemme kno what u think any tips would be great!

i got al+pro's on my s13.....and according to the vendor the only difference between the gr+pro and al+pro is that al+pro is a lighter coilover and more expensive.....i dont kno much about jic's but i hurd they good too...i say jus get whicheva one fits the budget best because both brands are good coils

JIC is better than stance....but its some hardcore stuff...you really dont need much to get the job done....really depends what you wanta nd what matters to you...is it gonna make you feel better to say you own JIC or STANCE coilovers?

I think he wants to know because the spring rates on both sets of coils are completely different....The Stance have a really low spring rate in the back and the JIC have a nice high spring rate all the way around.

JIC is better than stance....but its some hardcore stuff...you really dont need much to get the job done....really depends what you wanta nd what matters to you...is it gonna make you feel better to say you own JIC or STANCE coilovers?

it doesnt matter witch i get...but really im just looking for knowledge about what kinda spring rate i should go with...i kno u norm want a stiffer set up for drifting but i dnt kno much/anything....was just wondering what rate would be best....or a happy medium.

What kind of spring rate should i go with/ common?

Last edited:
it doesnt matter witch i get...but really im just looking for knowledge about what kinda spring rate i should go with...i kno u norm want a stiffer set up for drifting but i dnt kno much/anything....was just wondering what rate would be best....or a happy medium.

What kind of spring rate should i go with/ common?

Why don't you ask this question on a 350Z forum how would much members other then those with Z's know how they will perform under certain situation if they don't have the car or haven't driven one with them?

I personally think you should go with the JIC and see if they offer one with lower spring rates.

Why don't you ask this question on a 350Z forum how would much members other then those with Z's know how they will perform under certain situation if they don't have the car or haven't driven one with them?

I personally think you should go with the JIC and see if they offer one with lower spring rates.

yea sry i already figured it out lol....but yea im going with the jic's and im going with a 10/10 kg rate witch is a little stiff for everyday....but thats ok cuz im awsome! ahaha jk but i asked this guy.....YouTube - Rich at ClubLoose

and this is what he said " I run HKS Hipermax RS with 8k front and rear springs. I think
it's still a too soft that's why my car rolls a lil. I suggest 9k front and rear
for a street/race car and 10k front and rear for a race car."

my z is an 07 so that^^ can be used for future reference.....:bigthumbu

danm good video :D!!

thats what i thought....seemed to kno what he was talkin about to when i asked em about my coilover seletion....also hks has a set out that have a nice spring rate...i think 11 and 12 id give a link but im at shool.....model is the hypermax:bigthumbu

JIC
Japanese Inter Cross
Has been in business for alot longer than Stance. Stance is a great company with a really good product, but outside of US drifting is non-existent. JIC manufactures the CROSS line of performance suspension and exhaust parts for Porsches and BMW's. John (the owner/manager of JIC USA) has a number of Porsche race cars and is EXTREMELY knowledgeable about suspension tuning, racing, and shit in general. If you haven't seen the JIC Porsche drift car in action, you're living a deprived life.

Nothing against Stance, but JIC is on another level. Plus John totally disassembled a set of FLTA-1's changed the oil, cartridges, and springs for a guy who ordered a set for a 1st gen GS for a customer of mine that wanted to set it up to drift. HE knew exactly what needed to be done and did it in like 15 min. BADASS!

I would have to say JIC over Stance. In my eyes that would be like a comparison between Jun and skunk 2. All though Stance makes a good product you can not ever go wrong or second guess about JIC.

kool!!!!!! thnx yea im goin with jic's 10/10 spring rate....a little stiff for dd but i think its gunna work the best and its the lowest rate they have=] and i hope it works out!

OOOOOO and by the way.....If u need a vender PM GEE!!! hes the man!!!:bigthumbu:bigthumbu

:mad:NO JOKE:mad:

I would have to say JIC over Stance. In my eyes that would be like a comparison between Jun and skunk 2. All though Stance makes a good product you can not ever go wrong or second guess about JIC.

I can hook you up with some bc racing coilovers dyno'd for what ever spring rates you want. $999 shipped to your door. PM me for more info. Stance < BC.

Back
Top Bottom