Click here and be stumped. (SR prob.)

Gas will wash your cylinders out and you already know you are getting oil in the crankcase!!!!!

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE OIL IN THE CRANKCASE.

and if you have $750 to use buy the micro tech you will be much happier with it and what ever you do to your engine you have a ecu that you can tune it to those sparameters...

in a matter of fact my frend is selling a ecu for sr20det

brand new newer used.

it is micritech lt12x + soft ware + 4 bosch coils + icnition amplifier + manual + cable

and i think he is asking $1100 for it

I'm guessing you either got bad roms or you put the roms in incorrectly, destroying them. Take the roms out, put in stock inj, unplug the maf and see if it at least runs properly. If so, I'm probably right.

Oh, and who's a better tuner than Enthalpy for SR's?

Edit:
This tune IS for 740's and not 550's, right???

Justin Duncklee said:
Dorian, the car needs a to tuned specifically.

no

Choku_Dorian said:
enthalpy tunes, well of course they are just a base map, so sometimes the car runs perfect(i thought they always ran perfect), sometimes they run a bit lean/rich(in my case way rich).

enjuku suggests tuning on a dyno with safc to make it perfect.(they dont tell you this before you buy the tune, lol.)

XAT can just reburn/reflash the ecu on the dyno for $250(what im going to do). so $750 for tuning and dyno time all together isnt that bad.

hopefully if anyone else has this problem they will find this thread.

Enthalpy tunes are not base maps. Any fine tuning can be done easily with minor fuel pressure adjustments.

Choku_Dorian said:
ok, here is the deal.

engine has:
gt2871r
cams
Maf
720cc's
enthalpy tune.
fpr

Which MAF? N62?

Choku_Dorian said:

Venom injectors? Did you check with RS-Enthalpy before running them? There are only certain injectors that are known compatible with the ROM tunes and I'm not sure Venom is one of them. I have heard Venom injectors are total shit however so I'd consider replacing them with real injectors - if you do speak with Martin at XAT, he can go into details with you as of why.

holy shit, .464 lift? ??? or was that supposed to be .364? Whos cam is that with that much lift and that little duration.

Are you absolutely positive the injectors are correct flow rate? If you had to do any cc - lb conversions?

That tune should be damn good, its not a base tune.

Now that tony mac said something about having to run a specific brand injector, I think you should check that out too.

TMac:
JWT > Enthalpy no?

yea its tuned specific for my setup. 720's.

enjuku told me today that they are base maps(could be wrong) and its common for them to be fine tuned on a dyno.

xat wasnt suprised at all about my inquirie either.

yea, n62.

no. fuck. thats probably it. god damn it. piss. i thought the injectors only mattered in size in relation to which maf you ran, didnt know brand mattered. ugh.

Rick:
they are jwt s4 cams.

no i havent checked flow rates.

i will replace the inj. :(

you guys pwn.

thanks.

JWT < Enthalpy x 1billion.

Something might have been lost in translation between whoever you were speaking with at Enjuku and yourself. You maps are definitely not base tunes! XAT sees a lot of problems. I've spoken with Martin on many occasions and you wouldn't believe some of the things he's seen. Fine tuning a ROM is not an option for 90% or more of the customer base so the tune should be close to spot on with FPR adjustments taking care of the rest. You should be in contact with RS-Enthalpy. Chris, who'll be the guy on the other end, is on Freshalloy and also Florida Fail (epstein). He's an uber car nerd and a very cool guy.

Tonymac said:
some of the things he's seen.
Like that totally fucked up Power FC problem on that dude's black coupe ;)

Fine tune on dyno is the way to go. If there is anything else that is causing mechanical problems, we'll find it.

you need 550 for that set up unless your going 22-26 pounds of boost

Tonymac said:
JWT < Enthalpy x 1billion.

Something might have been lost in translation between whoever you were speaking with at Enjuku and yourself. You maps are definitely not base tunes! XAT sees a lot of problems. I've spoken with Martin on many occasions and you wouldn't believe some of the things he's seen. Fine tuning a ROM is not an option for 90% or more of the customer base so the tune should be close to spot on with FPR adjustments taking care of the rest. You should be in contact with RS-Enthalpy. Chris, who'll be the guy on the other end, is on Freshalloy and also Florida Fail (epstein). He's an uber car nerd and a very cool guy.

I WOULD LISTEN TO THIS MAN...... HE KNOWS WHAT THE DEAL IS

Back
Top Bottom