ok, here is the deal.

engine has:
gt2871r
cams
Maf
720cc's
enthalpy tune.
fpr

car is ridiculously rich. bad enough to foul out plugs to where i start losing spark in about 1/2 hour. turns my oil really 'gassy'(for lack of better word) after a couple days.

inj. seem to be fine. we had one stuck open but fixed that a few days ago.

fuel pressure is at 3 bars.

any suggestions?

was thinking of getting a microtech LT4 to try and take care of it... good idea or no?

i am @ my wits end with this car and would appreciate any help/suggestions.

thank you.

p.s. car runs perfect other than this prob.

Last edited:
afc? maybe the injectors are open too long, personally i dont see the point of having injectors that big, i would be happy with 540cc's my self. but when did it start?

charlie a.k.a. chuck said:
afc? maybe the injectors are open too long, personally i dont see the point of having injectors that big, i would be happy with 540cc's my self. but when did it start?

it did it b4 the tune, and now after(i was hoping the tune would fix it)

and i forgot to list but i have gt2871r and 550's wouldnt get me much past 300whp. plus i bought the 720's for cheap.(brand new tho)

so thats 1 for seperate fuel management over the tune...

Don't drive it!!!!!

Change your oil everytime you run this car!!!!!!!! Gas in oil will kill your motor!!

Gas will wash your cylinders out and you already know you are getting oil in the crankcase!!!!!

===============================================================
Coolant temp sensor need to be replaced

O2 sensor needs to be replaced.

Remove injectors and lay them on a towel and check for leaks by cycling the key.

Tune may be bad

Fuel pressure may be to high.

Save your motor and buy those parts and troubleshoot it right!!! If you don't you will have a dead motor. There is tons of info on this on FA about an engine I had with the same issue.

dont worry, car is being pampered...

until it runs right, then it will be slutted til it dies, kab00m.

m4nfred said:
im thinking fuel pressure

im thinking shoot me in the face, but yea, im going to keep playing with it but damn. troubleshooting gets annoying.

i will be hooking a wideband up to it soon, maybe some fuel management, and probably dyno/street tune...there goes another couple G's... :(

car is pwning my cash flow.

Do a compression check. If gas is in your oil it is coming from washing down your cylinder walls. Does it smoke when you drive? Open atmosphere BOV?

Choku_Dorian said:
3 bars
enthalpy is 2nd best tune you can get in America...

If you say so. But it could be messed up. Hook up a wideband and make sure. Also make sure your fpr is working properly, what brand is it? Aeromotive? Ebay?

Last edited:
Choku_Dorian said:

and i forgot to list but i have gt2871r and 550's wouldnt get me much past 300whp. plus i bought the 720's for cheap.(brand new tho)

Dewey Im pretty sure thats a false statement... im almost positive some 555's would take u to that turbos max HP or close to it 375-390ish depending on the ar u got..

either way.. sell me ur turbo :D

Choku_Dorian said:

we ran 550's on sr with gt2871r and made 350rwhp and still had A/F rations in the high 11
s. So it can be done on 550's anything past that mark and you need to step it up.

z4k said:
Do a compression check. If gas is in your oil it is coming from washing down your cylinder walls. Does it smoke when you drive? Open atmosphere BOV?

had it compression checked, its perfect. does smoke a bit(black/blueish). and yea, greddy rs to the atmosphere. <<< im pretty sure this is the problem.

FlyinFINN said:
If you say so. But it could be messed up. Hook up a wideband and make sure. Also make sure your fpr is working properly, what brand is it? Aeromotive? Ebay?

yea its an aeromotive. i spent 2 years researching tuning for SR's, trust me, Enthalpy is good. wideband going in soon.

BiG MiKE said:
Dewey Im pretty sure thats a false statement... im almost positive some 555's would take u to that turbos max HP or close to it 375-390ish depending on the ar u got..

either way.. sell me ur turbo :D

no, and NO. lol

550's max out @ 15-16 lbs from .64 ar.

DrumFunKen said:
we ran 550's on sr with gt2871r and made 350rwhp and still had A/F rations in the high 11
s. So it can be done on 550's anything past that mark and you need to step it up.

yea, thats what im looking to make on low boost(for drifting).

thanks guys for the help. it is muchly aprreciated.

Last edited:
Dorian, the car needs a to tuned specifically.

We really need to get a wideband and plug it in. The car is running really freaking rich.. H aha ha. I donated 12 spark plugs to your motor...

i think you really need to take it to a dyno.

i say wideband as well, im finishing up my sr with 660cc injectors, fpr, apexi neo, and aem wideband... but i cant give you any experience advice yet cuz it has not been started, my CAS is fuchinged.

Choku_Dorian said:
ok, here is the deal.

engine has:
gt2871r
cams
Maf
720cc's
enthalpy tune.
fpr

car is ridiculously rich. bad enough to foul out plugs to where i start losing spark in about 1/2 hour. turns my oil really 'gassy'(for lack of better word) after a couple days.

inj. seem to be fine. we had one stuck open but fixed that a few days ago.

fuel pressure is at 3 bars.

any suggestions?

was thinking of getting a microtech LT4 to try and take care of it... good idea or no?

i am @ my wits end with this car and would appreciate any help/suggestions.

thank you.

p.s. car runs perfect other than this prob.

How far away is your airflow sensor from the turbo?

How much vaccum are you pulling at idle?

What duration cams and lift are the cams?

Have you done a compression test? get much blow by?

You have the fuel pressure set with the vacuum source disconnected correct 43.5psi? if you have the vaccum source connected it should be at 38psi.

What injectors are you using?

Is there anyway you can measure injector pulse width while the car is at an idle?

240SicknessX said:

You have the fuel pressure set with the vacuum source disconnected correct 43.5psi? if you have the vaccum source connected it should be at 38psi.

Is there anyway you can measure injector pulse width while the car is at an idle?

DAmn I forgot about vaccume

What about injector O-rings, when you installed them what lubricant did you use so they would seat correctly?

dose the engine rev freely in neutral, clean? any stumbles or lag?

What heat range plugs are you using?

I think the absolutely worst thing you can do is try to install a standalone management system on a car that is not working correctly to fix the problem.

240SicknessX said:

i think like 10 vac.

.464 lift /266 deg. dur.

compression checked, its good.

guage reads in Bars but yes.

venom

no.

240SicknessX said:
What about injector O-rings, when you installed them what lubricant did you use so they would seat correctly?

dose the engine rev freely in neutral, clean? any stumbles or lag?

What heat range plugs are you using?

I think the absolutely worst thing you can do is try to install a standalone management system on a car that is not working correctly to fix the problem.

yupp, inj. o-rings are good, lubed them when i installed them, and pulled htem out and they are perfect.

everything about the car runs perfect, just rich.

not sure, i have tried every plug available. iridium's, coppers, now i have stock sr iridiums and it runs best on those.

but i called enjuku today(i couldnt get a hold of them this weekend)

heres the deal.

enthalpy tunes, well of course they are just a base map, so sometimes the car runs perfect(i thought they always ran perfect), sometimes they run a bit lean/rich(in my case way rich).

enjuku suggests tuning on a dyno with safc to make it perfect.(they dont tell you this before you buy the tune, lol.)

XAT can just reburn/reflash the ecu on the dyno for $250(what im going to do). so $750 for tuning and dyno time all together isnt that bad.

hopefully if anyone else has this problem they will find this thread.

Back
Top Bottom