Bov..?????????

Bro quit stating the obvious. No shit you'll get a compression surge w0000 big fucking woop. Your little 20 year old turbo will take a shit on you because of other stupid reasons regardless. Your seals will take a shit before the compressor shatters anyways so fuck it. Be a man and rock no BOV. If the Japs do it, you know its cool.

y u so mad for?

everyone knows you dont "need" a bov, and everyone knows it sounds cool. but it is bad for your turbo regardless. i mean, its not just gonna blow up immediately, but it puts unneeded stress on it and will reduce its lifespan by probably 1/2. and that is a proven fact!

lol..well i think its my BOV..
this wll be the 2nd egay greddy rs bov it 2 yrs...

lol..well i think its my BOV..
this wll be the 2nd egay greddy rs bov it 2 yrs...

Well look for some one selling a name brand one on here for the price range. Most eBay BOVs work fine if you only wanted to have like 5 or 6 lbs. of boost but aren't made to handle any real numbers. Their is a lot of good stuff on eBay but some things you still get what you payed for.

If you do go no bov which is never recommended, put the air filter as close to the turbo as possible.

That makes no sense and is not true at all. Most of us have a MAF on the intake and for that MAF to operate correctly, it needs to be at least 3 feet from the turbo.

Uh yeah a venting BOV is unnecessary. It also makes the car run rich if you don't recirculate (which most people don't) but the bonus of that is the occasional fireball which always puts a smile on my face. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Most of us have a MAF on the intake and for that MAF to operate correctly, it needs to be at least 3 feet from the turbo.

i have never seen a maf more than like a foot and a 1/2 away from the turbo on any sr or ka-t

Shit maybe its a foot and a half then. Either way, the suggestion was terrible and should be avoided - there needs to be distance. When I first went top mount, i had all kinds of MAF issues b/c it was too close and created turbulence. It was about a foot then.

Back
Top Bottom