Driver
So first off here's the setup
Blacktop sr20det
Rci 12gal fuel cell with foam
-8AN feed and return lines
Factory fuel rail with -8AN fittings welded onto it
Aeromotive A1000-6 fpr
Stock 370cc injectors

Try to start and it either gets too much fuel and floods or starts and breaks up when revved. The fpr is set to right around 43psi. Which I'm told is stock. Now being that the feed and return lines are bigger than stock do I have to lower the pressure? Or is it another issue?

those fuel lines are like pretty big. Might be an issue with the fuel pressure in a -8 line is like a lot more than a -6 or whatever stock is. Idk man. Im a terrible scientist.

I haven't really been able to test the injectors properly because I kinda don't want to do it with just myself waiting for a friend to swing by. I set the fpr with the vac line off and just the fuel pump on

Top left is return, top right is vent, bottom is feed.

To the rail then exit the rail to fpr then return to tank

Everything looks correct from where im sitting... Have you started the car and set the fuel pressure while it was running? just wondering if that would yield different results? Also are you running Z32 mafs or stock? Wiring custom? Checked for boost and vac leaks?

It should still run even if your lines are backwards, you'd just build up a lot of pressure in the tank. I'd done this on my stock tank and when I'd remove the gas cap it would blast out air and the vent would be leaking gas, but it ran fine. Stupid question but have you removed the plugs and wire brushed them and let them sit, unplugged the fuel pump and turned it over dry and let it sit?

Yeah I've ran it dry then when I put everything back to start it, It runs then dies

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 AM ----------

Going to get new plugs today and see what happens

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Won't run long enough to set fpr while running. Wiring is all custom but with factory engine harness. Stock maf

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orw9s4FfiAQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 AM ----------

Ok I took the rail up with the injectors in it and primed a few times... The rail/injectors aren't leaking. I changed the spark plugs. Put all new Ngk bkr7e's in. Still will not start. I'm thinking the motor isn't grounded good enough

The only ground that's on it is a wire running from the injector ground to a bare metal spot behind the passenger side strut tower

That's what I'm thinking I only know of one ground strap that I found on the back of the motor. I put it on the firewall where I took it down the the metal. The battery is in the trunk and negative terminal going to the body

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Don't think the plugs were helping too much

Back
Top Bottom