Bill Sherman.

Juana-Some-Peeksa-600x450.jpg

Back to the sway bars thing (lawl) and to try to articulate the opposition's argument; I think what they were tying to say is that stiffer springs, dampers, and swaybars increase weight transfer. That weight transfer translates into more load on the outside tires (and less on the inside tires). The friction/load to grip ratio increases only until a certain point where it eventually rolls off. The slip angle of the tire also increases with greater load. On top of that, the inside tire's decreased load minimizes inside grip. So are sway bars the enemy? No more than stiffer springs, roll cages, wider wheels, wider tires, stickier compounds, increased damping, lowered cg, etc etc. Its all about balance, which is why I said that if removing the swaybar improves your car's dynamics, go for it. But to discredit the part and brush it off as a grip eliminator is equivalent to brushing off the benefits of any aftermarket suspension component. So yeah, burn your bars. :) And if you all want to run a simple test at the track, all you have to do is disconnect one endlink and its the same as running no swaybar on that end.

I met "Hachi Bill" at DDAY 1 where he had this like 400HP ka s13 w/NO ANTS in blue electrical tape on the side of his car,we were like no way, he was like yea way, the days when the SR bandwagon started and high HP ka's were rare. He was amazing then and is amazing now. Deff hats of to him.

I met "Hachi Bill" at DDAY 1 where he had this like 400HP ka s13 w/NO ANTS in blue electrical tape on the side of his car,we were like no way, he was like yea way, the days when the SR bandwagon started and high HP ka's were rare. He was amazing then and is amazing now. Deff hats of to him.

NutSwinger-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom