big problem, need help asap

i dontt hink he ever ran the engine.... atf you say... ummm anyone want to bring me atf lol i have no car.... i took it out last night late while there was no one out and yea its pretty nasty.... rick or dan or anyone if you all want to drive it your selfs be my guest.... it doesnt smell sweet so i dunno what it could be....

go take a $H:T for like 2 hour and it will hit you. Your $H:T will be running prefect after the $H:T!!!!!
That what I do....lol

FindJDM_s14 said:
go take a $H:T for like 2 hour and it will hit you. Your $H:T will be running prefect after the $H:T!!!!!
That what I do....lol

tried that and no luck..... it smells like oil so i dunno.....

slide-ways-for-five-days said:
white smoke can also be raw un-burnt fuel. i still say the distributer is off.

the engine runs fine while its in the rpm range, responsive and revs freely to redline. I dont think the distributor is off.

the only fuel that burns white is diesel

im going to have to rip the engine apart... while i was taking the cam off today i droped the washer.... so yea im going to just pull it again and redo it... it also looks that the intake cam is one link off so i need to rotate it counter clock wish and also the exaust cam is of half a link too..... its leaking from the head gasket so i wanted to make sure that the head studs where torqued down right and withing spec.... well no i have alot more to do.... looks like i wont be out for a while....

Lets help drez!

Hey all, I can provide the location (my place) to pull the car apart. I have plenty of room out back, chairs, and lots of beer. Anyone willing to come give him a hand if we can coordinate a day?

check spark plug wires, and make sure its at TDC..sounds like thats the problem..if the engine turns and you can smell the gas then theres a good chance the timing is off by a few degrees..play with the timing and im sure you'll get it going

drez said:
thanks jsmply that would be kool.... have we ever met.... lol....

Lol ya, I'm the marine that was stationed with you in Baltimore that you kept trying to convince to try new things in the shower. For the millionth time, not cool man. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness bro, lets get a day organized to get your motor running. :bigthumbu I'll volunteer the space, we'll make sure we have beer and we'll get you sliding again.

Cmon guys, lets get some volunteers. Free beer! I've got a decent amount of space in case anyone else wants to do some fluid changes or whatever else while you are there.

Back
Top Bottom