big problem, need help asap

Everything was connected good, Idk what else it might be, it acts like a vacuum leak(everything is plugged up or connected though) but sounds like a misfire when you rev it. maybe an injector???

See if u can get any codes from the ecu? Do you let the car warm up? At normal operating temperature do u still need to rev it up or, will it idle on its own?

If u do the timing again this time get a long ass extension or multiple ones. Take off the #1 Spark plug and as your turning the crank manually and getting close to 20. Stick the extension in the spark plug hole so that its touching the top of the piston. Now as your turning the motor keep a hand on the extension as it will start moving up as u get closer to TDC (20). Once u pass TDC the extension should start going down. When u feel it move down stop, youve passed it so go back a bit and play with it till u get it precise.

Are you putting the distributor in with the rotor facing 1?

i think the problem lies somewhere between the steering wheel n the drivers seat.... LOL yo get that thing running already n lets do some sliding! PM ME ur number when u ready. Goodluck

i called u yesterday and left a message lmk if you needs the help mhen

ok well im going to check the timing on the chain.... what am i looking for.... what is the process for setting the timing there... i am also going to remove the egr valve and seal it up... also i am going to seal every vac line there is... ...

on a side note i got the car to trn on (againj holding the gas) but i set the idle at about 1000 so it will stay on on its own for about 2 minutes but it smells like its running rich as hell.... could the distributer be bad and its not getting a good spark...

yea it should be good....lol.... it revs past 3000 no prob.... i dunno like i said im going to get some jb weld now and remove the egr and all other vac lines and im going to check the timing chain.

mabe you distributer is timed wrong turn the car on loosen the two bolts on it and rotate it doth ways till the idle sounds good

and put a balloon on where you cheak the oil with the stick to see if you have any blow by

another thing is just to be shour just swap your mafe with one of your boys to cansel that out cheak your plugs and if they smell like gas your not buning it then cheak you ignition coil are you shour that the wires are on right and when you did the timing the motor was on tdc and so was the distributor right???????

im pulling thwe engine tomorrow to make sure everything is right.... it has to be a vac leak... the distributer is good. any info on how to set the timing chains....

look at jim wolf technologies website. He has a tutorial for installing camshafts which will tell you what is correct for timing camshafts (factory). Try to find a FSM. Check on a few sites, NICO, FA, zilvia for a free downloadable factory service manual, which will cover entire timing chain installation.

jtw site under tech section.

yea i already saw that... that what i used.... also i have a question where are the timing marks on the chain itself... worst comes to worst im going to use the timing chain in my blown motor because i can mark that one... i checked the vavle cover last night and i see the marking on the cam sprokets but no mark on any links.....

ok well i got the car to turn on now.... without having to give it gas but it still idles kind of funny.... well i took it around the block and i got about 150 feet before it started to shot white smoke.... dont know why but yea it started to shoot it out the exaust nasty style..... any insight.... white smoke is oil right.... black is fuel and blue is water.... or do i have water and oil mixed up... it was enough smoke to cover my whole street.... dan, ali and rick seen my street... two lanes wide worth of smoke....

hey man wher do u live off of dykes and what?? cause i live near dykes maby tommarow i can come over and help out or something

at the end of dykes...... south of miramar pkwy..... im going to add some oil treatment and see if it helps.... i plan on changing the oil asap so it cant hurt... i dunno if maybe its because the engine hasnt run in a while it needs some time to refresh it self....

auroras13 said:
white is water blue is oil blak is gasolina!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for gasoline engines that is. Coolant smells sweet.

try putting a little atf in the cylinders, like 1-1 1\2 oil caps and try to dislodge those stuck rings.

although the engine was rebuilt with a headgasket, did killakev ever run the engine after assembling it?

got air in the radiator ? is radiator coolant level dropping ?

Back
Top Bottom