Best coilovers for under $1000?

when it comes to coil overs its important to go with quality...

look into companies like tein, i like stance, jic, hell even bc racing.

Id stay away from godspeed.

Do not buy god speed, Megan, ksport or similar coils.

Spend a little more and go with Pbm, stance, bc or even the Isis v2 when they come out pending some reviews first. got a little sneak peak of them and this week and much better quality though until some people have them on their cars can't say what they will really be like. For the extra money you are getting a far better suspension.

Last edited:
because its shit parts
stop being a jew and get real coilovers, when it comes down to important parts, you cant cheap out

I haven't had a problem with my megans and been daily/tracking it for almost 2 years. Got them for $900 shipped. For daily, a bit bumpy if you don't lower dampening to street settings, but nothing major. I bought the track series, so higher spring rates, the street series are just as good though, especially if you plan to daily the car more then track it.

Tracks -
http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=43&catid=32

Streets -
http://www.meganracing.com/product_detail.asp?prodid=90&catid=31

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with them I had streets then tracks on my old s14 and they were fine but then I got stances and realized how awful the Megan's really are they are bouncy for a daily and on the track the bounce let to not having the control I had with stance.

---------- Post added at 06:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

i have freinds with megan tracks, 900$, and they love it, idky people hate all over megan products

Most people who like their Megan's don't know better cuz they have never had anything better

i'm wondering the same as the OP. but im sick of reading everyone badmouth parts without having tried them first. i have run some cheap stuff on my car that works awesome, so could we get some input from people that have actually tried that product.

I have had Megan street, Megan track, ksport, tien basics, stance gr+pro, and now powered by Max pro. The Megan's and ksports I thought they were great at the time but just cuz I didnt know better at the time now after having something better I wouldn't run the Megan's if they were free.

I'm in the market for a pair of coilovers for my s13. Looking for something that's daily-able but at the same time strong enough to take to the track when need be. Anyone have any experience with godspeeds?

Do to that statement just get D2, Megans, ISIS, K-Sports. Your not doing any serious competition. So get something decent that gets the job done, I had D2 coil overs and they were good for what they were. Rodd on here has/had D2 coils also and I like them too.

i have the megan tracks, ive been dailying them for a couple months (on hialeah streets lol). they havent given me any problems or anything and they go pretty low on my s14, but im not gonna lie its a pretty rough ride

if pbm made coils for my car i would buy them in a second, they're as cheap as the crappy brands but they have a great reputation.

in my car i have tein super drift, no one who ever rides my car believes the spring rates 10k front 8k rear, rides great, not too stiff no bouncing.

The place the money goes is the dampening in the shock. If search you will see numerous people that have put these on shock dynos, I'm talking megan or godspeed, and no difference in dampening from 1 click to 32. On my teins you can actually tell the difference between soft and stiff.

Just for the ride, spend the money.

i feel like no one on this site rocks fortune auto coilovers. you can make your own spring rate although 7/6k is recommended. but you can tell them what you want. and its 1k shipped. ive slammed into curbs going 50mph sideways. car jumped 4ft in air. no damage to coilovers at all. things are beast. benarovi can vouch for my curb ownage. :bigthumbu

---------- Post added at 11:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

PBM is extremely overrated. INB4thepbmfanboissayotherwise

in before the fanboys say otherwise. hmm have you seen what trophy you won?

Back
Top Bottom