Beginners Guide to Drifting

well comeing from a nood (me) every video, comment, ride along, and meet is great help!!! and it doesnt hurtt that u guys r friendly...well most of u lol

everything iv read on here iv done it twice or 3 times...but u can only read and watch so much stuff...u gotta take what u get, and apply it to get a result!!! for the other noods lol stop reading and go have fun!

at the meets of corse, the streets r a hard and dangerous place hahahah

Ok tire pressure. ive seen alot of people never even think about it so

if your car is underpowered add pressure to the rear
if you car understeers too much loose pressure in the front
IMO a good way to start is 32psi all around then ajust from there
and remember the more tire presure u have the less sidewall flex which makes for a feel of a more ridgid chassis.

hope this helps

c^^ another thing to learn lol but something i havent seen on here is about stretchin tires and how that can eliminate some wall flex for better grip......

Ok tire pressure. ive seen alot of people never even think about it so

if your car is underpowered add pressure to the rear
if you car understeers too much loose pressure in the front
IMO a good way to start is 32psi all around then ajust from there
and remember the more tire presure u have the less sidewall flex which makes for a feel of a more ridgid chassis.

hope this helps

i use to run 60-70 psi in the rear of my supra to lessin the sidewall flex worked great but can be dangerous cause they hotter the tires got they looked like they were gonna explod

c^^ another thing to learn lol but something i havent seen on here is about stretchin tires and how that can eliminate some wall flex for better grip......

it actually lowers the height of the tire slightly. stretching the tire forces the sidewalls out and are under tension already and therefore less or maby even no flex on an extreme stretch

ill let you slide mine anytime....if i ever get it towed to the shop and finished.

oh and proper technique> then any modification. ive seen people with sick ass setups not understand shit about how to drive a car and what to do with it when it does get sideways or when it won't get sideways. Single cam w/ lsd and springs with shitty tires and i can still shit on plenty of people with awesome setups. I like helping people learn how to drift. Its not always about teaching them on a professional level. its about teaching them the first proper initiations and timing and throttle control and it clicks "holy shit i can do this" I love when people get it.

uh oh another fortmyersracing guy. whats up? and thx to everyone else for this thread im learning a ton! cant wait to get a 240 and learn some of this stuff

fwd- means no u cant drift!!

but u can slide.....i consider sliding a drift because ive seen people that slide for a long time like the rwd do on a fwd car just waaaay harder to do it.....i started sliding in a fwd car and then caught on a rwd car and just found it easier to drift......

only follow this rule in competition setting really...
loosing entry speed for one yes but i've seen many people over due the manji and have to correct/slow WAY down, or simply spin out, costing them the whole run.

demo is fine to do it and crowds love it

Back
Top Bottom