Battery Relocation

Kenrik said:
Well it's not made for automotive, But electric wire is electric wire if it's the same guage/strand thickness, the guy was just an idiot.

apparently, i think there was something wrong with him cuz he kept saying he doesnt give a f**k what i do with it and he said shouldnt i be out chasing pussy and holding beers, and i said that was last night, but yea he was weird, but anyways, back on topic what should i do with the red thing that connects to the positive side with the plugs?

You have to hook it up or your car will not start... (it also powers the headlights) it's not that hard... some crimpible copper ends from the parts store and a bolt should do it.

Last edited:
ONE80ESSEX said:
apparently, i think there was something wrong with him cuz he kept saying he doesnt give a f**k what i do with it and he said shouldnt i be out chasing pussy and holding beers, and i said that was last night, but yea he was weird, but anyways, back on topic what should i do with the red thing that connects to the positive side with the plugs?
i kno evry1 said go here and there for cable but dude i went to discount and counted 12 feet of battery cable and cut it and got it for lik 10 bucks ;)

Kenrik said:
You have to hook it up or your car will not start... (it also powers the headlights) it's not that hard... some crimpible copper ends from the parts store and a bolt should do it.

so what should i do with it? extend that wire too? what did u do with yours?

ONE80ESSEX said:
so what should i do with it? extend that wire too? what did u do with yours?
connect yur new wire to yur old terminal wire.I used closed loop connectors and bolted mine together and then wrapped it in elec tape

awesome thread by the way. Does this bring a lot more response in performance, cooler air ey. Why do they even put the filter next to the headers in the first place?

TheBurntDrifter said:
connect yur new wire to yur old terminal wire.I used closed loop connectors and bolted mine together and then wrapped it in elec tape

tru, thats what i did....i got everything going good, im just connecting some hoses and cleanin **** up and ill be done, everything else seems to going fine, but yea for me this is not as easy as kenrik said it was lol....this **** is hell cuz i had to do some custom **** but puttin the battery in the back was pretty much the easiest part, the intake part is a whole nother story...i started at like 2 and its like 4 30 now...but i shud be done by 5, hope everything turns out good, and it is pretty ghetto, ill take some pics when im done

suaknee said:
awesome thread by the way. Does this bring a lot more response in performance, cooler air ey. Why do they even put the filter next to the headers in the first place?

yea man this thread is blowin up lol.....but yea idk i think its sopposed to give you more response, and it shud give colder air b/c it does make sense that it would. Ill let u know

TheBurntDrifter said:
i kno evry1 said go here and there for cable but dude i went to discount and counted 12 feet of battery cable and cut it and got it for lik 10 bucks ;)
plus one, discount auto, or advanced, w/e its called

ONE80ESSEX said:
yea man this thread is blowin up lol.....but yea idk i think its sopposed to give you more response, and it shud give colder air b/c it does make sense that it would. Ill let u know
from what i heard it'll b good on low end but yur topend is def not there cause u hav no intake tube,lik how u putta cold air intake ona car and it gets better topend.eitehr way its what yur lookn for u kno? u wanna be quik or u wanna b fast?I was gonna do this mod eon's ago when i drove ka but i gotta aem intake and it was unstopable haha :D

Ok well i just finished, all 3 hrs of it :eek: ........ the only thing now is that it idles at 1600 and idk how to adjust the idle so if any one knows let me know.......well heres some pictures

notice the 0 gauge going into the whole where the ECU wiring goes
sri002.jpg

sri001.jpg

and heres how my battery sits, i still need to hold it down but that involves drilling wholes so ill just bunji it down for now
sri003.jpg

thanks for everyones help, i really appreciate it, and hopefully this thread should be useful in the future for others

intake lookz good bro,better then i thought.most peepz dont even use a tube that long good stuff.a lil engine degreaser and yur set ;)

TheBurntDrifter said:
intake lookz good bro,better then i thought.most peepz dont even use a tube that long good stuff.a lil engine degreaser and yur set ;)

thanks man, its actually the stock piping lol but yea engine degreaser would definetly be a good investment, my exhaust side is worse :rolleyes:

ONE80ESSEX said:
thanks man, its actually the stock piping lol but yea engine degreaser would definetly be a good investment, my exhaust side is worse :rolleyes:
Phillis is a monster :D

The IACV is on your intake and you can adjust it with a flathead screw driver.. turning it to the left lowers the idle turning it to the right highers it.

It was a very easy mod for me but then again I have the KA24E and the whole intake area is quite different (more open)

yeah i have that same problem my 240, i just did a 98' engine swap 2day and my car idles around 1500 rpm i'll fix it 2morrow i'm 2 tired and it's 2dark 2 see the engine bay right now. Good tip on that battery relocation i'll do it 2morrow.

Kenrik said:
The IACV is on your intake and you can adjust it with a flathead screw driver.. turning it to the left lowers the idle turning it to the right highers it.

It was a very easy mod for me but then again I have the KA24E and the whole intake area is quite different (more open)

where exactly is that valve? cuz ive heard about it but i dont know exactly where it is

RICKY SILEIGHTY said:
yeah i have that same problem my 240, i just did a 98' engine swap 2day and my car idles around 1500 rpm i'll fix it 2morrow i'm 2 tired and it's 2dark 2 see the engine bay right now. Good tip on that battery relocation i'll do it 2morrow.

really? i have a 98 in my s13 too and i didnt have that problem, what ecu do you have in and what wiring harness?

suaknee said:
looks good. damn man is that clay sand in your engine bay. I hope you get the idle right.

yea man its dirt from ocala lol from DD7 and 8

Man I missed a lot being away for a week. Took me forever to read this whole thread. Yeah man nice job on your setup. Lets not have another problem like before lol. You should also find something to tie the battery down with, you can also go with a smaller, lighter battery like I told you when you came over that one time. I gotta get my car up and running again so I could chill with you guys. Oh yeah call me up on a "rainy day." :D

On the SOHC the IACV is on the very back of the top part of the ECCS, I really don't know where it is on the DOHC but it's somewhere on the intake and it has two wires hooked upto it.

Back
Top Bottom