86 corolla tryna choose a swap

definetly nice link z_three_two and to add to what everybody has said. ae86 where im from are rare to see on the street let alone kickin any ass...lol i bought the car so i can havesomething rare in good shape that would only be messin the ass kickin part. i wanna do a swap so i can slide the 86 but also go to the local meet and whop some honda ass. i been in lehigh for about 5 years probably more and NEVER have i seen a 86 rip up a gsr teggy or anything like that. thats why i want the swap if i were worried bout how original it is i would jus keep it in a garage and go out and buy another one. thats jus my idea on it i know alot of u will think thats dumb but what can i say.... u cant make everyone happy

do yourself a favor ditch the 4ag, tranny's are crap and
it's just a plain OLD motor, technology wise.
you will end up spending less if you go KA or SR, i speak from
experience.

thing is i bought an sr 240 not to long ago and ended up snappin a vavle spring. i mean i haven't heard anything bad bout ka's about how much can i pick one up for and what do i need???

thing is i bought an sr 240 not to long ago and ended up snappin a vavle spring. i mean i haven't heard anything bad bout ka's about how much can i pick one up for and what do i need???

i dunno where u ppl get this info that SR's are bad.....they are reliable as hell jus like any other motor that u take care of.......I like SR's over KA's because they are boosted from factory and nothing beats factor........SR is a simple way to make more power an be happy while doing it..

only bad thing bout ka's is rod knock will sneak up on you and get you every time. there old shitty motors thatswhat happens.

well yea thats true if you goin for originality youd barely drive the thing i say hit up u pull n pic up a ka from there bro that should be enough for that lil corolla you remember the race u n me had my ka against your b16 ef n that was in the heavy s13 body imagine in the 86 body

so i can do the swap for under 1000 and it will be jus as fast as my old bseries hatch i think i have mad my final decision....lol ka for sure. anyone got a link to everything that needs to be done cause i just might start this swap this weekend

Most of the KA swaps i've seen have been nig rigged. No speedo, hacked up 240sx crossmember, banged out tranny tunnel, etc. But w/e i've said all im going to say, do what you want

Back
Top Bottom