3 things you (dis)liked about OSW?

Lets keep this on topic please! I don't want this to turn into a heated argument at all. I'm only bringing this up because I've spectated a few OSW events in the past, and was wondering what everyone else liked or disliked about the track.

List them in whatever order you want. All three things can be dislikes or likes, or you can list a mix of them as long as you post three ... Okay, four AT MOST

Here are mine ..

1. I liked the fact that there were bleachers everywhere and that you could walk around the track to get better views of the drifting.
2. I thought the driver fee was a little pricey.
3. It didn't feel that welcoming.

This ones my major dislike and what turned me off most about OSW ..
4. I got called out on for taking photos and sharing them online once,
then was threatened to be banned from ever going to another event if I didn't take my pics down.

Last edited:
1. The old track manager. He's gone now, so that's not a worry.
2. The pricing was dead on. Cfrc is just super cheap.
3. Osw was awesome and I'd love to go back.

1 track is super smooth best bank track in fl (as far as conditon goes. i do have more fun on desoto bank even though i still think im going to crash.).
2 always had cool people never had problems.
3 price was 60 i believe and was super fair. At those times we where paying 100 at every faigrounds event.

1. I loved the osw times. People seemed to be more excited, we always partied before and after events, there was way less drama, and I feel like the overall camaraderie was much better.
2. In comparision to cfrc, there was definitely way less advertising. Besides floridadrift and Josh, Jason, Pat and I getting really drunk in 07 and driving to all the fuel slut meets to hand out flyers, that was about it getting the word around. Less spectator count, and way more seat time for the drivers. Yes, Dom is gone. And even though he was a family friend of my grandpa's, some shady shit went down. I'm pretty confident that if anything were to start up under the new ownership, it would be ran properly.
3. Seating was never an issue for spectators. VV cfrc is definitely lacking in that respect.
l_182e4e8581133f29319fb5613afefa42.jpg

Basically, I <3 OSW.

I ran the first successful series of events at OSW.

1. I hated that the track owners/managers/officials could careless about the drifting they just wanted their wallets to get fatter.

2. I hated the fact that with just a little bit more pavement in the right spots and it could have been a real killer track but the owner was unwilling to make it happen and we even tried to pay for it and he said no.

3. I hated that 4 years ago all anyone ever did was bitch about Ovals and cars getting trashed into the wall.

4. I hated that they repaved the inside and didn't bother to round out the edges or get rid of the huge pot holes on the edges. Aka Subframe breakers.

5. I hate more then anything that when we setup the first events everyone was jumping on the bandwagon but when it time to get the leg work done no one was to found, and I got stuck doing all the work.

That place needs to never have a drift event again unless they pave the parking lot out front.

With all do respect for the "elders" so to speak, I doubt they'll be digging a kayak fishing friendly lake there anytime soon.

Only thing I didn't like was lack of infield pavement, everything else was awesome. Drove my first event there, and met tons of awesome people. They don't have whataburger down the street anymore though...

edit: you ain't from the south if you don't like banked ovals!

Last edited:
With all do respect for the "elders" so to speak, I doubt they'll be digging a kayak fishing friendly lake there anytime soon.

Pat if they paved the parking lot out front my FC would be done and I'd be out there whooping on you young lads. Till there is a decent place to drive with more then 2 turns I'll keep to winning fishing tournaments! :)

1. most hated is its not open to run
2. seems everyone loves the track but I don't have the connections to get it running.
3. ya the track in field needs some tighting up but that could worked out.
I have called osw 3-4 times in the last 3 months and no calls back.
please if you have the connects lets see if we can get it back...
cfrc is stepping up to the plate for the central Florida drifting
more is always better.

Pat if they paved the parking lot out front my FC would be done and I'd be out there whooping on you young lads. Till there is a decent place to drive with more then 2 turns I'll keep to winning fishing tournaments! :)

Cfrc is legit. 2 turns or not. Gnarly fast entries and the "2" turns are big enough you're on power abunch.
Osw oval is just fine. Plenty of different track setups to choose from, and I talked to the people earlier this year and it's alllll new management.

I have a lot of memories at that track. Its where I first started learning how to drift. It's also where I first crashed.

I didn't like the lack of pavement in the infield. Desoto is better in that respect. But OSW was definitely in better shape with smooth pavement.

The old management was definitely an issue. Dom liked hitting on the girls.. And he never did what he promised to do.

I did get a random jacket with my name on it though. I thought it was interesting that they spend money giving out fire proof jackets rather than paving the infield...

-
1. Dom's "safety/donation meetings" that went on for days.
2. The lack of care/ leaving huge rocks and debris on the track before the day started.
3. big old holes on edges of track so when you drop tire- you DROP tire.

+
1. its smooth
2. it was a good group of people to hang out with
3. learned to scare myself next to a wall really good

Last edited by a moderator:
i hate the fact that ....

.... i havent been there yet.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

-
1. Dom's "safety/donation meetings" that went on for days.
2. The lack of care/ leaving huge rocks and debris on the track before the day started.
3. big old holes on edges of track so when you drop tire- you DROP tire.

+
1. its smooth
2. it was a good group of people to hang out with
3. learned to scare myself next to a wall really good

YouTube - XAT Racing.com's Jason Jiovani @ OSW

YouTube - OSW 1/08

fuck yeh Megadeth!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom