$25k Spending limit

Leo said:
If you had a $25k what new car would you get and why?BTW no superchargers, turbos, & anything above a Inline 4 My spending limit on a new car just got bumped :bigthumbu . Choices are:
1. Altima Coupe 2.5S 6spd NOO
2. Honda Civic Sedan NOOO
3. Sentra SE-R Spec V NoOO

:D

S13 Slide said:
wait for the nissan/toyota/bmw cheap rwd cars, the 1eries is sopsoe to start at about 20Grand for the now turbo model. mercedes is making one now but its uglya s sin.
I could afford the car but since it's a bimmer insurance will cost more.

how the hell do you pronounce the name lol said:
Camaro SS or Z28.... insurance isn't expensive.. PM me for details
No... :ugh:

BoostedKouki said:
98' Kouki
I already have a S14 in the same color... :cool:

z28_scorpio said:
if you get a civic make sure its an SI
OF COURSE :bigthumbu

So this is the car that's in Guillermo's sig. I always thought it was a photoshopped 3-series. It looks like a $25k car but I dont exactly want to spend all $25k.
http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/futurevehicles/new1?source=NEW1FVTOPNAV

I'm liking that 1 series more and more. Panty dropper ftw lol :bigthumbu . Its tough man I guess a Civic Si.

$$$ from sale of S14+additional money saved= nice down payment. A cheap rwd car powered by a I-6 catches my interest. Time to cross over the BMW side again :bigthumbu

The Redline 03 said:
Its tough man I guess a Civic Si.
It got tougher...now I know that 1 series is packing heat at a nice price :eek: . Worth the wait...unless nissan comes up w/a sequel to the silvia in spring 2008 :laugh:

If I were to buy a new car it would be the 1 series, slam it and put some sick wheels on it. . .VIP and panty dropper sounds good for a daily :D .

im done with bimmers, i got one and its a pain in the ass/wallet for fuckin maintanance. If it wasnt for the one i got now i would have had my z months ago i pray for my little bros wallet when he gets it.

I suggest you get insurance quotes on all the cars you are considering. verts are not that expensive to insure, they fall under the same bracket as pretty much every car that has been mentioned here (except the mazda 3).

I;m pretty sure that insurance for the Miata, would be about the same if not less than a Civic Si. Civics are still on the top 10 most stolen cars in america, and all insurance companies know this... Miata's aren't there.

ever thought of a Solstice or a Sky?

FallenAngel said:
I suggest you get insurance quotes on all the cars you are considering. verts are not that expensive to insure, they fall under the same bracket as pretty much every car that has been mentioned here (except the mazda 3).

I;m pretty sure that insurance for the Miata, would be about the same if not less than a Civic Si. Civics are still on the top 10 most stolen cars in america, and all insurance companies know this... Miata's aren't there.

ever thought of a Solstice or a Sky?
Consumer Guide dictates the Solstice unreliable...they didn't have enough data for the Sky but I'm sure it would be the same. I like the MX-5 since it's a vert, rwd, I-4, and faster than a SI which has more hp than the mx-5 :eek: .

Leo said:
Consumer Guide dictates the Solstice unreliable...they didn't have enough data for the Sky but I'm sure it would be the same. I like the MX-5 since it's a vert, rwd, I-4, and faster than a SI which has more hp than the mx-5 :eek: .
what does having more 'hit points' have to do with speed??? XD

Only car worth around $25K its an EVO. New SI if you can get it for $20K OTD or but a used S2000 for under $20 and is like driving a new one for $34K. Insurens is the same as an IS300 or any other car. My bro just got an S2000 and insuranse is less then the Lexus.

S13SilviaCoupe said:
Only car worth around $25K its an EVO. New SI if you can get it for $20K OTD or but a used S2000 for under $20 and is like driving a new one for $34K. Insurens is the same as an IS300 or any other car. My bro just got an S2000 and insuranse is less then the Lexus.
he makes a good point! plus the s2k is fun as hell to drive. handles great and gets pretty decent mpg considering its a sports car. plus theyz sexay! X3

jakeishness said:
what does having more 'hit points' have to do with speed??? XD
Hit points? Heres a 0-60 and 1/4 times for both:
MX-5:170HP- 6.7- 15.3@90MPH
27HP GAP :eek:
SI: 197HP- 7.0- 15.4@94MPH

Leo said:
Hit points? Heres a 0-60 and 1/4 times for both:
MX-5:170HP- 6.7- 15.3@90MPH
27HP GAP :eek:
SI: 197HP- 7.0- 15.4@94MPH
i see i see! but i was just being a huge douche bag and using the "even tho the si has more hp" and using hp for hit points instead of horse power or whatever! i'm just being a dumbass dont mind me! XDD

Reason why I would consider a new car is 1: WARRANTY!!! and 2: I'll be the only driver that car had.
Why did you guys show me the 1 series. It's stuck on my mind!!! I'm sure w/ taxes and everything (has to be stick) it'll prolly be around 27k but you think it's worth extra $2k

MX-5 > Si due to weight diff. Si is heavy, and Miata's are just over 1 ton dry weight. I have a 1st gen and the title says it weights 2234lbs.

Leo said:
I was actually considering the new MX-5 especially since it's a rwd vert that's faster than a SI but since it's convertale insurance must be high. :mad:

$89 A MONTH BUDDY! I got a 94 Miata.

How old are you, whats your history like? What insurance company are you with right now? Have you even called insurance companies for quotes?

I went from paying $264 a month PIP on a Camry...to paying $164 a month with a diff Camry and my Miata. Full coverage is what gets ya man.

Back
Top Bottom