24 hours of LeMons

BLADDER_MASTER

is no more
Apparently they're having a race down here at PBIR on December 30-31, 2010. If you don't know what this race is about, read the following:

The 24 Hours of LeMons is restricted to cars that were purchased, fixed up, and track-prepped for total of $500 or less. At most venues, the racing consists of tech inspection and track testing on Friday; long-ass endurance-race sessions on Saturday and Sunday; and breaks for sleeping, eating, and Band-Aid application every night. At least once a year, we also hold a straight 24-hour endurance race. Count on plenty of noise, prizes, water fights, and questionably civilized fun before, during, and after the track sessions. Finally, assuming you're still standing, there's the gala awards ceremony which presents trophies, plaques, and winner's purses paid out in nickels.

Everything you need to know about the race and how to enter can be found here:

http://www.24hoursoflemons.com/

And yes I know it's more than a year away, but if you're planning on racing at this event, this gives you more than enough time to get yourself ready for it.

his car wont run for 24 hrs it can barely make an event lol

looks like fun wish i had a 500 car ???

Last edited:
^ well you have a year for it! im really interested. maybe racing a coupe or a hatch :O

Jackson, if you do enter you can't be the only one driving.

5.1: Definition of Team: Each team must consist of one car and four to six drivers. (That means four drivers minimum, six drivers maximum. Seriously: Why do you chumps keep on asking?) There is no limit on non-driving crew members, friends, cheerleaders, pizza-delivery boys, osteopathic surgeons, etc.

Jackson, if you do enter you can't be the only one driving.

yeah i read all the rules that is why i gotta find the last driver lol.. also i did not like the fact for whatever reason they can keep your car and take you out from the race and destroy the car(after you take the safety features.. also where are you going to find a safety cage for less than 200 bucks lol for a 300 dollar car lol

yeah i read all the rules that is why i gotta find the last driver lol.. also i did not like the fact for whatever reason they can keep your car

They don't take it. They buy it from you for $500.

1.4: Claiming Race: At the end of the competition, the organizer--and nobody else, you lazy, better-car-wantin' bastids--may elect to purchase any vehicle from its owner(s) for $500. In other words, don't spend a lot on a cheater, cause if you do, you ain't gonna own it much longer.

and take you out from the race and destroy the car(after you take the safety features..)

To add to what Locko said:

1.6: Your Car May Be Destroyed at Any Time: In addition to accidents and other unfortunate boo-boos, one car may be selected by blind ballot of all teams for immediate removal and total destruction. It could be your car. It probably WILL BE your car. You'll have 30 minutes to yank out any safety items you want to rescue, and then it's toast. Them's the breaks. Don't bring it if you ain't OK with losing it.

also where are you going to find a safety cage for less than 200 bucks lol for a 300 dollar car lol

You can spend whatever you want on safety items.

# 4.2: Safety Equipment DOES NOT Count Toward $500 Total: Safety equipment described in Section 3 DOES NOT count toward the $500 total. "Safety" refers to things that can save the driver--not things that can save the car.

o 4.2.1: Beside the items and processes listed in Section 3, the following are considered safety-related and therefore exempt:
+ Wheels, tires, and brake components
+ Exhaust systems downstream of the header/exhaust manifold (NOTE: Turbos and related components are NOT exempt from the $500 limit. Nice try.)
+ Windshields and wipers. (Stock windshields, true Lexan, or circle-track mesh are acceptable; non-Lexan plastic is not acceptable.)
+ Driver comfort & information (steering wheel, shifter, gauges, pedals, cool suits, vents, heaters, radio)
+ All fuel hoses, fuel fittings, fuel filters, and related mounts
+ All fuel-system components upstream of the fuel pump, including tanks/cells, mounts, fillers, vents, etc. (NOTE: Fuel pumps, carburetors, injection pumps, computers, and individual injectors are NOT exempt from the $500 limit.)

Getting the safety equipment will be the most expensive part of your project. Which is another reason why I wanted to post this ahead of time.

^ are you going to race bladder? im definitly going to start saving 100 dollars a month for this race :)... and then to find 2 more drivers :p
im thinking as a car using a Camaro f-body... i have seen them going for 500 with nice upgrades :)

i have the perfect car already set up....

hmmm.....

i got the drivers too

hmmmmm......

this sounds intresting

Back
Top Bottom