2012 Formula Drift Pro Am West Palm Beach [RESULTS]

you are talking about the entry with Justin, that Saito was breaking and Justin had to spin out to avoid him. Justin looked pissed about that. (he did an "angry" burnout when he drove away, you could tell he was frustrated)

Is justin the one with the blue and green mustang? Yeah i could tell he was pissed when he peeled off

and im pretty sure chelsea was pissed to, cause it looked like saito brake checked his ass

a lot of people in the crowd was talking about how he was a dirty driver

It's not that he's dirty its just how a lot of japs drive. Same thing with longbeach 07 when tanned hit Tue wall initiating

you are talking about the entry with Justin, that Saito was breaking and Justin had to spin out to avoid him. Justin looked pissed about that. (he did an "angry" burnout when he drove away, you could tell he was frustrated)

JTP was talking shit to daigo in the pits after that run. Lol

Daigo isnt dirty. But that's racing. Your going to do what you got to do to win. He's D1 champion. He's gunning for the FormulaD championship and he's ruining lives in FormulaD Asia.

Daigo isnt dirty. But that's racing. Your going to do what you got to do to win. He's D1 champion. He's gunning for the FormulaD championship and he's ruining lives in FormulaD Asia.

i would imagine he was, he was killing it the entire night. I think he would have easily placed in the top 3 if it wasnt for that run

and i think its funny the consider a D1 champion a "rookie" lol

ahaha i was tempted of going to the pits to see if anything was going to happen, but didn't want to lose my spot.

Saito wasn't the only one out there brake checking thou, its just that his was a bit more out there lol

I think Daigo was brake checking really hard. Everyone he went against would mess up when they would follow him. He knows he has the power to make up for the loss of speed when over braking, so he's gonna use it. Either way, he can drive the wheels off the car. I still think JTP is gonna win the Championship at the end of the year. I've been saying that since before Long Beach. Jersey is next in 3 weeks. Let's see what goes down.

im sry to say but i think foresberg was the brake checker of the night. and saito threw it in gangsta when jtp spun. hes playing the game DA drivers have been playing for years and its time for them to get a taste of their own medicine

im sry to say but i think foresberg was the brake checker of the night. and saito threw it in gangsta when jtp spun. hes playing the game DA drivers have been playing for years and its time for them to get a taste of their own medicine

Fucking +1.

He snapped the shit outta the transition on entry... Angle = loss of speed.

Daigo most of the time would go in hard and aggressive with angle and speed, using braking to slow down not to go off line. That's where everyone would go off and screw up. Ben and Juan and a few other friends were talking about this after FD when we went to eat, Daigo is bringing that D1 style down here. Quoted from Juan, in a aspects of racing drivers try and get away with as much cheating as they can to get the win. In Japan, they have been driving like this trying to throw off the chase guy's runs to win, rather than the perfect text book runs and hope for the best.

But I still had lots of fun and I am still a fan of Daigo. I just wished Chelsea would of had some real runs in, I really wanted him to beat Daigo for FL. Also, big props to all the guys who ran pro-am, shame they still let Van Der Dick still run it in...

For the record he wasn't brake checking either. He had no ebrake since before top 32 and had to left foot brake to make up for it. And he still placed 2nd

I learned a lot of shit listening in on pits and over the walkies

Sry Ben. I'm done lol. Just don't want anyone hearing the wrong shit. Pumped for Florida! Hopefully Ill be in proam next year!

Last edited:
In the rule book it says any formula d driver ranked outside of the top 16 can compete in pro am competitions.

My mistake was getting too fast behind Doug, got checked up during transition and was like "ah shit its clobberin time" and touched brake and it just whipped me around :/

My car was driving all odd and we had rear brakes fail that we had to replace, steering noise/issues that I still don't know what they are. And lots of binding up after the outside zone... and I hit a shitton of barrels.

Can anyone confirm that we were starting up closer to turn1 than the pros? It felt like it and thats kind of BS when the first turn is so fast, I couldnt get my speed to where I wanted early enough. I was always like short shifting and BARELY getting into 4th before I had to enter. Felt all "hurry up do this" then "hurry up transition" then "fuck steering is bound" then "smooth sailing..... every damn run.

and fuck the rain for only dumping on proam except for the 4 minutes or so on pro.

Last edited:
It looked like you were starting from the same spot based on what I saw from the jumbotron. Pat was also short-shifting into 4th for the entry.

I was at Saito's hot pit when he and Justin ran. Saito was still having suspension problems from his incident with Chelsea and Justin was waiting for him at his hot pit when he came around. As he was talking to Saito the car was being lifted up to replace a rear suspension part.

With Justin in his face Saito was very apologetic and explained that he wasn't expecting that much angle which he was trying to correct for when he slowed.

I was also on the wall with Nishida who was spotting for Saito. There were def. suspension issues.

In the rule book it says any formula d driver ranked outside of the top 16 can compete in pro am competitions.

Do the Pro-am guys really care about this? Or are they are cool with it?
This just seems to be a horrible rule, this feels like sandbagging (in paintball when you are an "expert" but play in a lesser division its called sandbagging). I know Walker did it last year for one round, which is still kinda eh but it gives the pro-am guys a chance to go up against a pro....but Doug is there for every event, and he does XDC (which is where he should stay if he isn't going to run FD).

Doesn't that take prize money away from actual pro-am guys?

Once again since I'm not a driving I could be viewing this wrong, I'm just curious what the pro-am guys think?

1st sorry i sucked dudes and couldnt get fl a podium. Tryed hard those cars are reallll fast lol. Box Pat came to the line and said the start position was the same!!

1st sorry i sucked dudes and couldnt get fl a podium. Tryed hard those cars are reallll fast lol. Box Pat came to the line and said the start position was the same!!

jesus, that just means i should've shifted even shorter into 4th. thats crazy! I need to trust my motor a little more that itll spin 4th even that low in the rpms.... shouldve tipped me off when I missed 3rd and took 5th in the outerzone (for my qualifying run) and it spun the tires still HAHAHA.

<3 v8

Back
Top Bottom