2012 Formula Drift Pro Am West Palm Beach [RESULTS]

Wrecked Magazine

DougVanDenBrink-620x412.jpg

1st - Doug Van Den Brink
2nd – James Evens
3rd – Nate Hamilton

More...

love the new judging criteria. follow car can literally run over all the clipping points, make short cuts and dont even have to be sideways and win? they have re invented drifting. All week end saying follow car is allowed to run over clipping points and can take shallow angle without deductions on points. in another words follow car doesnt have to drift can make short cuts and still win??? WTF!!!!
Awesome job Bill, Jeremy and Chelsey.

love the new judging criteria. follow car can literally run over all the clipping points, make short cuts and dont even have to be sideways and win? they have re invented drifting. All week end saying follow car is allowed to run over clipping points and can take shallow angle without deductions on points. in another words follow car doesnt have to drift can make short cuts and still win??? WTF!!!!
Awesome job Bill, Jeremy and Chelsey.

dont forget the ability to go way wide and off line and slowing down almost to a complete stop so the guy behind you hits you and win

Doug has a FD license.....why do they let him race swd? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of Pro-am?

Why doesn't wreck magazine look into why they let FD licensed drivers drive Pro-am?
If they want to drive a chill event they should drive XDC since it isn't a feeder series.

Last edited:
If they want to drive chill then they should hit up skid pad and go up against Abe. Yeah I fucking said it you cute fluff ball of sin.

I was in both drivers meetings when they explained this but If lead car hits clipping points and follow car hits those same points but stays on line then it doesn't deduct points as long as follow car is on track.

Also if follow car isnt within proximity they are allowed to shallow up on angle or line temporarily to catch up to lead car. They do get deducted for this but judges are trying to push closer tandems

Follow car is also now allowed to pass if lead car is off line and the opportunity is available. As long as follow car doesn't interrupt lead cars line. So no bullying cars off track/line.

I had a blast this weekend. Sucks that Florida didn't make a sweep but good job to everyone non the less. So glad we have a pro event in Florida

Last edited:
first time going to a real event like this, and it was mad fun for sure. definatley going next year

though (correct me if im wrong), i think its BS how the lead car (saito) is allowed to slow down for no reason (not correcting or anything) to throw off the guy chasing, and not get some sort of penalty for that.

His car was sick and his driving was on point, but it seemed like that was the pattern when watching him run with different people.

He would follow like a boss and on their ass, but when it was time for him to lead, he would do some wierd ass shit so if the guy behind him was aggressive or following close, they would get thrown off because saito made it look like he was going to fuck up (almost seems like it was on purpose)

you are talking about the entry with Justin, that Saito was breaking and Justin had to spin out to avoid him. Justin looked pissed about that. (he did an "angry" burnout when he drove away, you could tell he was frustrated)

Back
Top Bottom