2010 FD Pro-Am Rule Book

your cage cant go through the fire wall but your engine can stick through it. i guess thats to accommodate tanner faust.

Either way I think thats a good rule because now the Drift Works S15 can come over here for the Red Bull World Championship and wreck shit because that car is pure badassness and it will allow people to build a lot more balanced cars. Because lets face it on a pro level 4 cylinders are a thing of the past with the exception of Cosworth race motors or the Ecotec motors and it cost too much money to make them high powered and at that point they will be less reliable so people are resorting to larger motors and most of the time that ruins the cars geometry so I think its a cool rule that they allow firewall modification.

Either way I think thats a good rule because now the Drift Works S15 can come over here for the Red Bull World Championship and wreck shit because that car is pure badassness and it will allow people to build a lot more balanced cars. Because lets face it on a pro level 4 cylinders are a thing of the past with the exception of Cosworth race motors or the Ecotec motors and it cost too much money to make them high powered and at that point they will be less reliable so people are resorting to larger motors and most of the time that ruins the cars geometry so I think its a cool rule that they allow firewall modification.

How the hell does tanner foust pass section 3.3.4

Easy he is running all the stock TC stuff THIS YEAR with Supra differential and axles thus making it legal. Last year there probably wasn't a rule against it so he was running all Supra suspension in the rear.

Easy he is running all the stock TC stuff THIS YEAR with Supra differential and axles thus making it legal. Last year there probably wasn't a rule against it so he was running all Supra suspension in the rear.

Seriously?
That car is illegal as fuck.
No subframe modification..... Supra rear end.
No firewall modification.... Motor sat damn near in the car.
Production motor from production car.... NASCAR truck v8

The firewall mod is approved now I am assuming since thats what green_machine said. And the subframe in the rear is now all stock minus the axles and diff as far as the motor thats pure bullshit but D. Mac is running that race motor too this season.

The firewall mod is approved now I am assuming since thats what green_machine said. And the subframe in the rear is now all stock minus the axles and diff as far as the motor thats pure bullshit but D. Mac is running that race motor too this season.

Please do tell me how a tc has a stock rwd subframe in it.

And last I knew, dmac was running a ls7 based motor.
The motor rule is kinda silly though.
When you run a fully forged and stroked motor, it's no where near a production motor. EVERYTHING has to be modified for it. I get what they were trying to do by leveling the playing field, but come on.
It's drifting.
That doods red nitrous corolla at Vegas a couple years ago beat every car there.
Fd is like the twilight zone.

Please do tell me how a tc has a stock rwd subframe in it.

Actually here it is. I read it on SpeedHunters. Link http://speedhunters.com/archive/2010/03/16/builds-gt-gt-rockstar-scion-updates-for-2010.aspx
Due to a change in the rules, the car's old Supra rear suspension is being replaced with stock tC components modified to fit with the Supra differential and axles.
rock7.jpg

rock5.jpg

rock6.jpg

Last edited:
I hope that thing snaps all the little scion links, and tears the stock subframe into a million pieces so they can change those rules too. Why can't everyone just drive normal cars? Wouldn't it be more fun?

lol. i dont know if this is true or not. but i heard that if the team gets one of the first 50 of the production cars that they can do whatever to it for the most part.

who cares. hes a good driver. another good driver can beat him, example that red corolla. it might be harder cause hes big ballin but just do your thing and have fun. dont worry about the nextel cup series powered fwd car next to you.

yea i dont get how people are building a tube frame chassis and they allow it...

i remember being told the reason you have to run an OEM style dash is so people can recognize and framiliarize with the race cars... ie they can say "its just like my car but faster!"... now the focus is, outrageous builds. these builds only make sense for a sport where everyone has huge budgets...

cars like Tanner's are like building a 4 story mansion in the middle of a trailer park that has lawns made of dirt and broken needles.

cars like Tanner's are like building a 4 story mansion in the middle of a trailer park that has lawns made of dirt and broken needles.

Best quote ever!! lol yes, rule bending/huge budgets make things a little unfair for the privateers, but you cannot deny that Scion is still totally badass. Anyways, who knows, drifting might eventually become 800+ hp monsters sliding 100+ mph :) oh wait....

Back
Top Bottom