z32 bmc leaking

madk180sx

Driver
Found out my z32 bmc was leaking yesterday. Its leaking around the black seals i think/pretty sure.

Now i've been searching and the only thing i found that may stop the leaking is thread sealant. So will that work?

Currently my car is ka-t and i have no heat shield that will keep the heat off the bmc if that matters.

Also, the little plastic piece that i guess holds the meter thing on the inside broke, so now the meter is just floating in the reservoir. Could i just get a new reservoir with seals and replace it?

I'm not sure what seals you're talking about that are leaking.

But yes, you can replace the reservoir with a new one, and just pop it in. You can use a stock 240sx one too if you wanted, but it will cock the thing by like 3 degrees. Not a big deal, but letting you know.

Where could i find just the reservoir?

Btw, im talking about this seal/o-ring

3889395213_712c3b8f08.jpg

just go to the junk yard and grab a new one. if you are interested i have a 17/16ths one with the fitting already installed for sale

Have a 17/16ths one right now. Love the feel of my brakes now so im trying to keep mine.

The 17/16ths bmc i have now, i got from jtunedmotorsports off of zilvia. Had no problems up until now. Think i may just get one from autozone though.

Back
Top Bottom