Your DUMBEST car moment

MiaS13

Driver
We've all had them now lets share them with our sfld family
I came home from work, i was tired beyond myself and just wanted to go to bed. i pull up to the house and i pull out my main relay(bunch of friends cars were stolen that week, mine was broken into) and i go inside. i wake up the next morning to go to work and i go to crank the car and it wont start. so i try to push start it and i get nothing. i check the battery, the starter everything was fine. i check the ignition fuses and everything checked ouot. by this time im cursing and bitching like a mad man. im late for work and its hot as shit outside. i go back inside to call the boss to call out from work and sitting next to the phone looking oh so lovely is my main relay. plugged it up, car cranks and i feel like an idiot the whole day

So Im The Only One Whos Had One Of These Moments

I did the same thing once.. took all 4 wheels off the night b4 and couldnt figure out why it didnt want to move... :D

lol, this ones really retarded but whatever.
i had the car in gear (automatic) and it wouldnt start. my gf had to tell me it was in drive after like 10 minutes, put the bitch in park start it and drive off feeling like a dumb shit.

rentyte said:
lol, this ones really retarded but whatever.
i had the car in gear (automatic) and it wouldnt start. my gf had to tell me it was in drive after like 10 minutes, put the bitch in park start it and drive off feeling like a dumb shit.

I did that shit all the time back when I owned my convertible S13. Now Ive grown so used to driving 5 speed. I cant drive auto anymore.

I think the stupiest moment was the other day when Im backing out my moms Honda Accord. I put the car in reverse and with my left foot slowly let off the brake pedal while giving it gas...Im like wtf, why isnt the car moving...then i realized what the hell I was doing :laugh: :laugh:

lol one of my dumber moments was a few months ago, i had just put in a new tranny and somehow managed to not bolt my starter in. amazingly it stayed in place long enough to start my car to test drive it and to get me to school the next morning but when i went to leave school i tried to crank my car and i could hear the starter spinning but my car wouldnt crank, so we tried push starting it. apparently the kid i had in the drivers seat didnt really know how to push start a car and didnt put the key in the on position, so after about 5 tries i gave up and went home to get my truck to drag it home and decided to try push starting it again, it started right up and when i got it home i found the starter just hanging there and the starter bolts sitting on my toolbox

slidewayz240sx said:
I did that shit all the time back when I owned my convertible S13. Now Ive grown so used to driving 5 speed. I cant drive auto anymore.

I think the stupiest moment was the other day when Im backing out my moms Honda Accord. I put the car in reverse and with my left foot slowly let off the brake pedal while giving it gas...Im like wtf, why isnt the car moving...then i realized what the hell I was doing :laugh: :laugh:

i've done the same thing a few times, my drift car and my daily are manual and whenever i drive my moms car i try to clutch in to start it

I GOT ANOTHER ONE. im driving the moms truck and some guy goes to cut me off so i go to hit the clutch, but the clutch magically turned into the brake pedal and i brake checked the shit out of the guy behind me

Last edited:
I dont know if this counts but I didnt have any jackstands when I was doing my suspension so I was using a 5ton floor jack.. it had wheels.. so i was under the car and i accdentally kicked the jack and it rolled away a few inches, and the cra fell on top of me. At the time of it falling, I didn't realize that if i just laid there, it wouldnt've touched me.. so by instinct i put my arm out to stop the car. Dis-located my shoulder :bigthumbu

mkiriakopoulos said:
I dont know if this counts but I didnt have any jackstands when I was doing my suspension so I was using a 5ton floor jack.. it had wheels.. so i was under the car and i accdentally kicked the jack and it rolled away a few inches, and the cra fell on top of me. At the time of it falling, I didn't realize that if i just laid there, it wouldnt've touched me.. so by instinct i put my arm out to stop the car. Dis-located my shoulder :bigthumbu
dumbass of the year award goes to... drumroll.................................................

THIS GUY

Ohh boy ive had a bunch.

Once with my old RED S12 I bought a new battery and when I was putting it in I had a great Idea cause my battery cables were run opposite of the actual termanals I would just ut the battery in the other way around..... yeah totally disregarding which was positive and which was negative lol SMOKE!!!!! OHH SHIT cars on fire!

One time I was working on this ladys Chevy avalanche in my buddies driveway, his driveway has a pretty steep slant and I was doing her rear brakes I had the car jacked up on the laft side now I was smart enought to put the Ebrake on because of the incline. But then i went to take the brake rotor off I couldnt and my dumbass relizes its cause the ebrake is on so I like jumped up and yanked it and as I yanked it even before I pulled it all the way I said to myself "YOU'RE A DUMBASS" sure enough the whole truck rolled off the jack breaking the kack and putting nice crak in the driveway and that was the only jack I had.

I once poured in 3 quarts of Mobil 1 Gear Oil in my SE-R bent down to check for leak and it was all on the floor. right next to the AXLES I forgot to pop in!

I work at a shop. Theres quite a few times I was replacing thermostats, put it all back together and filled it with coolant, only to realize, I didnt put the thermostat into the housing.

i hit a log while drift, so i kept on drifting, 10 minutes later while doing donuts my wheel fell off.. number 2 is running from the cops twice, good thing i was under 18.

1- Tried drifting my moms altima a year ago. Pulled ebrake around a uturn and front right tire flew off rim and rolled perfectly down street about a half a mile. Decided that I wont do that again.

2- About 2 months later tried drifting in my dads Mercury Mountaineer. Did big right turn perfect and then turn went uphill. Right when car hit uphill part,... back left tire flew off rim and rolled a good few hundered feet in front of me. Im like WTF!

well i went to give my cousin a jump on the side of I-75 cause his car took a shit and th red vert i had was auto when i stopped i imidiatly pulled the e-brake up but i forgto to put the car in park or neutral long story short when i went to rev the car to charg his battery the car almos ran me over i was leaning ot the fron bumper with my leg so i got a NASTY jean burn but i was ok because it only moved up 1ft because the ebrake was on :eek:

Back
Top Bottom