It looks like it was picked up off the bottom of the ocean:
blownsr20002.jpg

You stick a magnet down #3 and pull up this:
blownsr20005.jpg

or this:
blownsr20006.jpg

and you oil looks like this: :laugh: :ugh: :eek:
blownsr20007.jpg

Live and learn :bigthumbu BTW: learned my lesson and went to JDM of Miami and now I'm back in business with a VERY healthy engine :D

z4k said:
Where is that motor from?

BTW Invest in GLOVES!

by the way Zak those two kids are halariuos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

JDM_Of_Miami said:
by the way Zak those two kids are halariuos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

They are awesome. Just like the motor I bought from you! :bigthumbu

Well I will not say where I got the engine from as it is a "reputable" shop and I will not slander anyone. Zak, you know this shop very well if I'm not mistaken. There was no hassle on returning the engine but it was a complete waste of my time which is what is upsetting as my time is about the most valuable thing I have right now...

I think the engine has a cracked block which I believe was from severly overheating. I knew it was looking bad when the plastic casing on teh knock sensor had welted and formed a nice hard blob of plastic on teh side of the block. Unfortunalty for me, my wishfull thinking and trust in shop owner, I installed the engine only to burn out my starter trying to get the water out of the cylnds. He was like, it's just a little rain water... no big deal. i was skeptical but like I said I wanted to believe the engine was good and I had no reason to think other wise as the person who was telling me its fine seemed pretty sraightforward up to this point.

Again not saying that this was intentional. I'm sure he thought the engine was good as well. It's just upsetting when I do everything myself, in a driveway, with no shade. Two weekends in a row wasted doing engine pulls. It all pays off in the end though :bigthumbu .

"its just a little rain water" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I knew I could have sold my 1st coupe that easily I wouldnt have sent it to the junkyard.

JDM_Of_Miami said:
Thank you Sir, I really mean that!!!!! :D

btw were are u guys located exactly...that is if im not makin the wrong asumtion thinkin ur a shop that sells motors and what not?

btw were are u guys located exactly...that is if im not makin the wrong asumtion thinkin ur a shop that sells motors and what not?
Yes they sell motors. Very good ones in fact. For anyone looking for another engine I say JDM of MIAMI FTMFW!!!!

Ya when I got my Blacktop from JDM of Miami I felt a difference instantly! The motor ran like a champ! The car made a trip to Sarasota the day after it started! Not a single Hicup!

Yeah man my car feels really strong now. Feels better then last time I dyno'd and that was at 325 whp. I'm running a pfc now, it's running a hair lean so I still need to get it on the dyno and fine tune it. I'm actually going to turn the boost down and shoot for a lower number so we'll see. Then cams and that's it, I swear ;).

kleen555 said:
Yeah man my car feels really strong now. Feels better then last time I dyno'd and that was at 325 whp. I'm running a pfc now, it's running a hair lean so I still need to get it on the dyno and fine tune it. I'm actually going to turn the boost down and shoot for a lower number so we'll see. Then cams and that's it, I swear ;).

Ya Ya! Where are you planning to Dyno?

Back
Top Bottom