Yes, I am selling my car

Some of you care, some of you dont, but yes, I am going through with it. My goal is to purchase a JZA80 TT 6spd. But anyway, I had an epiphany a few weeks ago:
My plans were to basically convert my 2jzge into a 2jzgte by swapping the bottom end, head, head gasket, intake manifold, and coil packs. Now, all this alone, without installation would cost me around $2500. Then theres the installation of the turbo, piping ,exhaust manifold,and downpipe which would probably cost me around $1500. So basically, Id be spending $4000 on the conversion and then not even have a VB upgrade for my tranny or a standalone. Its just stupid. If I put $4000 into an A80, Id already be at at least 700hp, when in the IS Id have to boost safely because of the stock tranny.
Plus I drove my buddy's STI and I told myself I wasnt going back to an automatic n/a.

So yeah, this is my new project. As for the MA70, I plan on dropping the 1JZ in there and making it my daily driver.

Very nice staying with another Toyota. Yeah that seems like a good idea. You plan on drifting in the Supra TT? That'll be awesome, I like seeing those sideways. I have a few pics of Orido's D1 car, very nice.

Yeah I remember driving my friend's STi, its true boost is a very additive drug. I'm use to sliding around in a n/a AE86 with 90hp to the wheels and then I drove the STi. . .I had an epithany too, must have boost one day :D .

Well, keep us updated I'm sure all the Toyota heads out there will like to see the outcome.

Thank you!
Oh Im definately staying with another Toyota. I cant picture myself with anything else besides a Toyota, FD, or Skyline lol. But in anycase, I dont plan on drifting it since Ive had my bad experiences with understeering into crap, but I plan on making it for wangan. I LOVE wangan more than anything else, and I (obviously) picked the perfect car for that.

Ill definately keep everyone updated. I have alot of plans for that car. Ill post them up later.

S13 Slide said:
the Z32 TT is an awesome wangan car also :)
Anthony we think the same, we love the Z32's and the Firebirds. I will eventually have my dream Z32 as my daily.

I'm glad to here this Lebbet, good luck.

Thank you, Nelvis.
Oh yes, Z32 TTs are extremely sexy. I dont know much about them, but it makes sense that they would be good for wangan. FDs with 20bs are also good for wangan....theyre oh so sexy. Anyway, Im not too much of a fan of firebirds, but I do love the '02 WS6's. Im more of a Camaro fan :p .

Anyway plans for the A80 are as follow:
Garret T78 or T88 Turbo
Spearco FMIC
Denso 950cc injectors
Twin Walbro Fuel pumps
HKS 272 duration Camshafts
HKS Camgears
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Flexalite Fans
Ferrea Valvetrain
Veilside exhaust
AEM EMS Standalone
Tein or HKS coilovers (havent decided which ones yet)
18in Veilside Rims
ACT Clutch

Thats just off the top of my head right now, Ill probably want to do more in the long run.

altezzagirl said:
Anyway, Im not too much of a fan of firebirds, but I do love the '02 WS6's. Im more of a Camaro fan :p .
Damn you hurt my feelings :( I hate Camaros they are over glorified. Trans -Am owners are more hardcore and reserved. Camaro guys are smart-asses.

lol Im sorry, well, I know Camaro owners that are the biggest sweethearts Ive ever met, and I know Firebird owners that are hardcore goofballs. 2 of the nicest people I know own a Camaros. lol. Idk it all has to do with personal experience. For instance, every Supra owner Ive met down here (besides those on this forum) is the biggest ****head.

Sorry for not responding earlier. Well, if you dont want to drift it let me drift it sometime(legally of course ;) ). . .give me like 6 more months or so. Nah, thats up to you if I'm worthy enough lol. You do have a great Wangan car and from what you said your starting off on the right foot.

I personally like any car that I can have fun with. I like domestics, imports, euros, etc. I cant limit myself to one type of car when there are so many great cars out there. I dont know if any of you seen the Wangan AE86(it had a Tri-rotor engine that had around 600ps) I'm sure you've seen the video, if not the link is below.

(Sorry its not the best quality but skip go to the 40-45seconds part. . . :cool: )
http://videos.streetfire.net/Player.aspx?fileid=5B5C0AE3-A631-407D-AE73-C863F1ED0E7B&term=ae86&p=0

Stick with the IS. Supra's are ugly, heavy, played out, and you'll never see 700hp with $4k. That's a bench racer's dream. But if Wangan is your goal, get the FD...they are lighter and better aerodynamically than a Supra. I'd ditch the rotary and go with a motor that makes less sense, yet more sense at the same time...LS1. :)

dori dori said:
Stick with the IS. Supra's are ugly, heavy, played out, and you'll never see 700hp with $4k. That's a bench racer's dream. But if Wangan is your goal, get the FD...they are lighter and better aerodynamically than a Supra. I'd ditch the rotary and go with a motor that makes less sense, yet more sense at the same time...LS1. :)

Thats your own opinion on whether Supras are ugly. I happen to think theyre beautiful. Yes theyre played out, but why am I going to let its social stature deter my desire for it? Its a badass car, regardless. By the way, they actually weigh roughly 250 lbs more than IS's. And if you think thats alot, then consider the weight to power ratio. Also, how do you know that Ill never see 700hp with 4k? I get FREE turbo,manifold, intercooler, bov, downpipe, wastegate, piping, injectors and installation. Thats alot of money saved right there. So 4k on cams, camgears, fuel pumps, and the AEM EMS Id def. be at 700hp. So its not just a bench racer's dream, its a reality for someone who has hook ups.
I love FDs and I love rotaries, hence why I hate it when people do the LS1 swap. In my opinion it completely ruins it. If I ever got an FD, Id either do the 13bre swap or slap in a 20b. 20bs are awesome for wangan and I would love to have a 3 rotor FD, but I dont have that kind of money. Yes, the car is lighter and such, but I have so much more knowledge of the 2jz and building it. I am a big toyota enthusiast (yet I love many other makes and models also), so in the end, I think Im going to stick with my (USDM) dream car.

...try to give friendly advice and get lectured. :rolleyes:
#1. OK, you never mentioned you can get free turbo's, manifolds, ect...the way you wrote made you sound like your typical supra tard who, after his first 3 weeks of being a member of some supra club, set out to try to build the ultimate wangan rAcEcAr. Your fault not mine. Besides, if you're changing your cams and getting a Ferrea valve train alongside some cams gears, you can't forget the headwork (machine shop fees), metal head gasket, and head bolts (studs)...unless those are free too. Also, AEM EMS's don't just tune themselves...unless you get that for free. You're gonna want to monitor boost, a/f (with a wideband), and oil pressure at the very least...I bet your gauges are free too though. Didn't you already say that you'd have to pay for these things to be installed though...somewhere around $1500. Hmm, I'm no mathematician, but I think $4k left the building a while ago. Jeeze, dare I ask how you're getting thousands of dollars worth of parts for free?

#2. 250lbs IS a lot. If all you care about is power to weight, then I guess it doesn't matter. See, I live in a world where braking and turning are as important to me as accelerating. Different strokes for different folks I guess. If I were to build a wangan car, I’d do a boosted Vette anyway.

#3. I'm curious how a LS1 ruins an FD...is it reliability? See I thought that made a car better...not worse. Torque maybe? Hahah, j/k. LS1's are better than any 13b, period. 3 rotor swaps ruin the dynamics of an FD far more than an LS1 ever would. Then again, you seem to only be interested in wangan. Oh and please, for the love of god, DO NOT try to convince me that a boosted rotary can be made reliable. As much as I love hearing that, i get a headache every time.

dori dori said:
...try to give friendly advice and get lectured. :rolleyes:
#1. OK, you never mentioned you can get free turbo's, manifolds, ect...the way you wrote made you sound like your typical supra tard who, after his first 3 weeks of being a member of some supra club, set out to try to build the ultimate wangan rAcEcAr. Your fault not mine. Besides, if you're changing your cams and getting a Ferrea valve train alongside some cams gears, you can't forget the headwork (machine shop fees), metal head gasket, and head bolts (studs)...unless those are free too. Also, AEM EMS's don't just tune themselves...unless you get that for free. You're gonna want to monitor boost, a/f (with a wideband), and oil pressure at the very least...I bet your gauges are free too though. Didn't you already say that you'd have to pay for these things to be installed though...somewhere around $1500. Hmm, I'm no mathematician, but I think $4k left the building a while ago. Jeeze, dare I ask how you're getting thousands of dollars worth of parts for free?

First of all, I wasnt lecturing you, I was enlightening you on certain factors. The internet tends to radiate a bad connotation from paragraphs/explanations/rebuttles. Anyway, no Im not some Supra tard whos blindly going into building a racecar. Ive had my plans for a loooong time. Just with the IS. Now with the Supra, Ill obviously be deducting the 2jzgte bottom end, head, coil packs, and intake manifold from my plans.
Anyway, about the headwork, Im paying for half of the installation of that, in which I am friends and do business with Jamasco.They give me big discounts on anything. I already was quoted $100 to tune the AEM EMS. And I know your wondering how I get this for free, right? My father owns M.I.C Turbo = biological sponsorship.
As for my gauges, I work at Lexus, which means I get TRD gauges at cost (through our Toyota sister dealership). So they turn out to be dirt cheap.

dori dori said:
#2. 250lbs IS a lot. If all you care about is power to weight, then I guess it doesn't matter. See, I live in a world where braking and turning are as important to me as accelerating. Different strokes for different folks I guess. If I were to build a wangan car, I’d do a boosted Vette anyway.

Didnt I just say that my car will be set up for wangan? :rolleyes:

dori dori said:
#3. I'm curious how a LS1 ruins an FD...is it reliability? See I thought that made a car better...not worse. Torque maybe? Hahah, j/k.

An LS1 ruins an FD in the sense of it being outside the make. Im the type of person that likes to stay within the make. Yes, its a powerful swap. The weight distribution is pretty ****ty, but nonetheless its fast as ****. A 20b weighs roughly 315 lbs vs. and LS1 that weighs roughly 420 lbs. Ah but 105 lbs to you is alot isnt it?
In any case a 20b its a helluva lot sexier than an LS1. ;)

dori dori said:
LS1's are better than any 13b, period.

OPINION. And its not a 13b, its a 13brew....big difference. I know quite a few people who would refute that also.

dori dori said:
LS1's are better than any 13b, period. 3 rotor swaps ruin the dynamics of an FD far more than an LS1 ever would.

Really? How so?

And again, OPINION

dori dori said:
Then again, you seem to only be interested in wangan.

Isnt that one of the main fibers of the topic anyway? My car is being set up for wangan!
And no, Im not only interested in wangan. And if I was, why would it matter? We all have our own interests and ideas, dont we?

dori dori said:
Oh and please, for the love of god, DO NOT try to convince me that a boosted rotary can be made reliable. As much as I love hearing that, i get a headache every time.

I wasnt even going to. Dont care enough, and Ill let one of the rotary guys refute that if they wish.

Im not trying to argue with you. Im trying to enlighten you on a different point of view.

Last edited:
Lebbet I'd give up arguing. I used to want to go Wangan and got flamed everyday. You just cant convince them. Everyone has there own opinions.

Anyways... As Far as the supra build. I used to work for MTR(RETARDS) and Drag International, who is well know for the cars they built. Those cars tend to get mad pricey! If you can get dyno time and someone to tune for $100 you are a lucky person. We spent over $100 on GAS most days at the dyno. Also you want to keep WALBRO fuel pumps as far away from your build as possible. They are RICE PUMPS. You expect $75 to support you car? Spend the money go Aeromotive. The last thing you want is lack of fuel. We used 2 Holly pumps and made over 700RWHP. Also if wangan is your goal stay away from heavy veilside rims. Go with something light and strong like HRE, or those American wheels they use on drag cars. Very light and strong many sizes! Used the OEM fan. Works great! We used it on our 900+HP supra. Also go with a precision turbo witht he surge protection. You will make more power. We dumped our GReddy T88E and made more power. My personal recomendation is do a lot of research.

I have nothing against wangan Zak.

altezzagirl, so you have crazy mad hookups. Cool. I won't take away from what I was saying though since 99.9% of us don't have those hookups and I would never assume anyone does. Just because you're setting your car up for wangan doesn't mean that weight shouldn't be an issue...it's just not as much of an issue and I understand that. Personally, i'd rather get more out of a car than straight line "racing" so 250lbs IS a big deal.

As for your weight arguemen with rotarys and ls1's...read this: http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=477370&highlight=ls1+weighs

If you read that, maybe you'll be "enlightened". The funny thing is, I was a rotor tool. They where all I cared about...I was a pubic hair's lenght away from putting one in my s-chassis...then I was enlightened. And don't try to school me on 13b naming...whether or not you get a 13bt, 13bre, 13brew, ect...they are all 13b's when it comes down to it (unless we are talking about a renesis 13b in which case I would definitely specificy what we're talking about). Different porting, manifolds, or stock turbos don't make 13b's so different that we have to be anal about their naming...come on.

Whatever though. I envy your hookups and look forward to seeing how your future car evolves.

Matt: I didnt give up on drifting. I didnt plan on drifting on the track or anything period. I just did runs on the street for fun. My car understeers too much. Ive always been a major fan of wangan.

Zak: Thank you for the advice. Its sad how when you voice your own opinion that happens to be contradictory to everyone else's, you get flamed for it. Whatever. Anyway, I know you worked for the retards, great learning experience though. And Im not lieing when I say that Jamasco is going to tune the AEM for $100. As for dyno runs, Alex from Lopez racing is good friends with my dad and they do eachother favors, so he said I could use his dyno whenever. Anyway, I dont think I could get PT turbos. :(

Dori Dori: I give up. Im tired. I wasnt intending to argue. Thank you, though.

see u on the highway then, and NO im not quiting, .....ever "slide or die" <--stand by it

Back
Top Bottom