Xxr

I have hit rumble strips and shit at like 60mph+ with my sport max/xxrs, dented the lips but no real damge...

Any wheel will break depending onwhat you hit. I broke 3 spokes on my p45rs hitting a curb at 40. Also broke every suspension arm on that side and the bottom mount on coilover and snapped my brake rotor in half

I've owned my share of "lesser wheels" for lack of a better term

took me a while to dig this one up, but I did this with a rumble strip at USair a few yrs ago...
7834_781324786763_6238517_44032725_563990_n.jpg
dd28_107.jpg

To these, and a pair of MB weapons...still looking for that pic lol.
After that, Idk...my RPF1's took such a fucking beating!
Maybe its because I run a decent stretch and low profile tires as opposed to the pros, idk...but that pic in the link really scares me.

i've got an advan that is completely out of true from hitting a wall, and it still holds air, i don't use it cause it wobbles. Years ago i had one of a set of ADR's explode on me a turnpike onramp, on a car that had never been in an accident or on a track, just hard street driving. i'll never run fake wheels again.

Sh!t happens. Any wheel 'can' potentially do that. I wouldn't blame it on XXR/Sportmax (whatever they are now)
I have a set of 527's on order right now. As soon as they get here, they are getting R-compounds and getting their asses handed to them. I'll let you know how it goes :cool:
I had my two left side wheels explode when I ran up onto a 3" curb at 45mph (old dd). They were factory alloys with 225/50 tires on them. Should have been plenty of cushion, but it all depends on how they are hit.
I would think as long as you get your wheels from a company that has a distributor here in the US, you should be fine. They do have standards and such that they have to hold up to.
But I"m the new guy, don't listen to me :eek:

Idk dude, for example, my ssr's, my purple drift spares, I have drifted on rim...at Desoto my first ever drift event here in FL my tire blew mid-drift and I drifted on rim for almost a full minute and u know what? as rashed as they are, even with a dent from sliding on rim...they still hold air and balance out. My RPF1's I got a flat and hit a fucking bouldaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr with the barrell of the wheel...and it indented it...and continued holding air and balancing out.

Every 4 lug car i've ever owned has had xxr 002's
But seeing these pics of Rotas all over the internet (i figured fuck rota)

These new XXR's are nice, the 527 I can honestly say I really like the way they look. I think them powdercoated in white will go great with my car. But are they really this weak?
For reference, my 18X9.5 gram light has a 215/35/18 on it..

there are alot of factors to consider when you have wheel/tire failure like speed tire pressure tire size and stretch yes less expensive wheels seem to be more prone to breakage but maby it is because there is so many more people that have cheap wheels than people that can afford a 2 to 3 thousand dollar set of wheels

there are alot of factors to consider when you have wheel/tire failure like speed tire pressure tire size and stretch yes less expensive wheels seem to be more prone to breakage but maby it is because there is so many more people that have cheap wheels than people that can afford a 2 to 3 thousand dollar set of wheels

So your logic for less expensive wheels being more prone to breakage because more people have them?
:confused:

So your logic for less expensive wheels being more prone to breakage because more people have them?

i am just saying that there are more cheap wheels out there than expensive wheels
i know and understand that they tend to break easier due to lesser quality but we must understand abuse is no excuse for wheel failure

there is more opportunity he is saying.

if 1 million people ate at Bobs Weiners and 100 got food poisoning.
then 100,000 people ate at Jacks Shack and 20 people did.

Just cuz less at Jacks doesnt mean that it is better, but the odds are in his favor considering less people buying his product.

obviously $$$ wheels should be made "better", but anywheel can break under the wrong circumstance/road condidtions. also, there are so many shit drivers, im sure they dont want to curb a real nice wheel so they get these. I would be scared to hell of hitting a 500$/wheel on a rumble strip- my pockets er empty 'cuz.

Back
Top Bottom