Xtreme Drift Circuit Sued by Englishtown and has Laundry List of Unpaid Drivers/Emplo

Wrecked Magazine

XDC.2012.TheEndoftheBeginnging-620x412.jpg

A small buzz has been going through the industry of late about some problems with Xtreme Drift Circuit. Nobody would really share with us to produce a full story but one kid in Orlando, Florida has built quite the case of irresponsible actions against XDC Events Inc. (parent company of XDC). The story doesn’t have as much as juice as the old D1GP drama we documented in Issue 11 of Wrecked Magazine called – D1GP USA: Drama, The Internet, and the First Season.

Combing through this amazing story published a few days ago you find that a court case is brought up between Englishtown and XDC events for unpaid track fees. I guess that explains why Englishtown isn’t on the 2012 schedule. Here is what you can pull from the New Jersey public records website which we inserted below.

Englishtownvs.XDC_.png

The other big note is Efrain Olivares who was the PR representative for XDC until this season. He also represents Formula Drift driver Kyle Mohan and I spoke with him about the issues at XDC. He remains unpaid by the company but requested that the drivers be paid instead of him.

WillParsons.XDC_-620x413.jpg

Will Parsons was one of the drivers reached in the article who noted he had unpaid debts from the series in 2011 but worked out an arrangement with the series to help travel expenses covered in 2012 instead of payment. Many other drivers have said for a long time that drivers were going unpaid in the series but I have always asked for them to come forward and talk about it with me on the website but got a 100% decline rate. I don’t feel like these are isolated events that have gone on but the drivers have turned a shoulder to it because they want a place to compete.

XDC2012-620x412.jpg

While chatting with Brian Eggert at Streets of Long Beach we spoke about XDC and my concerns of them losing his long expertise as a event manager. He told me they have a guy in place this season Michael Collins who does seem on top of his game as far as this season goes. Brian told me not to worry and that he was a valid replacement to keep the series moving forward. To show a good sign at Firebird Raceway I was told and Nate Hamilton confirmed in this other article that drivers were paid cash at the end of the event weekend. It is hard to say what will happen moving forward but the series is set for Orlando, Florida next round and only time will tell how it turns out.

Read the Original Story Discovered and Written by Michael Block: http://www.examiner.com/article/dri...rvive-the-2012-season-an-investigative-report

More...

Do they really expect the drivers to care about getting paid? They just want to drive.

Well at least that's my understanding and it seems that would be why they aren't confronting them. I'm sure they get most of what they need from their sponsors.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Do they really expect the drivers to care about getting paid? They just want to drive.

Well at least that's my understanding and it seems that would be why they aren't confronting them. I'm sure they get most of what they need from their sponsors.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

would you like to travel around the country, do comps, win and not get the $$ you earned? paying out of pocket for travel, gas, food etc.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

first... what the hell? of course they want paid.

second... series often have rules about defamation (talking bad about the series) results in fines. it would be hard to publicly talk about it without risking a fine/being banned from future events until you pay.

third... cash flow from sponsors is extremely hard to get and most give parts or only a discount in most cases. A free set of wheels doesn't fill up the gas tank or your belly with yummy foods. The cost to run a single event when travelling can be over $1500 EASY when you go 1/2 way across the country.

I got paid.

Also, good luck getting sponsor money to drive XDC.

Yeah I wouldn't expect major sponsors when you mention that you're only driving for XDC. Any Joe can drive XDC as long as he pays to drive.

between all this arguments about drivers not getting paid and the amount of attention its getting. I still dont see anything being done about it. As far as the driver keeping their mouths shut its for a reason. "In every rulebook in motorsports, it says if you badmouth the sanctioning body, that you can be fined. So a lot of the drivers have not spoken up about what's going on in fear of getting fined and wiping out their prize money." so i did a lil more research, and read some more articles about whats going on. a couple drivers claim that they got paid 100 percent and that they will still support XDC in 2012 but their are still other drivers that remain quiet for a reason!
a post in another forum stated. ''PS - I think it would be really awesome if all the drivers staged a protest and refused to make a qualifying pass at one of the events, jeopardizing XDC's ability to 'put on a show' until the old debts are paid. The drivers HAVE the power to put XDC in their place, but it would take a LOT of balls.'' exactly my point for this post, ''WE'' as in the local drifters and drift enthusiast should take this into our hands and do somthing about it. Im not saying lets boycott XDC and dig its grave, but untill all the drivers come out in public and announce that they have gotten paid in full all 100 percent. we wont participate in 2012 XDC events.
thats my 0.02 cents.:bigthumbu

between all this arguments about drivers not getting paid and the amount of attention its getting. I still dont see anything being done about it. As far as the driver keeping their mouths shut its for a reason. "In every rulebook in motorsports, it says if you badmouth the sanctioning body, that you can be fined. So a lot of the drivers have not spoken up about what's going on in fear of getting fined and wiping out their prize money." so i did a lil more research, and read some more articles about whats going on. a couple drivers claim that they got paid 100 percent and that they will still support XDC in 2012 but their are still other drivers that remain quiet for a reason!
a post in another forum stated. ''PS - I think it would be really awesome if all the drivers staged a protest and refused to make a qualifying pass at one of the events, jeopardizing XDC's ability to 'put on a show' until the old debts are paid. The drivers HAVE the power to put XDC in their place, but it would take a LOT of balls.'' exactly my point for this post, ''WE'' as in the local drifters and drift enthusiast should take this into our hands and do somthing about it. Im not saying lets boycott XDC and dig its grave, but untill all the drivers come out in public and announce that they have gotten paid in full all 100 percent. we wont participate in 2012 XDC events.

Sounds like a great way to piss a lot of people off.

Also sounds like the plot in the movie "Stick it." Which is a gymnastics movie..... you gay, bro?

...noone seems to get, that we are in florida, amd means nutn to the scene

Florida fails remember...

exactly this. xdc is taking advantage of drifters/enthusiasts and is milking it for all it's worth. it's terrible that they're doing this.

http://www.examiner.com/article/dri...rvive-the-2012-season-an-investigative-report

^here's another great report on how poorly they're doing.

Back
Top Bottom