Xbox elite vs xbox s

DrtyRat

So I'm in the market for a new xbox for my son, for Christmas. I've Ben looking around and have narrowed my choices to two bundles. The 1st is the halo reach edition xbox s, it comes with limited edition reach xbox and two reach edition controllers with 250gb hd, wifi, etc. For 399.99. The other option is the xbox elite bundle with halo odst, forza 3 and 120gb hd for 299.99. I would still have to purchase halo reach and another controller, but I would get two extra games for the same price as the reach edition. Just curious as to which might be a better choice. Fwiw, I hav no interest in the kinnect right now.

Either one should be good - just try and get the newer version with built in wifi (new design) and shop around

Gamestop has the reach version for 350 http://www.gamestop.com/browse/search.aspx?dsNav=N:133-196

The deals will definetly get better as black friday and christmas approach so dont rush it.

Keep ur eyes on www.fatwallet.com and www.dealnews.com they usually post sick deals and coupon codes on all sorts of shit

GL

definitely get the s version. its a lot quiet, a lot smaller, a lot more convenient, etc. plus the s version you can hook up the xbox kinect, which comes out in a couple days

Well I picked up the forza3/odst package @ BJ's. It was only supposed to include one controller and a headset, but instead came with a second controller with the two games for 294.99. I'm really happy with what I got and now I only need to go and get halo reach for another 60.00 and that gift will b complete. Thanks for all of the advice.

Get the S, I have one, super nice, the wifi really was a nice uprgrade, on top of that nobody has had the same problems with them dying as the regular ones

Well I picked up the forza3/odst package @ BJ's. It was only supposed to include one controller and a headset, but instead came with a second controller with the two games for 294.99. I'm really happy with what I got and now I only need to go and get halo reach for another 60.00 and that gift will b complete. Thanks for all of the advice.

Not that great of a deal imo.
RROD+ not-so-great ODST < new S model

Wifi for old model=$100
new model=built-in

hdd sizes=120gb old model, 250gb new.

You could probably find reach cheaper than $60 somewhere with upcoming sales too.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

better yet:
http://www.ecrater.com/p/9452047/microsoft-xbox-360-halo-reach-limited

I have the silver Reach Edition.I love it for onlie but I'm scared to scared to get the new Red Dot of Death (youtube it). I trust my PS3 S more but the online @XBL is badass and makes the xbox worth it

Go to any GameStop now [pretty sure OP is done w/ this thread, just generally speaking], they should have the holiday bundle Xbox 360s in

Includes Forza 3 and Alan Wake[dlc]

A little update. My wife and I were at best buy about 2 wks ago and saw the kinnect, and how well it works while people were playing the demo, so we returned teh elite to BJ's and picked up the xbox s 250gb with the kinnect, plus picked up halo reach on black friday for 39.99. I'm really excited, and cant wait until christmas. Thanks for all of the advice.

Back
Top Bottom